• ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rollcast
      I'm just really proud of this, my first work with an airbrush ever. Maybe it's not the best skill & craft work out there for finishing a figure, but I think I win some points for originality.

What I learned...
      Sometimes, inspiration comes when you think your finished (my son said "I thought you were going for a nebula") Sometimes, your wife says "It needs something iridescent" when you think you're done and she's right. Sparkling Amethyst on the spines Airbrushing means mixing and getting your consistency exactly right - I got lucky on my first try Airbrushing base colors is insanely fast, uses almost no paint and produces something much more even than I could dry-brushing Dry brushing is great for aging/leathering a piece - airbrushing is all about consistency of coverage. Trying to add red-shifted & blue-shifted stars to the star field looked like birthday cake sprinkles. Nature always has better color schemes than I can come up with on my own. I still need to figure out how to layer/thin/build up my colors.  

After initial airbrushing with Violet Shadow and Clear Magenta and maybe a mix with aged bonne for the belly.

First pass at layering for the spikes. I've got some learning to do.

Another angle at the "ready for detailing" stage.

My son said "nebula" and I broke out the clear blue and thinned it, but probably not enough.

Here's the "finished" product. I detailed so many stars in the blue areas. Then my wife said "iridescent" and I added Sparkling Amethyst to the spines. It's a great touch and highlights the raised part of the body instead of leaving it the same as the rest.

For scale against another recent work, my lizardman army.

• By InvisibleThumb
      Stuck my thumb in the box of unpainted bones and pulled out a Kyphryxis.

must unbag bag and dry fit, trim mold lines and scrub, but first, the random colors...

15, ah what could that mean?  I'll look later.  Let's roll another.

seven!  Good.  Nicely spaced numbers.  Will look it up in a minute.  For the third roll...  Well darn gotta wait for the full minute so the time shown is different...  Finally!

oof!  One!  Critical miss.  Well, it's probably a boring color at the top of the table.  Let's see what this means:

15: mint green
      7: olive green
      1: fire red 

huh.  Whadaya know.  Time to go see what I've got for colors... (To be continued)
    • By Shin Okada
      There is a page where I can see the detailed images and the names of each miniatures in Bones 4.
      https://www.reapermini.com/Bones4

Is there such a page for Bones 3? I got a lot of Bones 3 kickstarter minis but cannot figure out the name of miniatures in, say, Graveyard Expansion or Stoneskull Expansion.
    • By stormbreach
      Hello again all.  I have to link these photos because Kelpies don't wear clothes down there in the seaweed!  I hope this post works, I've never linked images before.
      I started work on the first one thinking it was just something "throwaway" that I did to shake things up after all the undead I had been painting.  But when I started glazing the first one I was just so happy with how it was going.  Looking back now she actually could have used even more maybe, but I was happy with the work anyway.  The sand base not so much, the paint under the sand was too dark and shows through.
      The second one, leaning further over spreading her arms, was a mixed bag.  The base is much better, the sand looks more like its natural colour since the paint underneath was much lighter.  She had some wicked mold lines on her that were difficult to remove given her pose, both arms forward and the seaweed in between, etc.  One goes right across her chest above her breasts, her arms have several...  Anyway I just tried not to let them show in the pictures.  Her glazing was perhaps a little more rushed so it could have been better, but I was just so excited to post them because I was so happy with the work on the first one.
      Anyway please let me know what you think guys, I think I have done some great learning after attempting my first glaze only three or four miniatures ago.  I am also very impressed with my progress.  I have painted 7 minis since the beginning of August.  That is my most productive two and a half months ever!  I hope I can keep this up, I'm a beginner but have spent a lot on my setup already, I'd like to get enough done to say it was worth it!

https://imgur.com/3bt3d1R
      https://imgur.com/rZnIctw
      https://imgur.com/Td1LWUj
      https://imgur.com/smOjZkq
    • By Lidless Eye
      Just a bunch of Eastern myth themed minis, mostly from Bones III and one Kenku/Tengu Monk from Stonehaven.

Oh, and some Myconids from Ganesha Games and Bones III plant monsters.  More Mario than myth, I suppose.

Oni close-up:

Kitsune close-up:

I like the male Kitsuine a lot more than I was expecting.  His pose, with all its swagger, adds a lot of character.  I also hadn't noticed the sake cup he was holding until I started painting.
  • Who's Online   26 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)