Orlando_the_Technicoloured

Warstages Kickstarter, Terain from Raging Heroes (Last Day, 9 hours left)

I didn't even get to price or construction.  I don't have that much use for gothic architecture.  I can imagine some 40k people being all over this.  But, between utility and storage, not to mention cost, construction and poor KS rep...  Passing.

• Like 3

Considering how much they were promoting its affordability, yeah, I was expecting something cheaper. I feel like I could get a comparable amount of MDF or hard plastic terrain for a similar price.

Edited by Dai-Mongar
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I'm to cheap to pay that amount of money for some pretty cardboard.

Also, I'm not very impressed by the 'get it now, before it's gone forever' marketing gimmick.<_<

I totally missed that this was printed cardboard. :lol: Yeah.... waaayyyyyy tooooooo expensive. 

• Like 2

On 7/15/2017 at 6:57 PM, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

eff22646159373fa148f5844d9831a35_original.jpg?w=680&fit=max&v=1501296133&auto=format&q=92&s=56ea909d1208ddfb7de392df50edb152

This photo kills me. 

Makes me think of sports cars. 

My husband wants to know who are the 32 backers currently in for the $745+ XL model. 

• Like 2

It does seem odd. At that level, you would think they would spend their money on something more substantial than cardboard.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Talae said:

It does seem odd. At that level, you would think they would spend their money on something more substantial than cardboard.

If they realize it's cardboard.  They aren't being exactly obvious about it and references to plastic products like legos doesn't say cardboard to me.

I'll be passing

• Like 5

Well, it seems pretty (though not my style), somehow video-gamey, and I don't mean that in a bad way. 

And it is doing well enough without anyone here liking it so they apparently found their crowd.

I have to agree though, this seems expensive. Maybe people are willing to pay because it looks kinda unique? 

• Like 1

Plus there's going to be some folks who are sucked in by the limited factor, and speculators who are looking to resell.

• Like 1

Lost a lot of respect for them as a company after TGG2 and figured they might be trying to turn a different leaf for this campaign. After the big deal they made in the promotional material about how inexpensive this would be and it's wide array of uses... for it to be so overpriced and really single use just shows they haven't learned anything. This KS seems more like they simply want to make the terrain for themselves and are trying to lower costs by offering it on KS.

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rdubois

We just launched our Heavy Gear Blitz Utopia Armed Forces Plastic Miniatures Kickstarter at 7:02 pm EST today (January 17th, 2018). The Kickstarter campaigns initial goal is to raise $30,000 CAD (about 23K USD) needed to make the plastic injection mold for the new plastic miniatures and backer rewards. The campaign will run for 17 days ending on Saturday evening at 7:02 pm EST (February 3rd, 2018). We need everyone's support to make these new plastic miniatures for the Utopia faction a reality and if you can share news of the Kickstarter with friends and the online community it would be a great help.

We have a great Captain Reward Level at $70 CAD (about $53.85 USD) that includes a Utopia Patch and 3 squads (Strike, Recce, and Support) with a total of 18 plastic miniatures. Stretch Goals, once unlocked, will increase the total to 36 plastic miniatures. Plus higher reward levels add the new MAR-DK drone (resin model) and the large Gilgamesh Command Tank (resin model); see below for artwork and details. Treat yourself to a New Army for the New Year, by clicking on the image above or the link below!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/…/heavy-gear-blitz-utopia-armed…

• By SamuraiJack

About
      Welcome to the world of Nemesis! This new board game, designed by Adam Kwapiński, is the result of a collaboration between Awaken Realms (creators of This War of Mine: TBG, The Edge: Dawnfall and Lords of Hellas) and Rebel (creators of Drako, Dream Home and K2) .It's a 1-5 players semi-cooperative Sci-Fi horror where you and your friends try to survive while attempting to fulfill your secret objectives that may sometimes collide. It will also enable full co-op as well as solo play experience. 
      Nemesis offers one-of-a-kind gameplay, that you currently won't find anywhere else in the board game world. It has been in professional development for over three years, so it already plays very well, provides good balance and contains a multitude of interesting mechanics, as proven by the prototype reviews below. 

