TheAuldGrump

Webcomics - Because....

On 1/10/2018 at 7:19 PM, PaganMegan said:

20180110.png

Jon has a similar story to tell about Great North Eastern War. ::):

An event where the cops EXPECT to see traffic accidents involving people in full suits of armor. ::P:

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 2

I used to follow a lot of webcomics, but after a while they either died off (Mac Hall), were abandonned (most of the ones I followed), or changed their storylines completely and it drove me nuts (CTRL ALT DELETE, I'm looking at you).  As for my current ones....

Code Name Hunter: Superstition and mythos meets WW2 UK?  Seemed like a neat premise.  Darc's bringing this one back sometime this month.

The Whiteboard: Already mentioned by others, but I regularly follow it, even though Doc has pulled some rather annoying all caps check out our Patreon page things the past few months

VGCats: Updates sporadically, whenever artist has the mood for it.  Video game based humour mainly.  Most infamous comic strip is probably the whole ratflail gag

XKCD: Plenty of geek humour like others have mentioned ^_^

Housepets: Cute, with some interesting story arcs

Dark Legacy Comics: As an ex-WoW player, this is a comic I still read a lot because it's cute, funny, and usually riiight on point with things too.

TwoKinds:  Previously mentioned, but it's been a fun read, even if pacing can be somewhat slow at times due to one page a week

EDIT: And Dork Tower.  So many neat lil strips in that comic. (end edit)

Edited by WhiteWulfe

8 hours ago, alchemist said:

This one amused me:

DorkTower1421.jpg

I am training a nine year old girl to think that way. (As a DM, not as a player....) :devil:

The Auld Grump - actually, she picked up on that one all by her lonesome... asking if I ever put in an encounter, just because I have the miniature.... ::D: (I am proud as all get out of that girl. She has all the makings of a really good evil GM.)

Which reminds me, I really need to finish painting Kahnjira.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

i-m-batman.png

I guess Leather Flap is the old Swedish term for a bat?

And The Tick has already used Flying Mouse Man for Batman.

Brother Denmark looks adorable as Wonder Woman!

• Haha 3

I laughed at that one too. My oldest was beside me when I was reading it and he though it was cute. I told him in Russia uses flying mouse man too.

Been reading Carry On off and on today. Some of those made me laugh out loud especially Anthrocon.

• Like 1

In Norway Batman was known as 'Lynvingen'

(Lyn = Lightning, vingen = wing or the wing, so 'Lightning wing' )

Not certain why. I just assume that Flaggermusmannen (Flaggermus = Bat, mannen = man or the man) was a bit too long and awkward.

@ zink , it's spelled ARTHRO, not ANTHRO...  bug difference... 

And yeah, Hyenas are created a bit more... equal...  or so it seems...  

• Like 2

I saw a show years ago on hyena reproduction so I got the joke. I was baby sitting a fussy girl that had finally fallen asleep when I read that scene. Nearly ruined a half hour's worked getting he to nap. ::D:

• Like 1