TheOldGuard

01602 - Reaper Miniatures 25th Anniversary, Tara The Silent

She is a GORGEOUS creation...a BEAUTIFULLY expressive face is the highlight of some deft brushwork. Your color choices are WONDERFULVERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

Awe... again that coppery bronze color is amazing. It fits perfectly over the dark leather.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, ttuckerman said:

Very good.  I like how you did the leather.

Thank you, I'm very pleased with it too!

4 hours ago, malefactus said:

She is a GORGEOUS creation...a BEAUTIFULLY expressive face is the highlight of some deft brushwork. Your color choices are WONDERFULVERY WELL DONE!

Thank you! I'm trying to give my all on these 25th Anniversary minis.

I really like your color scheme on her. She turned out wonderfully. Seems like you had better luck than I did on her face (mine is still WIP); you got hers very smooth. The eyes on mine are alright but not as smooth as yours. Tough to do with the cloak clogging up the area! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I really like your color scheme on her. She turned out wonderfully. Seems like you had better luck than I did on her face (mine is still WIP); you got hers very smooth. The eyes on mine are alright but not as smooth as yours. Tough to do with the cloak clogging up the area! 

Thanks!

I'm not going to lie, painting her face was very tricky because of the hood. I painted the inside of the hood and lined the edge of the face in black so that I didn't have to poke too far in there with my brush.

4 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Very cool, great job!!

Thanks!

• Like 2

That coppery color goes with the green oh so well. I fyou don't mind sharing, what material did you put on the base for the dirt/stone?

• Like 1

Excellent you have superb control and color selection the leather is indeed amazing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheOldGuard said:

Thanks!

I'm not going to lie, painting her face was very tricky because of the hood. I painted the inside of the hood and lined the edge of the face in black so that I didn't have to poke too far in there with my brush.

Thanks!

The effect really works though. Looks completely intentional.

• Like 1

That's pretty awesome! How did you do the leather? I have this mini but haven't taken a shot at painting her yet

• Like 1

Very nice!  Your color selection and execution are perfect.  Great work.

The Egg

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      So I started a little project in which I have five or six figures, old Grenadiers, that I painted when I was a teenager in the eighties.  I found new copies of them and have started doing comparative paint jobs, ones from the eighties and my new job from 2017.  I did my first one, Frito the thief:  

and now I'm doing one for a Grenadier thief mage, which I think came in one of their old Grenadier paint kits.

So here is the version from this century:

to compare him against my original version, painted somewhere between 1980-1986:

and then here they are together:

In this particular figure I tried to use mostly the same color scheme, with a few exceptions.  I changed the color of the flame and tried to create a "vial" hanging on his belt, which I don't know how well it worked, but it's kind of my first attempt at liquids and bottles.  With his dart bandolier on his bicep, I gave that a bit of color too.  

Anyhow, enjoy, I'll have another one done tomorrow, and a few more in the wings, a monk, cleric, and a wererat at the very least...
    • By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

Just finished another Reaper 25th Anniversary mini, this time Eli Quicknight.

I went with a dark gritty theme overall but with a flash of colour on his cloak. I used Reaper Master Series Triad 09701: Blood Colors for this - really happy with how they went on & the overall finish.

Thanks for looking!
      (4 Down, 8 to go!)

• By Kuche
      Finally got time to finish this guy, hope yiu guys like it, and sorry for the delay 

• By 72moonglum
      So I was feeling a bit nostalgic, alongside of the affection I already hold for old school miniatures, so I've decided to begin "repainting" some old figures I'd done way back when, I'm going to say in 1983 or before/after. I graduated high school in 1986 and after that totally forgot about miniatures until maybe around 2004.

Anyhow, I've repainted Frito the Thief, a Grenadier model I had when I was young.  With the new version, I did have to resculpt the nose because it was flattened by time.  My other issue was whether I wanted to keep the same color scheme or do something different.  Ultimately I stayed very similiarly with the clothing color scheme, but ended up changing the skin tone and hair color.  I kept an orange turban, but ended up muting the color a tad.  So here's the modern version:

and now the original version, painted sometime in the eighties:

and then a few side by side comparisons:

So what do you think, any progress over the last thirty- odd years? I've got a bunch of these that  I think I'm going to do as time permits.  They really are some very fun miniatures to paint.  The proportions aren't perfect, but they really do have lots of personality!
    • By 72moonglum
      So I'm thinking I'm going to be repainting this old figure that I have another copy and here is my question. Should I repaint with the original paint scheme or should I do something totally different? No wrong or right answer, just looking for opinions. 

• Who's Online   21 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)