Sign in to follow this  
Orlando_the_Technicoloured

Carnevale 2.0 kickstarter by TT Combat

100k beyond our goal! Thank you!

Thank you all for being part of this campaign. Your energy in the comments was incredible and you made it such a pleasure to be a part of.

1961c4f8a2a8cdde08b9c7392f9de8a3_origina

I (Louis) plan to spend this weekend away from a computer with my wife & dogs who might have forgotten what I look like! Perhaps I will try to catch up on some sleep too! However we will all be back next week and following up on any more questions you have about the game.

6eb2fc73e618c573356e14f8e7d8b403_origina

The pledge manager should be up next week (probably Wednesday) and we will continue to post more content throughout the following months.

2ff6d43002c1c9a02986603391c31116_origina

I hope you enjoyed meeting some of our incredible team in our final live video, they have been fantastic at developing the game and creating content for this KS. We will all be celebrating with a Venetian themed party (Dress up being essential) which we will share pictures from in due course.

5a3d2b0da58d7f82d87b840d2c34ccdc_origina

Thank you also to Vesperon Games for selling us this phenomenal IP. David Esbri is a fantastic person with incredible ideas and I hope we do him proud in taking this game from strength to strength.

3376bf370041ceaee2eadcc3f4886172_origina

Moving forward there will be a weekly round up of activity and we cant wait to go through the beta with you and delve deeper into this awesome world.

5fac93827c4539338fe32cadcedeee50_origina

We only just missed out on the 130k stretch goal so as announced in the final live video this will be included in all pledges of £60 and more. Detailed MDF wells you can use for scenery or objectives :) Below is one but there are 3 different variants in the set.

849df4f94c6f889e833d1b06c612eea5_origina

Until next time my fellow Venetians

Grazie!

Edited by Orlando_the_Technicoloured
  • Like 1

The Carnevale Backerkit is live!

Surveys have all been sent out, so check your inboxes if you pledged during the Kickstarter campaign.

If you aren't a backer but want to get involved, you'll be able to join the rest of the community by late pledging in the Backerkit pre-order store!

As usual, I can't remember what I pledged for.

I'm sure I wanted 2 minis from the Doctors faction, but I can only find one I like now.

Backerkit Info

Good morning Venetians!

I have two bits of information for you this morning:

• Backerkit surveys and pre-orders close at the END OF OCTOBER
  • Any late pledges WILL get any applicable stretch goals!
0ce3a0d4769598eaf408f57ed035d94d_origina

Let's talk about them a little more for a sec.

Backerkit will be closing at the end of October. That means you have until October 31st to fill out your surveys, add extra add-ons, or to late pledge.
Cards will not be charged until after that date, so make sure you have funds in the correct places at that point.
We will let you all know when the surveys are going to close and will post frequent reminders to that fact. We'll also give you all a heads up before cards are charged.

Now, stretch goals! We had a little talk about whether late pledges should receive stretch goals. We'd previously thought that they'd only be for Kickstarter backers, because it's you all that helped to breathe new life into Carnevale!
Then we got to thinking that we're still improving the game right now. The more support we get, the better we can make the game, and that includes help from people that missed out during the campaign. We had a lot of people messaging us that weren't able to secure funds in time for the Kickstarter campaign, or only found it after it ended but were still just as enthusiastic as the rest of us, and it didn't seem right to penalise those people!
So that's why we've decided that the stretch goals will be available for everyone! If you're an early backer or a late pledger, simply put whatever you want in your cart - we'll add everything up and pop in the correct stretch goals when we fulfil the orders.

Speaking of stretch goals, we can't end an update without a cool painted miniature, right? So how about a stretch goal Strigoi?

• Like 1

We've got a 2 month delay because

We're thrilled to announce today possibly the biggest news to Carnevale since the Kickstarter launched. New York Times Bestselling author and industry legend Gav Thorpe has signed on to write the Carnevale book!

Some of you reading are like us and should be squealing with joy at this news. For others that aren't already rooting through their dog-eared copies of old White Dwarf magazines... well I'll let Gav describe himself. From his website:

"Gav Thorpe has a long history with the Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 universes, and has written many novels for the same. He is a New York Times best-selling author with his novella The Lion, and winner of the 2017 David Gemmell Legend Award for his novel Warbeast. His epic swords-and-sandals fantasy Empire of the Blood is available from Angry Robot. Gav has worked on numerous tabletop and video games as designer, writer and world creation consultant. He has also delivered writing workshops and appeared on numerous discussion panels at literature and genre events. He lives near Nottingham with his partner Kez and son Sammy."

