5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Finished this guy a little over a week ago. Took almost no time compared to my previous figures and I've got a better setup figured out for taking pictures now!

20170716_233512.thumb.jpg.f09285b9ae95b47ff466fab896c7858e.jpg20170716_233527.thumb.jpg.eda9013e2f477626a9fc770b7c470345.jpg

Edited by Couvs
18 people like this

The metalwork is WONDERFUL as is the rest of you brushwork & choice of colors. OUTSTANDING WORK!

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, malefactus said:

The metalwork is WONDERFUL as is the rest of you brushwork & choice of colors. OUTSTANDING WORK!

Thanks! I'm super pleased with how he turned out given how little time he took. I did everything except the hilt of his sword inside of a couple hours on the long weekend Monday 2 weeks ago and needed to borrow the gold for the hilt at the weekly miniature painting social night I go to on Fridays. 

2 people like this

Very nice!!!

1 person likes this

Great work on him!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Argentee
      Update: My goal is now to do this for 30 days. I will post pics every 2-3 days and update this first post with links. 

After 3 kickstarters I have a HUGE backlog of unpainted Bones minis, so I've set myself a goal of doing 5 minis a day, speed paint, table top standard. Here are the minis for my first three days...

Day One:

Day Two:

Day Three:

Days 4 and 5 
      Days 6 and 7
      Days 8, 9, & 10
      Days 11 & 12
      Days 13, 14, & 15

I've now passed the half way point! That's 75 painted minis in 15 days!

• By ultrasquid
      At my friendly national chain home improvement store I found they sell mismixed paint colors at deep discounts. There I bought a 8 oz.(237 ml) sample pot of premium interior/exterior flat "paint and primer in one" for 50 cents. So I'm experimenting with using it as a primer for Bones. I will report on how it goes. In the meantime, feel free to discuss your budget alternatives.
    • By OneBoot
      This thread will serve as an index of all the Work in Progress and Show-off threads created by participants in this glorious madness. Don't post your entries here! Please make your own threads, then make a post here with links to them.

The Challenge will begin on August 1st 2017, and will be open for submission of completed entries until midnight CST on August 1st 2018. For further information, please see this thread.

Please familiarize yourself with the Official Rules BEFORE you start your Challenge! We don't want to have to disqualify anyone's hard work!

Official Rules:

Link to FAQ: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69639-7-day-goblin-challenge-official-rules/

Now, forth, and fear no dragon!
      Arise! Arise, Painters of Ma'al Drakar!
      Paints shall be shaken! Brushes shall be splintered!
      A glorious day... A Seven day... Ere the deadline rises!!!

• By OneBoot
      For those of you unfamiliar with The Great Kaladrax Painting Challenge, initiated by buglips*the*goblin, here's a link to his thread: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/51269-kaladrax-in-seven-days-buglips-is-crazy-wip

Feel free to boggle at the insanity of it for a bit, I'll wait.
      All done? Okay, so, being not entirely sane myself, I've decided to give it a go. I will be following the same rules buglips followed in his challenge, namely:

1) No using a brush larger than a standard Size 0 (no getting around it by using, say, a size 0 brush meant for house painting, for example)
      2) I will work on Kaladrax for no more than 168 consecutive hours (7 full days)
      3) The only prep time allowed before the timer starts is boiling and cleaning to remove casting residue. Removing (or not) mold lines is part of the challenge!
      4) When I begin, I will post a picture of Kaladrax with my phone displaying the date and time (I don't get the newspaper)

...That's it, really. Pretty simple. I will endeavor to make semi-regular updates, but when I get deep into PaintingLand, I can lose track of time. I will, however, be very good about taking awful WIP pictures as I go, then at least doing a batch picture post each day. I've timed this so Mr. Boot is gone at a work conference about half of the 7 days, so I will have a little more free time than usual.

So! Feel free to come along for the ride. I can't promise to be on here super often (or maybe I will be, who knows), but I can promise that the trip will at least be entertaining.

If you'd rather just skip to the end, here's my official completion post with pictures: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/68762-oneboot-is-crazy-too-kaladrax-in-7-days-wip/&do=findComment&comment=1371410
      Final show-off pictures: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69015-kaladrax-reborn-in-7-days-by-oneboot/

Note: Unless otherwise specified, all of the paints used are Reaper brand paints.

Huzzah!
      --OneBoot :D
    • By lexomatic
      Here's a few pics of my Bones Great Worm, completed during my July paint binge.

Here's some pics of rats. I especially like the cow patterned one.

WIP is here:

• Who's Online   48 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)