TheOldGuard

01602 - Reaper Miniatures 25th Anniversary, Tara The Silent

19 posts in this topic

Awe... again that coppery bronze color is amazing. It fits perfectly over the dark leather.

2 people like this

Very good.  I like how you did the leather.

1 person likes this

She is a GORGEOUS creation...a BEAUTIFULLY expressive face is the highlight of some deft brushwork. Your color choices are WONDERFULVERY WELL DONE!

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

Awe... again that coppery bronze color is amazing. It fits perfectly over the dark leather.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, ttuckerman said:

Very good.  I like how you did the leather.

Thank you, I'm very pleased with it too!

4 hours ago, malefactus said:

She is a GORGEOUS creation...a BEAUTIFULLY expressive face is the highlight of some deft brushwork. Your color choices are WONDERFULVERY WELL DONE!

Thank you! I'm trying to give my all on these 25th Anniversary minis.

I really like your color scheme on her. She turned out wonderfully. Seems like you had better luck than I did on her face (mine is still WIP); you got hers very smooth. The eyes on mine are alright but not as smooth as yours. Tough to do with the cloak clogging up the area! 

1 person likes this

Very cool, great job!!

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I really like your color scheme on her. She turned out wonderfully. Seems like you had better luck than I did on her face (mine is still WIP); you got hers very smooth. The eyes on mine are alright but not as smooth as yours. Tough to do with the cloak clogging up the area! 

Thanks!

I'm not going to lie, painting her face was very tricky because of the hood. I painted the inside of the hood and lined the edge of the face in black so that I didn't have to poke too far in there with my brush.

4 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Very cool, great job!!

Thanks!

2 people like this

burns.jpg

3 people like this

That coppery color goes with the green oh so well. I fyou don't mind sharing, what material did you put on the base for the dirt/stone?

1 person likes this

nice job, i like your choice of colors

1 person likes this

Excellent you have superb control and color selection the leather is indeed amazing.

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, TheOldGuard said:

Thanks!

I'm not going to lie, painting her face was very tricky because of the hood. I painted the inside of the hood and lined the edge of the face in black so that I didn't have to poke too far in there with my brush.

Thanks!

The effect really works though. Looks completely intentional.

1 person likes this

That's pretty awesome! How did you do the leather? I have this mini but haven't taken a shot at painting her yet

1 person likes this

Very nice!  Your color selection and execution are perfect.  Great work.

The Egg

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now