(he's going to be doing world building/background not rules)

Fulfilment of the kickstarter is just about to start, with a retail release scheduled for October 26th

this is beginning to fulfil

"That takes me onto fulfilment. We have begun to ship orders! Those not containing the 2 player box have begun to leave us today. We are aiming to have EVERYTHING shipped in the next 2 weeks. Please then allow 2 weeks for arrival. If you don't have your pledge 4 Friday updates from now then send us a message and we can look into its whereabouts. Please be patient in the mean time as replying to 1000 people asking if their pledge has shipped will only slow us down when we want to be packing and posting instead."

The pledges are going to be filling our daily post from here on! 

but there was a problem with the 2 player starter boxes that about half the backers will need

"The frustrating thing is that our retail boxes got massively delayed. By a month, they wont be here with us until the 16th of November. We were expecting delivery this past week as a very latest estimate from our order date. A break down in communications at the supplier lead to mass confusion and them only starting the work on our projected delivery date. They have promised to push this date as far forward as possible but they cannot guarantee any advance on it."

so they offered a choice of waiting for that (if this matters to you read your updates and tell them) or going with a white generic box with a custom sticker available far sooner (as the supplier had it in stock) which, since this is for me not resale I was happy enough with

and lo, the white box arrived even sooner than the supplier promised

The box is a beast. That label is A4 size!

9cac106c3f95dc71340e766ff43c6529_origina

ba463a7649fc3a6a78bfbc7fd4256e46_origina

a2fb0add52311e4930bcb8c8ccb3c712_origina

so I'm now waiting to see when it arrives (and if I get mine before Beagle gets his, cats before dogs after all)

Oh and they pushed the retail release back to 30th November to make sure most (all hopefully) of the backers stuff is out the door before retail gets it, even those that wait for the retail box

Edited by Orlando_the_Technicoloured
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

so I'm now waiting to see when it arrives (and if I get mine before Beagle gets his, cats before dogs after all)

this better not happen, I came up with the single best idea in the Kickstarter campaign and they owe me.....even if they did ignore my idea.

• Haha 3

Well it arrived early (clearly the courier believes in cats before dogs), and what I've looked at so far looks good

the 2 player starter (white oversized box), a bunch of KS stretch goal minis to give a taste of all the factions, a dead shark monster as resin terrain,  the venetian well from their MDF terrain range, four sets of  acrylic tokens

and a nice surprise a copy of the current dropzone commander rule book (stickered to inform you that a new edition is coming next year), good advertising for them and a good way to get rid of all the stock they picked up when they bought out Hawk wargames

the starter set has the gondolier mini (great to add a Venetian atmosphere), a bunch of card buildings and map times, the rule book,  deck of (spell?) cards, quick reference rules,  unit cards for the starter factions, and, of course the minis

assuming it's all there (I haven't looked in detail), I'm really pleased with it

• Like 1

Been wondering why mine hasn't arrived yet when I only pledged for 4 or 5 minis.

Turns out I may never have actually gotten around to filling in the pledge manager, I certainly don't have a confirmation e-mail or anything ::(:

I'll give it a couple of weeks and then e-mail them, see which one of us screwed up.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

Well it arrived early (clearly the courier believes in cats before dogs), and what I've looked at so far looks good

the 2 player starter (white oversized box), a bunch of KS stretch goal minis to give a taste of all the factions, a dead shark monster as resin terrain,  the venetian well from their MDF terrain range, four sets of  acrylic tokens

and a nice surprise a copy of the current dropzone commander rule book (stickered to inform you that a new edition is coming next year), good advertising for them and a good way to get rid of all the stock they picked up when they bought out Hawk wargames

the starter set has the gondolier mini (great to add a Venetian atmosphere), a bunch of card buildings and map times, the rule book,  deck of (spell?) cards, quick reference rules,  unit cards for the starter factions, and, of course the minis

assuming it's all there (I haven't looked in detail), I'm really pleased with it

@Orlando_the_Technicoloured you're the first backer who got tracking details as far as I'm aware. Still waiting on my pledge, I went for the 'All in' level and I expect they may be going out last

14 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Been wondering why mine hasn't arrived yet when I only pledged for 4 or 5 minis.

Turns out I may never have actually gotten around to filling in the pledge manager, I certainly don't have a confirmation e-mail or anything ::(:

I'll give it a couple of weeks and then e-mail them, see which one of us screwed up.

you should be able to check you pledge manager to see if you completed it. I was checking mine last week

• Like 1