• ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TGP
      @Everyone :: Please feel free to share your pix of creations from the Bones Conversion Classes in this thread. 

I will **start:

As a beginning exercise Gene Bobby and Jason had everyone pick a body, add one thing, and pass it to the right. That was repeated three times. These were the result. 

**Be warned I have moar pix...
    • By Ash Adler
      I had a really good time with this kit, and I feel like I learned a lot from it, too.  Win-win!

This is probably my best paint job to date, and it was pretty cool to see those highlights and shades build up layer by layer.  Similar to the skeleton in the first kit, this one was quite fun to work on despite being a fairly simple model.

If the wizard was the best paint job, this one was the most fun.  Sadly, something about the posture just confounded me when it came to trying to take good pictures of it.  Also, those lips

I was a bit sloppy with this one, probably because I wanted to just finish with the kits and get on to doing my own minis again.  Nevertheless, it was a neat challenge to try doing so many layers of colors for this one, and if nothing else, that left eye is probably the best eye I've painted (right one's a bit of a mess ).

On the whole, I'm very grateful for all of the people who suggested getting the LTP kits.  Definitely a great couple of learning tools.  Many thanks!
    • By Lidless Eye
      Another set complete!  This time it's a group of Eastern Fantasy themed adventurers and encounters.  Almost all the minis are from the third Bones Kickstarter, with the exception of the Tengu/Kenku Monk armed with kamas.  She's from Stonehaven.

The group:

The Oni:

The Kitsune.  The male is one of my favorites...I hadn't even noticed the sake glass in his hand  until I started painting!  That and his swagger make for a very characterful sculpt.

Just some Human Monks:

The Kenku/Tengu:

This is the non-Reaper one, a Monk from Stonehaven Miniatures:

Flock!

• By Guildenstern
      Idk if this is a KS model or one I randomly bought to fill out our need for giant monsters that are not cardboard cutouts. Anyway, he's done. He was going to maybe go in a desert diorama but I decided against (he didn't end up fitting). I might go back over his claw bits again tho, they seem a lot darker in the pic than they do IRL but theyr'e still just not quite right. Anyway, he's based on a couple of RL pics, mostly going for a shiny red carapace kind of idea. He's not in my WIP thread, so just a quick note, I undercoated him mournfang brown (a red brown GW colour) and then built up to the red with reaper's bloodstain red and later clotted red (my absolutely fave triad *ever*)

• By Lidless Eye
      Another batch of deadly forest encounters, the kind you'd find protecting Castle Stoneskull!

All miniatures are from the Castle Stoneskull set from Bones III.

Vegepygmies:

Plant Dragon:

Death Lilies or something like that!

• Who's Online   42 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)