Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
By Lidless Eye
A raiding of Rad Wasters and a gobbledegook of Goblins.
All are converted from "The Hobbit: Escape from Goblin Town". I can see these filling a large number of roles; Goblins, Mutants, Poxwalkers, Ghouls, or more!
Except for the Overseer and Goblin boss, all minis have been converted. Even the fantasy/feudal 40k gobbo-mutants have had weapon swaps at the least; I don't care for doubles and had already painted their base sculpt back in the summer:
First, we have the Rad Wasters!
I forgot to take a shot of the last one with the others. I guess he managed to sneak into the Goblin cave!
Okay so I dug around in the drawer and pulled out six unpainted bones that I got in my batch that I bought.
I gave them all a thorough scrub with a brush and warm soapy water and a toothbrush. The ogre needed straightening up so I poured hot water over to readjust and then under cold to set.
I attached all six using superglue to fender washer bases. I got this tip on you tube and have been sticking to it since I started this process. They are running out so I will look for an alternative afterwards. But these are good and solid and make a good base.
So now I have to decide which figure to work on....
I have not primed any and up until now I have primed using "151" matt black spray paint. I did not know exactly what to use so I tried this when I began.
I did pick up slightly after the photo and start to apply some blue to the Anhurian soldier using the same blue I mixed for a figure I was painting late last night. But without primer it did not seem to want to settle very well.
The two figures I have seen painted are by Doctor Faust ; the hell hound and the ogre.
Any comments/suggestions or generally helpful advice is gratefully welcomed.
Finished this up late last night. Probably my favorite fig I've painted to date. There are a ton of little details all over, but since the fig is bigger than average, it was pretty easy to paint. I went with a green skin tone because my next planned adventure features a large mutant orc, so this fig worked perfectly for the brute. Critiques and advice are always welcome! Thank you!
This is my first WIP, so please bear with me on this.
I tried to do the base coat in the style of the brown liner trick only using sepia liner instead as I don't have brown liner. However, I wasn't thinking and ended up using sepia wash...several layers of it. After a V8 moment, I then realized that the instructions were for liner not wash. A coat of sepia liner is shown below.
Who's Online 16 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)