Orlando_the_Technicoloured

Live
Warstages Kickstarter, Terain from Raging Heroes (Last Day, 9 hours left)

30 posts in this topic

Wow, that is a LOT of money for pretty cardboard. 

3 people like this

I didn't even get to price or construction.  I don't have that much use for gothic architecture.  I can imagine some 40k people being all over this.  But, between utility and storage, not to mention cost, construction and poor KS rep...  Passing.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Considering how much they were promoting its affordability, yeah, I was expecting something cheaper. I feel like I could get a comparable amount of MDF or hard plastic terrain for a similar price.

Edited by Dai-Mongar
4 people like this

7 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I'm to cheap to pay that amount of money for some pretty cardboard.

Also, I'm not very impressed by the 'get it now, before it's gone forever' marketing gimmick.<_<

I totally missed that this was printed cardboard. :lol: Yeah.... waaayyyyyy tooooooo expensive. 

2 people like this

Definitely too expensive for printed cardboard.

I still think it'll be late and they'll reformulate the printing somehow 

6 people like this

:lol:

1 person likes this

On 7/15/2017 at 6:57 PM, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

eff22646159373fa148f5844d9831a35_original.jpg?w=680&fit=max&v=1501296133&auto=format&q=92&s=56ea909d1208ddfb7de392df50edb152

This photo kills me. 

Makes me think of sports cars. 

My husband wants to know who are the 32 backers currently in for the $745+ XL model. 

2 people like this

It does seem odd. At that level, you would think they would spend their money on something more substantial than cardboard.

3 people like this

3 hours ago, Talae said:

It does seem odd. At that level, you would think they would spend their money on something more substantial than cardboard.

If they realize it's cardboard.  They aren't being exactly obvious about it and references to plastic products like legos doesn't say cardboard to me.

I'll be passing

5 people like this

Well, it seems pretty (though not my style), somehow video-gamey, and I don't mean that in a bad way. 

And it is doing well enough without anyone here liking it so they apparently found their crowd.

I have to agree though, this seems expensive. Maybe people are willing to pay because it looks kinda unique? 

1 person likes this

And It's the BIGGEST! Some people just have to have the biggest whatever.

3 people like this

Plus there's going to be some folks who are sucked in by the limited factor, and speculators who are looking to resell.

1 person likes this

Absolutely zero interest in this.  Especially at the prices they are asking.

Lost a lot of respect for them as a company after TGG2 and figured they might be trying to turn a different leaf for this campaign. After the big deal they made in the promotional material about how inexpensive this would be and it's wide array of uses... for it to be so overpriced and really single use just shows they haven't learned anything. This KS seems more like they simply want to make the terrain for themselves and are trying to lower costs by offering it on KS.

4 people like this

Down to the last 9 hours

so embrace the artistes, or forever be without a giant cardboard cathedral

unlocks so far

9b8c2a1d5f040082b09dfb9cdbb845eb_original.jpg?w=680&fit=max&v=1501709316&auto=format&q=92&s=5499d2d034e0f7cff55d94abbf94954f

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      About this project
      Welcome to our next Kickstarter project.
      Why this project? We need your help to construct all models ready, this takes a lot of time and is also very costly.
      Why should I support the project? 
      Be the first to receive the files. Some files will be downloadable later in the shop but not all. The packages will be more expensive than here, so save them now and save up to 40%.
      My project shows ships for the different periods /ages. These can be printed on the scales for the different figure sizes from 6 mm to 30 mm (the larger scales could also require larger print areas).
      The models are high quality and highly detailed. You can all models print with ABS or PLA.
      Miniatures and scenery are not inculded.
      There are 7 Pledges:
      Pledge: Longboat:
      Model can printed with our without sail.
      You can place 2 x 2 cannon on it, or you can it use as fisherboat.
      Later regular price in the shop (STL Files): 9,95 € (Save over 50%)  

