TheAuldGrump

Webcomics - Because....

I'm a bit behind on reading webcomics, but a few others that haven't been mentioned (that I noticed at least):

Sinfest - starts off with a parody of Peanuts' "The doctor is in" stall as "The devil is in"...

DM of the Rings - an oldie and I think it ended completely. If Lord of the Rings were actually happening as a tabletop RPG...

Darths and Droids - Similar to DM of the Rings, but with Star Wars...

Irregular Webcomic - no longer being updated, but was created with Lego or miniatures being posed and speech bubbles added...

Misfile - has been described as an American manga. Main characters are a boy who was turned into a girl and another girl who had two years of her life removed due to a filing error in heaven's filing department.

• Like 1

Entertaining story line has begun in Sidekick girl - Heroes, Sidekicks... Pathfinder.

2018-03-07.jpg

(Megan tells me that I can have a virtual graveyard like that if I ever get a chance to run Rappan Athuck.)

With a self insert by the cartoonist of her and her gaming group.

The Auld Grump - not the first time this has happened - a previous plotline included her DM as a super villain. ::P:

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 1

Let's set the Wayback Machine to 1998, Sherman, and go visit Bruno the Bandit.

19980720a.gif

Likewise, an older comic of larcenous intent is Rogues of Clwd-Rhan by Reinder Dijkhuis  (originally in Dutch, and was translated ca. 2000 or so.)

GKBcover-gmb-voorplaat-35b203.jpg

Be warned, the comic has a fair amount of nudity - of the 'I'm Dutch, and don't much care' variety - some of the nekkid people are folks you might very much prefer to keep their clothes on. (Naked middle aged guy nudity....)

The Auld Grump - suffering from my typical Friday night caffeine induced insomnia....

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Let's set the Wayback Machine to 1998, Sherman, and go visit Bruno the Bandit.

19980720a.gif

The Auld Grump - suffering from my typical Friday night caffeine induced insomnia....

I don't say this often, but I personally know the author Ian McDonald. We've been in the same board game club for the past three years in St.John's Newfoundland.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2018 at 11:10 AM, TheAuldGrump said:

Entertaining story line has begun in Sidekick girl - Heroes, Sidekicks... Pathfinder.

2018-03-07.jpg

(Megan tells me that I can have a virtual graveyard like that if I ever get a chance to run Rappan Athuck.)

With a self insert by the cartoonist of her and her gaming group.

The Auld Grump - not the first time this has happened - a previous plotline included her DM as a super villain. ::P:

No, I told you I want you to have a graveyard like that when you run Rappan Athuck!

And no being nice about it! The Dungeon of Graves is supposed to be deadly!

Add epitaphs to the stones, commemorating how each character died.

21 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

I don't say this often, but I personally know the author Ian McDonald. We've been in the same board game club for the past three years in St.John's Newfoundland.

I had never even hear of Bruno before this.

It reminds me of Finieous Fingers, from Mum's old magazines.

Woo! Finieous! https://janscarton.com/boltlobbers/FinieousFingers.pdf

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

No, I told you I want you to have a graveyard like that when you run Rappan Athuck!

And no being nice about it! The Dungeon of Graves is supposed to be deadly!

Add epitaphs to the stones, commemorating how each character died.

I had never even hear of Bruno before this.

It reminds me of Finieous Fingers, from Mum's old magazines.

Woo! Finieous! https://janscarton.com/boltlobbers/FinieousFingers.pdf

Awesome find! I haven't read those strips since, well, since the magazines they were in, I think.

The Auld Grump - I used to have the Ring of Bored Flak. ::):

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Okay, this is a treat: THANK YOU for the link to Rogues Of Clwd-Rhan! I discovered this strip back around the time fire was first invented, and after my original computer collapsed into a black hole, way back when, I couldn't remember what it was CALLED! 

And I haven't seen Fineous Fingers in a LONG time...

• Like 1

On 4/8/2018 at 9:53 PM, Dr.Bedlam said:

Okay, this is a treat: THANK YOU for the link to Rogues Of Clwd-Rhan! I discovered this strip back around the time fire was first invented, and after my original computer collapsed into a black hole, way back when, I couldn't remember what it was CALLED! 

And I haven't seen Fineous Fingers in a LONG time...

Here - have some Wormy.

The Auld Grump

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It may take some digging, but Fredrik Andersson's Tails of the Bard....

02ZaEb0.jpg

For the record, the Bard isn't the sharpest crayon in the box....

The Auld Grump

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3