TheAuldGrump

Webcomics - Because....

50 posts in this topic

I accidentally introduced Megan to Pawn by Frederik K. T. Andersson.... the person that used to run Elfwood. (I introduced her to Elfwood on purpose.)

Lots of nudity - and I mean lots. One of the two main characters is stark nekkid throughout the comic - but given that she is a demon... maybe not so surprising.

In spite of that, the comic, with a few exceptions, is actually not all that raunchy - just lots of nudity.

What do you do if you are a demon, summoned to protect a vast treasure dungeon, that discovers that the kingdom that had the vast treasure... spent it, so they could build the dungeon, and summon you to guard the place where that treasure used to be?

The Auld Grump

2 people like this

I remember that one...  Seems it stopped updating in 2013. 

I'm currently re-reading GPF, and Funny Farm may just be on the list afterwards.

Maybe even Newshounds?

(I really preferred the first version, though)

Anyone remember the Y2K scare?

http://www.geekculture.com/geekycomics/Aftery2k/y2Karchives/fatnogood.html

I even got the AfterY2K T-shirt somewhere...

1 person likes this

Just wanted to say, "Damn you all!" To all the people who mentioned Girl Genius. You've managed to kill all of my free time for the last week  and even interfered with me getting to work on time. Might've ruined my eyes too if they were any good to start with. Now it's on my list to keep checking for updates. Finally caught up and can go paint some minis.

7 people like this

53 minutes ago, Zink said:

Just wanted to say, "Damn you all!" To all the people who mentioned Girl Genius. You've managed to kill all of my free time for the last week  and even interfered with me getting to work on time. Might've ruined my eyes too if they were any good to start with. Now it's on my list to keep checking for updates. Finally caught up and can go paint some minis.

Our work here is done.  ::D:

2 people like this

4 hours ago, Zink said:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

... and probably going to be another kickstarter for the next book ... Soon (TM).

2 people like this

The do books too for when you don't want to look at the pictures but still want the story.......

Don't want to look at...  

Heretic!

That's like reading Gold Digger for the Archeology tips...

One of my recent favorites has been O Human Star; it's LGBT-friendly, set in the near future, and explores interactions between robots, people, and technology. Two issues already in print and the third is going up a page a week.

I'd also strongly second the recommendations of Erfworld (note that it draws heavily on references to the last several decades of pop culture; I've found I'm young enough that I miss some of them), Star Power (meeting of classic comics with a great sci-fi storyline), and Questionable Content.

2 people like this

If there is any one comic that I can look at and go 'yeah... that's us....' it is Weregeek

Fun comic on politics and other matters - from a Nordic PoV - Scandanavia and the World, where each country is represented by two anthropomorphic personifications - male and female. (Warning - some nudity, mostly in earlier strips, mostly involving Sister Sweden.)

Hanna is Not a Boy's Name... *SIGH* The comic just sort of... stopped. And then the site went away. But, fortunately, somebody saved it, and put it on Tumblr. All of the characters have stories, and we never will get to hear them all. ::(: *EDIT* Warning - possibly the cutest werewolf ever created....

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump

Another finished comic - A Miracle of Science - because romance and mad science go together like peanut butter and jelly. (Finished - not just ended.)

Casey & Andy... I would say, don't get too attached to the characters, they die in the first strip... but, well they get better. (And get killed I don't know how many times over the course of the comic.) One of the few webcomics to get its own GURPS supplement.

Andy Weir no longer does webcomics - and given that his first novel was turned into a successful motion picture directed by Ridley Scott... I don't think it likely that he will get back into webcomics.

A Girl and her Fed - about a young woman, the cyborg Federal agent sent to keep surveillance on her, and the ghost of Benjamin Franklin[/url]... (See the above mentioned romance and mad science.)

The author also has several novels set in the same universe.

*EDIT*

1-66.jpg

1-67.jpg

This isn't the Fed - this is the girl.

Abby's Agency - because even espionage agencies need office support... (Been just over a year since the last update. ::(: )

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump

On 11-9-2017 at 11:40 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

Another finished comic - A Miracle of Science - because romance and mad science go together like peanut butter and jelly. (Finished - not just ended.)

Casey & Andy... I would say, don't get too attached to the characters, they die in the first strip... but, well they get better. (And get killed I don't know how many times over the course of the comic.) One of the few webcomics to get its own GURPS supplement.

Andy Weir no longer does webcomics - and given that his first novel was turned into a successful motion picture directed by Ridley Scott... I don't think it likely that he will get back into webcomics.

A Girl and her Fed - about a young woman, the cyborg Federal agent sent to keep surveillance on her, and the ghost of Benjamin Franklin[/url]... (See the above mentioned romance and mad science.)

The author also has several novels set in the same universe.

Abby's Agency - because even espionage agencies need office support... (Been just over a year since the last update. ::(: )

The Auld Grump

Ok, I have been reading Casey and Andy ...Awesome!!!

One that came to my mind recently is gone-gone - one of the Girlamatic comics....

Five Star - a webcomic about a gnome that wants to be a paladin, and do good deeds... had an arc where our heroes go off to rescue a princess in distress... only to find that the damsel isn't in distress, the villain isn't a villain, and 'hey, didn't you guys get my note?'....

It had a tie in with another Girlamatic comic - Compass....

Gods, I miss Girlamatic....

The Auld Grump

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

One that came to my mind recently is gone-gone - one of the Girlamatic comics....

Five Star - a webcomic about a gnome that wants to be a paladin, and do good deeds... had an arc where our heroes go off to rescue a princess in distress... only to find that the damsel isn't in distress, the villain isn't a villain, and 'hey, didn't you guys get my note?'....

It had a tie in with another Girlamatic comic - Compass....

Gods, I miss Girlamatic....

The Auld Grump

There is a book with this exact premise called NPCs by Drew Hayes. It is a good read/listen. Wonder if they are the same work?

J--

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, jsalyers said:

There is a book with this exact premise called NPCs by Drew Hayes. It is a good read/listen. Wonder if they are the same work?

J--

Nope - Five Star was written by Laura Wilson - starting when she was in High School, I think. (The name comes from the name of the notebooks she was drawing them in... Five Star from Meade.)

No longer updating regularly (about once a year, these days) is Stupidity in Magic by Willow Taylor - AKA Willow Wanderer.

Witches are people.

People are sometimes stupid.

Why would witches be any different?

00013331.jpg

Willow is a very nice person - I seek her out, now and again, and annoy her. ::): (She realized I was falling in love with Megan before I did, I think.)

The Auld Grump - I think that there were rocks that realized that I was falling in love with Megan before I did....