Details:
      Pledge: Pinnace
      You can place 2 x 4 cannon on it. It Comes in parts for better printing.
      Later regular price in the shop (STL Files): 14,95 € (Save over 50%)  
      Pledge: Sloop
      You can place 2 x 3 cannon on it, or you can it use as fisherboat.
      It Comes in parts for better printing.
      Pledge: Junkboat
      You can place 2 x 3 cannon on it. It Comes in parts for better printing.
      Pledge: greek. Triere / roman galley
      It Comes in parts for better printing. With different round shields.
      Later regular price in the shop (STL Files): 17,95 € (Save over 50%)  
      Pledge: Bark
      You can place minimum 2 x 6 cannon on it.
      It comes with different decks and rooms and in parts for better printing.
      Later regular price in the shop (STL Files): 24,95 € (Save over 50%) 
      Pledge: Full Set
      Full Set this set included all models (over 6 ship models) from all the pledges sets. You get all the files from the pledges and the unlocked stretch goals. Plus 2 exclusiv models: 2 different ships (picture comming soon...). This models are exclusiv in Full Set and on Kickstarter:  
      Later regular price in the shop (STL Files):  not available (only here on Kickstarter) 
      Caution: The details of the models are dependent on the scale and the available nozzle of your print.
      Example Scale factor:
      10mm = 66 %
      15mm = 100 %
      20mm = 133 %
      28mm = 166 %
      The Stretch Goals:
      unlocked stretch goal #1: different Bases for your miniatures
      unlocked stretch goal #2: 3 different cannon or ballista for ships - sketch (model may differ)
      unlocked stretch goal #3: 2 different carts
      unlocked stretch goal #4 goods - Barrel, basket & crates - sketch (model may differ)
      locked stretch goal #5 2 chest with gold and without- sketch (model may differ)
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      HEX is a new kind of dice that merges the best of magic and minimal design to create an all new gaming experience!
      The Ultimate in Minimalist Design
      Each HEX die is machined from two standard 16mm dice blanks. The finished die is placed in an acetone environment to smooth out any ridges or imperfections (note: the prototype is not final and has a visible seam, the real deal will look great, I promise!)
      Features
      21 LED's 16mm Standard Dice Size Ultra-low-power Accelerometer (MMA8491Q) Ultra-low-power Microcontroller (MSP430G2101) 2 LR44 Batteries Leave it to Chance!
      Get skill and psychology out of the way -- there's no way to tell which side is which in HEX mode until the roll is over!
      Two LED Modes
      HEX mode - the die remains blank until the roll has been made, then the result fades into view. Right now I have the opposing side light up too, should that be in the production version?
      Full Color mode - all LEDs activate when the die is shaken and remain on for about 10s after the roll
      LED Color Options
      Based on feedback I am introducing color options! You'll now be able to opt for single color LEDs (all green, all orange, or all red) if you're not too keen on the standard multicolor configuration. You'll be able to choose the desired quantity of each type if you order multiple dice!
      Long lasting performance
      The microcontroller, accelerometer, and battery chemistry were selected for ultra low standby current consumption and will easily last a year of casual gaming and a shelf life of several years. However, avid users may need to replace the batteries every few months due to high LED light use. (Note: the dice may be opened with heat to soften the glue)
      Moving Forward
      Although the current prototype is good, there are some adjustments that I would still like to make before production.
      Keeping the lights in well-defined circles so they don't bleed across the surface of the dice. I plan to accomplish this by using reverse mount LEDs that would shine through holes in the circuit board Optimizing the program logic to ensure glitch-free operation Potentially having the shell of the dice injection molded instead of milled from off-the-shelf dice blanks (this might also allow for a snap fit enclosure for easier battery servicing) Of course, I look forward to incorporating feedback from you all as well!
    • By SamuraiJack
      About this project
       Well... We are back again! With Our 3rd Kickstarter for STL Files! 28mm Sci-fi Buildings and Scenery!
      First up is our main Pledge, For £40 you will receive all of this!
      Stretch Goals!

Missed Our last Kickstarters? 
      For £130 You can get all three Kickstarters!
      28mm Modular Buildings - STL Files - OpenLOCK
       28mm Universal Tile Kickstarter - Modern

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      It's not easy running a team in a violent Fantasy Football league. There's riots when you win, riots when you lose and I'm just talking about the coin-toss. To help you out on match day, we've assembled some of the finest staff in the Old Kingdoms:

Please note that the finished figures will be cast in white metal with trace amounts of lead and as such are not suitable for children. The miniatures will also be supplied unpainted, unless the highest amount is pledged.
      Hopefully this project will be a starting point for a whole new range of accessory figures and maybe even teams but we can't do it without your support. It's a bit soon to start talking about stretch goals but we do have a few ideas up our sleeves that we will hopefully get a chance to present to our wonderful backers!
      Shipping is not included in pledge price, however all postage + packing costs do include insurance for lost parcels.
      All images and figures are the copyright of Northumbrian Painting Services.
  • Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)