Thrym

Band of Meddling Heroes - Steampunk Oz - Daughter's Birthday Present 2017 - A Thrym WIP #0Z18

I bought the Steampunk Wizard of Oz set for my daughter out of the Bones 3 KS.

Naturally, I am doing it last minute for her birthday Tuesday, the 18th.

So, here's the plan:

A.

Assemble them all on unfinished but sealed silver maple wood cuts using usual building materials.

B.

Basecoat them with simple but muted colors.

C.

Apply Sepia Wash and paint as needed to simulate a "colorized movie" look.

Here's what we got so far:

596c41f0bd0f9_DorothyandWickedWitch.jpg.c6fdc08f004581bc4a7b9643fe466905.jpg

Dorothy and Toto on a Compass Rose beginning their adventure.  The witch commanding her monkey.

596c41f04574a_DorothyandToto.jpg.bfcec8fc510ea0b08e9cd87819d13d35.jpg

Dorothy glued in and brick road applied.

Lion.jpg.7d39285ab92322d17f5a6e1b0fd25102.jpg

Lion and brick road applied.

Enjoy and stay tuned.  More to come.

• Like 15

I was fortunate to get this set off ebay last week for a decent price (hopefully if someone takes my offer, I'll have the whole core set and another set of the wizard of Oz). Love how you are setting them up so far, your daughter should be very happy with them.

• Like 1

Tinman.thumb.jpg.3b21c6e6990576077eaf3aaf7b453fbe.jpg

Tinman construct added to his base.

That just leaves his buddy, Scarecrow and Glinda (played by Dita, the Steampunk Witch).

Enjoy and Stay tuned!

• Like 10

Trimmed bases off Scarecrow and Glinda and added them to their bases.

596d3ad8cc344_ScarecrowandGlinda.jpg.b25c6a3f0d57b18627ab197a426247c6.jpg

• Like 4

Added some ballast to the minis missing it and finished priming most of them ... Scarecrow needed his edges trimmed and the green stuff was still setting.

Added a smokey / snowy couple of paths over the rocks on the Wicked Witch's base.  Not sure which direction it will finish.

The ballast will likely get a wash but not get much else in the way of paint.

596d53306d43f_Thegang-Ballast.jpg.9d4f9e99e6d5ff38cd01f593be6fee68.jpg

Enjoy and Stay tuned.

• Like 7

Me too very cool and I may steal ideas here

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thrym said:

Trimmed bases off Scarecrow and Glinda and added them to their bases.

596d3ad8cc344_ScarecrowandGlinda.jpg.b25c6a3f0d57b18627ab197a426247c6.jpg

Wait, did I miss something? Were did Glinda come from?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Yup.  Apparently...

19 hours ago, Thrym said:

That just leaves his buddy, Scarecrow and Glinda (played by Dita, the Steampunk Witch).

i mentioned it after I posted Tinman above.

• Like 2

ROLLIN', ROLLIN', ROLLIN'

Put the first basecoats on ... Skintones.

596d6b6442c5d_TheGang-SkinBasecoats.jpg.83457ab65bf00434c7dee6e742d7a464.jpg

Elf Flesh on Dorothy and Glinda because they are going to darken.

A mix of Vallejo Sunny Skinetone and Reaper Palomino Gold for the Scarecrow and Lion.

The Wicked Witch and her smokey fog got a coat of Army Painter's "Lust" from their Others Deadly Sins series.

The Smokey Fog:

596d6b656e855_WickedWitchandherevilSmoke.jpg.5c35f08581bef201807690ce98335e34.jpg

... is thin super glue used with Super Glue Filler.  I blow in the filler along the rocks, etc. and then add the glue.  The glue follows the filler.  Dries clear or whitish depending on how much filler there is.  The Lust paint is very thin going on here.

• Like 7

Them some fiiiiine bases.

I look forward to seeing the finished result.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Yup.  Apparently...

21 hours ago, Thrym said:

That just leaves his buddy, Scarecrow and Glinda (played by Dita, the Steampunk Witch).

i mentioned it after I posted Tinman above.

Doh, I need to stop posting when I am tired or hungry haha. Looking good! Cannot wait to see it all done:)

• Like 2