Kuro Cleanbrush

Pyrrha (Excelsy 54 mm by Ares Mythologic/Draconia)

19 posts in this topic

Awesome!! You've outdone yourself again!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Absolutely stunning. I cannot stop looking at it.

Edited by SGHawkins09
1 person likes this

The red armor is awesome!

1 person likes this

Outstanding! I like the helmet red reflection on the chainmail and the sharp transition of colors on the armor.

I think the white highlights on the cape makes it looks like velvet, it's really beautiful.

1 person likes this

She looks really nice.  Are you taking comments?

1 person likes this

Thanks a bunch, everyone!  You all are the best! ::):

1 hour ago, Auberon said:

She looks really nice.  Are you taking comments?

Thanks, and comments are certainly accepted, though I pretty much never go back and revisit a mini; I just try to learn more for next time!

1 person likes this

nice job, i really like the armor

1 person likes this

Excellent highlights!!!

The muddy cloack is awesome!

Stunning work again!!!

1 person likes this

Lovely, puts mine to shame :lol:.

1 person likes this

She's really something beautiful, from that amazing glossy red armor effect to the grime on her cloak and boots.

I do have a comment, if I may, something I've been noticing on a number of painted faces, not just yours.

You painted this figure's cheeks with a smooth gradient so that there is a highlight, quite pale, directly under her eyes.  But nearly every face I've looked at in real life (that isn't photo-retouched or wearing make up, I mean) has at least a little shadow immediately under the eyes, sometimes just the faintest smudge.  It's the shadow of the under-eyelid, which usually curves in as it hugs the lower surface of the eyeball as it is set into the socket.  It's a bit of a reverse of the way the upper lid is light even if the eye socket above is deep and overall dark.  The light doesn't really seem to hit the face until below the eye socket in the skull, where the cheek begins to swell out.

It's a trivial criticism, I know.  It's only that I had seen it before and been bothered by it, and this figure is so beautifully and carefully done.

3 people like this

Thanks again, everyone! ::):

On 7/16/2017 at 8:26 AM, Pingo said:

She's really something beautiful, from that amazing glossy red armor effect to the grime on her cloak and boots.

I do have a comment, if I may, something I've been noticing on a number of painted faces, not just yours.

You painted this figure's cheeks with a smooth gradient so that there is a highlight, quite pale, directly under her eyes.  But nearly every face I've looked at in real life (that isn't photo-retouched or wearing make up, I mean) has at least a little shadow immediately under the eyes, sometimes just the faintest smudge.  It's the shadow of the under-eyelid, which usually curves in as it hugs the lower surface of the eyeball as it is set into the socket.  It's a bit of a reverse of the way the upper lid is light even if the eye socket above is deep and overall dark.  The light doesn't really seem to hit the face until below the eye socket in the skull, where the cheek begins to swell out.

It's a trivial criticism, I know.  It's only that I had seen it before and been bothered by it, and this figure is so beautifully and carefully done.

Thanks!  You raise a good point concerning the facial highlighting.  My cop-out response would be "makeup" :;): , but that still would probably not completely prevent a slight shadow under the eye.  However, I feel that placing such a shadow in there without making her eyes appear sunken would be challenging indeed...

4 people like this

You painted something dirty.  So proud of you.  Sniff....

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I also really love the red armor. It is so darn distinctive! 

The face is lovely, rather like a porcelain doll. Pingo mentioned a wee bit of dark, and that might make her more "real" but as is she is still gorgeous. 

Edit: size in title. Derp derp. Phone reading limits space. 

Edited by Cyradis
3 people like this

3 hours ago, skippen said:

You painted something dirty.  So proud of you.  Sniff....

:lol:  I don't know what came over me!

3 people like this