Darcstaar

Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition

132 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Mine too.  I didn't roll a single one until rolls rolls 5 and 6.  They they all came out to play.

We should probably coordinate cantrips as well.  I plan on guidance and resistance, leaving one spot open for either light or detect magic.

Makes sense.

As a lvl 1 summoner, I know 4 cantrips. My full cantrip list is (current choice bolded): acid splash, arcane mark, daze, detect magic, guidance, light, mage hand, mending, message, open/close, read magic, resistance.

Too tired yesterday to work on number crunching, but for my eidolon, I'm aiming for a bipedal form. For combat purposes, I'll have it focus on melee weapon use, and a naturally long reach. His overall shape will be reminiscent of an ape who has a strange habit of wearing fancy hats.

Edited by Cranky Dog
2 people like this

On 7/15/2017 at 5:44 AM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I've got Thassilonian covered (Scholar of the Ancients trait) covered.  In case people want to coordinate skills, I'm proficient in  Diplomacy, Use Magic Device, Religion, Heal and History and Spellcraft, In the future I'll be taking Sense Motive, Nature and Linguistics.  And then I can help round things out.I also have a free language in case we need to fill a gap.

I'm definitely not a front line fighter, I plan on casting support and healing spells, and then shooting things.

WIP character here: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1272341

That feather subdomain is helpful!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Darcstaar said:

That feather subdomain is helpful!

Quite helpful!  Gets replaces a situational limited use ability (calm animal) with an straight Perception bonus?  And give prof in Fly (with out replacing the prof Nature); it's much better.  Plus I get fly added to my spell list!

Almost took the Home sub-domain of Community.  But I figured that the chance for saves might be more useful than being able to ward a campsite or resting area.

I also ust figured out that I can cut and paste text into the notes blocks for Myth Weavers so I'm putting rulebook text of all of my abilities instead of shorthand in the abilities columns.  Will make it much easier during gameplay not to have to look things up.  Plus the spell lists from the applicable books (since there are only three) to keep things straight.

ETA: How tight are we adhering to encumbrance?  I just noticed that a light load form me is 38 lbs.  I think I'll be having a mule to carry around all my stuff.  Weapons and armor get me to 37lbs!

I believe if I caught everything that I am supposed to play an arcane character(let me know if I missed something).  I am looking at a sorcerer.  I have never played one and thought it might be a fun change.  Any suggestions?

Sorcerer should be ok.

I'd recommend looking at the variant favored class options by race in the advanced player's guides.

Nicholai Tarasov: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1272341

Nicholai is a simple itinerant priest of Erastil.  He travels from town to village to isolated farmhold, spreading the word of Erastil, providing healing and helping to drive away predators.  He also occasionally goods and mail with his trusty mule Asa, as well as convincing the beast to assist in removing treestumps upon occasion. 

Varasian, his parents were in a performing troup that traveled by caravan.  As a teen, he grew sick with a wasting disease.  Luckily they were near Kaer Maga (whatever the other big wizard academy is) and he was able to get medical attention there.  While recovering he spent much time at the academy there, where his love of knowledge was discovered and nurtured.   He is on his way to Sandpoint after making a round throughout the surrounding villages.  He plans on resting and tending to anyone in town that needs aid, and then continuing on his rounds.

Nicholai is very devout and hews close to the Erastilian ideal that service to the community is of the highest importance; followed by family and then service to self as a distance third. 

I almost changed around my who idea for him and went crossbow master rather than long bow and switched to worshiping Desna, but realized I kind of like where this guy and his backstory ended up.  He sees it as his religious duty to protect the communities he serves so he has a built in hook for joining the group for this campaign.

2 people like this

I'm pretty sure you don't take a -1 to hit with a bow or crossbow when equipped with a buckler.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Darcstaar said:

I'm pretty sure you don't take a -1 to hit with a bow or crossbow when equipped with a buckler.

No you do not.  However, if you miss the changed modifier from your attribute increase, then you end up with wrong to hit value.  I'll fix it when I get back to a computer.

2 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

No you do not.  However, if you miss the changed modifier from your attribute increase, then you end up with wrong to hit value.  I'll fix it when I get back to a computer.

Ok.  No problem.

1 person likes this

I am now excited to play.  And sad that character creation over.  I think one of my favorite things is coming up with a character concept and figuring out the optimum way of realizing the concept within the confines of the rules.  This time it was fairly easy based on the rulebook limitations (less option paralysis) and the clear concept I had at the start.