If you like Sci-Fi survival settings and ships swarming with alien life forms, you will love it - and if that genre was never on your radar, this game is likely to change your mind! 

*We will be lagging a little bit with the Stretch Goals presentation due to too high funding speed! 

*Out of all reviews / movies two were paid: Cardboard Rhino (rules presentation / tutorial how to play that took a lot of time to make!) and Man vs Meeple (which is a preview showing the game in detail). All other videos were not paid. 
    • By NecroMancer
      Live: 

A CMON Kisckstarter exclusive!

• By MojoBob

I'm trying out another river segment, built in pretty much the same way as my first one, but this time I'm using a a material that is new to me, SculptaMold from Amaco. I saw it used on Luke's APS on Youtube and liked the look of it, so I popped down and bought a bag from Gordon Harris art supplies. It cost me about twenty-two bucks for about 1.3 kg, which should be enough to do a reasonable amount of terrain. It would probably get a bit pricey if you wanted to build a whole table, but for my purposes it's OK.

It's a plaster and paper (?) fibre mix; I don't know if there's anything else in there. Depending on the amount of water you use it can be mixed to a cottage cheese-like paste, as I've used it here, or to a more liquid slurry that can be cast in rubber moulds. It sets up more slowly than plain plaster; by the time I'd finished laying out the river banks and setting in all the gravel, it was still quite workable, so I slapped together a little rocky outcrop on a plastic cutting board, using some bits of pine bark and the left-over goop from the river banks. I wasn't really keeping track of time, but I'd guess that you probably have 15 to 20 minutes of working time, which is plenty for most things.

When it's wet, it retains a quite knobbly cottage cheese texture, which is fine if it's going to be under flock and stuff. If you want a smoother finish though, just leave it for about another ten minutes or quarter of an hour to stiffen up a bit, and then it can be smoothed with wet fingers or modelling tools, or just with a wet soft brush.

It's early days yet, but at first acquaintance I think I'm going to like it.
    • By Smokestack
      About
      A lone light is on over the table. The players are getting their drinks, snacks, and dice ready as the GM rifles through her notes once more. Last week's map has been rolled out. Michael grabs his phone to look at the picture he took and the end of the last session so you can all get your miniatures in the right spot. Except this time is different. This time you have a new miniature, one that actually represents your character's race. As your compatriots drag out their pre-colored, plastic humans and elves you smile. Pulling out the half-orc you've been using to represent your Netherstorm character, you  flick it across the room. In the same fluid motion, you set your new miniature down on the table. A four-armed, metal monster. He has been cast. You have painted him. And now, he is ready for blood. The room goes silent with awe.
      When we created Netherstorm, we wanted to really show people who we are and how we game. Part of that was coming up with our own, non-standard player races. It was a lot of fun creating, and later playing, characters that weren't the same old elf, dwarf, or half-whatever, however there was a downside. No minis! Maybe you're the GM who likes a good, meticulously drawn map.  Maybe you're a player who enjoys finding the perfect likeness of their character, painting it exactly so, and showing it off on the hexagonal battlefield. The bottom line is, miniatures are awesome. But when you have a unique race, miniatures that encapsulate your character are thin on the ground. Finally, we are making our own minis for use with Netherstorm, as well as other systems. We are starting with our four-armed warrior race, the Kentrona. These desert-born brutes boast many great traits, whether as an impressive PC, an NPC, or a monster for the second greatest role-playing game and other

and from the comments by the creator:

"I can tell you that prompting from others prompted us to commission art for a second miniature, a female Kentrona soldier. We should have it early next week.
      I will update as changes are made, and rest assured, we will be making some changes very soon. (Including removing all additional shipping charges.)
      In the meantime, Netherstorm is available on Drive-thru RPG."

• Who's Online   13 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)