Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Haven't been able to get my lights out, I want to do some close up of some of these guys but here is their group shots. If/when I do, I'll update this thread :)
I did want to do a bit more detail on them but honestly I'm suffering from can't see syndrome so I left it for now. Maybe when my eyes improve I can get some more done on them.
Been a while sense I painted anything. So I did a quick paint of my 2nd favorite low lvl monster, Goblins for a 24h paint-athon. This three took about 6h from start to finish, don't know if I got a bad run or as these were some of the first Bones molds, the mold is a little warn but these guys looked a little thinner with less detail then other versions I've seen of this sculpt. Still all in all think they turned out ok and were good practice
Here is a painted Ogre Guard done mainly in washes and glazes of Liquitex inks. I really liked this sculpt and Bobby gave the model some real character. The Bones model was also really solid. There was a strange bit of miscast on the skull on the front of his belt so I made it into a jelly bowl for some squashed hobbit jelly.
By Lidless Eye
A raiding of Rad Wasters and a gobbledegook of Goblins.
All are converted from "The Hobbit: Escape from Goblin Town". I can see these filling a large number of roles; Goblins, Mutants, Poxwalkers, Ghouls, or more!
Except for the Overseer and Goblin boss, all minis have been converted. Even the fantasy/feudal 40k gobbo-mutants have had weapon swaps at the least; I don't care for doubles and had already painted their base sculpt back in the summer:
First, we have the Rad Wasters!
I forgot to take a shot of the last one with the others. I guess he managed to sneak into the Goblin cave!
Okay so I dug around in the drawer and pulled out six unpainted bones that I got in my batch that I bought.
I gave them all a thorough scrub with a brush and warm soapy water and a toothbrush. The ogre needed straightening up so I poured hot water over to readjust and then under cold to set.
I attached all six using superglue to fender washer bases. I got this tip on you tube and have been sticking to it since I started this process. They are running out so I will look for an alternative afterwards. But these are good and solid and make a good base.
So now I have to decide which figure to work on....
I have not primed any and up until now I have primed using "151" matt black spray paint. I did not know exactly what to use so I tried this when I began.
I did pick up slightly after the photo and start to apply some blue to the Anhurian soldier using the same blue I mixed for a figure I was painting late last night. But without primer it did not seem to want to settle very well.
The two figures I have seen painted are by Doctor Faust ; the hell hound and the ogre.
Any comments/suggestions or generally helpful advice is gratefully welcomed.
Who's Online 49 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Cranky Dog
- Geoff Davis
- Froggy the Great
- Mr Melons
- Paradoxical Mouse
- Pezler the Polychromatic
- Darsc Zacal