Sign in to follow this  
justcallmej

*kickstarter*Infinite Modular Timber Stronghold, Resin and Digital *Funded*

Reconstructed and redesigned in response to your input, Stronghold on the Borderlands has been reimagined as a MASSIVE digital, infinite fort design for 3dprinting. This Design will offer more than SIX TIMES the digital content for the SAME PRICE as our initial launch! Original resin options will also remain with many NEW add-on options. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By paintybeard
      Annie Norman of "Dicebag Lady" fame is running another Kicksarter, but only for 14 days:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1512506318/freyjas-wrath-dark-age-and-fantasy-28mm-shieldmaid?ref=section_games_popular
    • By NomadZeke
      Just launched a tiny bit ago:

The Lock & Pick is pretty intriguing.
    • By Nunae
      If you're playing through or plan on playing through OotA, this post might contain spoilers, so return now. And no, this hag isn't in the book, it's my own thing, so the title is not a spoiler in itself.

I was always fascinated by that archetype of European witches and hags, and the idea of devils and hags making deals with characters that ultimately lead to their downfalls sounds tempting. I do have an idea about what the PCs might want from a coven of hags, and I'm really happy to bring my favorite monsters into play, but I have no idea what the hags might want from the PCs in return. 

Anyway, in OotA there are a bunch of NPCs the PCs meet pretty much in the beginning, when they're all in Drow captivity. My group, being the do-gooders they are, rescued all of them and still have some of them around one year later. One of those NPCs is Prince Derendil, a quaggoth who claims to be an enchanted prince and only talks in old elvish. He has grown quite close to our half-elf wizard, due to her being the only person he could initially talk to. She, being very sure of herself and her magic potential, has the set goal to save him and turn him back into his beautiful elven form before the quaggoth instincts take over and make him into a monster.
      The book itself explain his condition just as some random mage giving a normal quaggoth an elven personality, and resolves it by him going increasingly mad, especially once the party is back above ground and in the sun. I do find this a bit anti climactic, especially since "turning Derendil back" is pretty much on top of their quest list for a year at this point. My plan is to have them find out that hags are responsible for the spell and they have to go to them for aid.

So the hags have a pretty big bargaining chip in their claws, but what do they want for it? One idea I had was making them do a relatively small task in exchange for turning Derendil back into his "original form" (that being a normal quaggoth). This would for sure be very cruel. The opposite would be to tell the group that he is no Elven prince, and if they still want to go through hell to give some quaggoth an Elven body, even though he won't be able to drown them in treasure or make the wizard his princess. 
      Either way, the hags have the opportunity to get something they really want out of this. Something truely, obviously evil like "bring me that child" would not work with my group, and from my understanding hags aren't that on the nose. Any ideas on how to tempt a party into evil stuff would be greatly appreciated.
    • By Jeneki
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heavygearblitz/heavy-gear-blitz-utopia-armed-forces-plastic-minia

New plastic mechs and support bots.
      It looks like this project has a smaller funding goal than the previous attempt.

• By Guildenstern
      Ok so, my aussie friends and us play RPGs via Roll20 every friday and we take turns GMing. After a bit of a hiatus we've come back to my game, which is based in my world I call the Land of Oden. It's essentially high fantasy, low tech (though some exists from the 'previous' world, it's considered anathema) - you've got your typical racial archetypes.

The basic backstory is there are a lot of independent type holdings, and most people belong to a Guild, if they have a trade. Guilds keep the areas safe, caravans going, food grown, and animals, well husbanded. Anyway, so the PCs are all Guild Journeymen off on their Journeyman's quest (a ritual they all have to go through before being considered full time Guild members). By tradition the quest is secret - they can ask for help, but not say "I'm on X quest, help me find Y" kind of thing.

Lots of random quests are easy enough to insert - but here's the thing. I didn't think too far ahead when I decided they were on their Journeyman's quests... and all of them are very different >< I'm having trouble tying them all together =/ I was hoping maybe one of you guys would have some ideas to help out!

Quests:
      Dariac - Dragon-Slayer (kinda defunct ancient order as Dragons no longer exist): find a red herring (deliberately made it so basically it can be anything)
      Althoniel (Healer): has to find a special plant known to flower perhaps only every 11 years (provided random pic)
      Mud - (Hunter): find the White Stag (not necessarily kill, just needs proof)
      Rosen - (Wanderer - essentially woods guide/surveyor type): needs to survey Khurash Dhenfor (an area no one's been in for a generation, give or take)
      Rincwind - (Mage) - survive to the Guild seat, at the top of the Mountain (planning a surprise for this one, once he gets there)
      Heldin/!s͎tchp - (Elf) - not really the same, his background is he was cursed somehow into the shape of a falcon (!s͎tchp) and ended up travelling with Mud as a companion for a long time, until a recent spate of magic in a Necromancer's Lair seemed to give him the ability to shift, at least temporarily back to his Elven form (it's still somewhat involuntary)

So while this can be an ongoing campaign for a while - and there will be a big Baddie slowing them down etc - I need some way to tie these together >< How do I get myself out of this pickle?! I am a little loathe to simply let them all find out everything they're looking for is in the same place... that seems... just wrong. Idk =/

Help? lol
  • Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)