1 person likes this

Rolls: 3,5,5,6 (16)

3,3,5,6 (14)

2,3,4,6 (13)

3,4,6,6 (16)

1(3),6,6,6 (18)

3,3,6,6, (15)

Grimm Hammerhand

Male Dwarf Ranger (Divine Tracker Achetype [Torag/Cayden Cailean])

NG Medium Humanoid (dwarf)

Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +7

AC: 19, (+5 armor, +4 dex)

hp: 14 (10 for HD + 4 Con mod)

Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +3

Speed: 20 ft

Melee: dwarven waraxe +3 (1d10+2), or dwarven waraxe +1 (1d10+2) and dwarven maulaxe +1 (1d6+1)

Ranged: maulaxe +5 (1d6+2), sling +5 (1d6+2)

Special Abilities: favored enemy (goblinoids) +2, track +1

Str 15, Dex 18, Con 18, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 11

Base Atk : +1; CMB +3; CMD 17

Feats: Two-Weapon Fighting

Traits: Reckless, Rich Parents

Skills: (ACP -1) Acrobatics +8 (+4 to jump), Climb +3, Craft: (Armor, Weapons +9 [+11] if made of metal), Disable Device +9, Knowledge: (dungeoneering, geography+9), perception +7, stealth +7, survival +7

Languages: Common, Dwarven, Giant, Goblin, Shoanti

SQ: Favored Enemy: Humanoid (goblinoids), track

Racial Abilities: Slow and Steady, Defensive Training (+4 dodge bonus to AC vs creatures of the giant type), Hardy (+2 to saves vs. spells, spell-like abilities and poison), stability (+4 bonus to CMD when resisting bull rush or trip), Craftsman (+2 to all craft or profession checks related to metal or stone, replaces greed), Stonecunning (+2 bonus on Perception checks to notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking), Hatred (+1 racial bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the orc and goblinoid subtypes because of their special training against these hated foes), Weapon Familiarity (proficient with battleaxes, heavy picks, and warhammers, and treat any weapon with the word “dwarven” in its name as a martial weapon)

Armor: Mwk Chain Shirt w/ armored kilt

Weapons: Dwarven waraxe, Dwarven Maulaxe, dagger (2), sling w/ 10 bullets

Equipment: Backpack, bandoleer, bedroll, belt pouch, candles (2), ink, scriviner’s kit, journal, parchment (5), pipe and tobacco, scroll case, silk rope 50’, small steel mirror, soap, masterwork artisans tools, masterwork thieves tools, masterwork survival kit, Tome of Epics, Hammer and Tongs: The Forging of Metal and Other Good Works, alchemist fire (2), smokestick, potion of Cure Light Wounds (2), trail rations (5), 108gp, 2sp, 8cp

Notes: Reckless (+1 on acrobatics and acrobatics is a class skill), favored class (ranger) +1 skill point

Description: 4’4”,  185 lbs, 76 years old stocky build, green eyes, slightly greying chestunut hair and beard, both braided and with rings

Background: Grimm could have had a very comfortable life manufacturing arms and armor in Almas as the co-owner of The Hammer and Axe, a smithy he owned with his cousin. In some ways a very stereotypical dwarf he is also quite introspective and intelligent. He likes to read as much as forge items and drink ale. He would spend much of his free time reading about various topics and after getting a hold of some Pathfinder Chronicles began to have a desire to see the wider world. Nothing probably would have come of this if had fate not stepped in. One day while drinking with a companion of his, a human cleric of Cayden Cailean(whom he thinks as highly of as Torag) he accepted a drinking challenge. The winner was to throw a dagger at map on the wall and the looser had to travel to where the dagger struck. Had not been already three sheets to the wind he might not have agreed to it, also had he not been drunk already he might have won. But he did and he was and he lost. His companion’s dagger struck a little fly speck called Sandpoint and being an honorable dwarf, the next day he sold his share in the smithy for a pittance, and bought passage aboard a ship to Magnimar. Once there he traveled by caravan to Sandpoint. Arriving there he quickly set to working at the forge, but realizing that there was much to see and being quite curious for a dwarf he also would take time to explore the hinterlands. On one of these expeditions he met (insert) and honing his natural dwarven instincts began hunting goblins. Still, he's as likely to be found reading under a tree as out hunting, forging or drinking at the tavern.

3 people like this

Just realized I need another language. Any ideas?

Well read, outdoorsman, hunter.

Well aren't we the pair.

1 person likes this