Blah, can't win lately.

Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/72577-resolutionary-painting-challenge-2017-chatterquestions/
All the information you need should be here.

Due to the revised format, there will be more than one bonus challenge available for this month. Including a "Hard mode" which Is some combination that may or may not have a source behind it.

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge: The First!

Oh Rats - July 22nd Is attributed as Ratcatcher's Day due to the legend of the Pied Piper of Hamelin. There's too much folklore to get into here - so let's see a ROUS or two!

Bonus Challenge: The Second!

Richard Nixon made proclamation 4071 as National Clown week. The challenge is to make a character that's not sculpted as a clown, to have the garish appearance of one. (I would say the style of Killer Klowns from outer space works here too)

Hard Mode Challenge!
Let's combine two of our favorite things, difficult colors and transparent cloth! Paint a mini of your choice using either Red or Yellow transparent cloth. (or is the term Translucent? I don't remember, I'm not done with my first pot of coffee yet.)

Good luck

• Like 6

July/August Goal: 9

#1:  Grot Warboss (Games Workshop)

#2:  89032: Anti-Paladin

#3:  89024: Holy Vindicator

#4:  Ratmen Priest

#5:  59015: Automaton (Summer Exchange 2017)

#5-6:  Kenobo (Soda Pop Relic Knights) Moving to Sept/Oct

#7-8:  03430: Young Swamp Dragon Moving to Sept/Oct

Bonus:

Current Cycle: 5

2017 YTD:  39/52

Edited by Clearman
  • Like 2

July / August

1. Grick

2. Charnel Grubb 

3. Brain eater

4. Baslisk

5-6 Barrow Rats   Challenge Figures 

+3 more from bones2 core

+ something in metal or resin.  

August: 

7. Eric the Cavalier

8. Random Viking

9. Bone Fiend 

10. One Warg

11.  Heroine in Sensible shoes (thief, but in plate.)

12. Shark

13-14 Modified Dracolisk, double amputatey  

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Maledrakh said:

what is a ROUS?

placeholder

Rodents of Unusual Size.   It is a well know phrase from the movie The Princess Bride, (which you need to go find and watch right now). ::D:

• Like 1

On 7/17/2017 at 10:09 AM, NomadZeke said:

Bonus Challenge: The First!

Oh Rats - July 22nd Is attributed as Ratcatcher's Day due to the legend of the Pied Piper of Hamelin. There's too much folklore to get into here - so let's see a ROUS or two.

I actually have an old Foundry ratcatcher mini primed...maybe this weekend is his time.

I think this is a non-commercial link:

http://www.witchhunter.net/galerie_gothic_horror_rat_catcher.html

It was apparently a monthly promo figure in September 2000.

Edited by Rob Dean
Added link
  • Like 1

July/August:

1. Sir Conlan (Show-Off)

2-5. Winter wolves and regular wolves (Show-Off)

6-13. Bugbear Warriors (Show-Off)

14-17. Hobgoblins (Show-Off)

18-19. Ogre Chieftain & Ogre Matriarch (Show-Off)

20-22. Bones 3 Ogres (Show-Off)

23-31. 9 more bugbears (Show-Off)

32. Lem, Iconic Bard (Show-Off)

33-40. 8 More Hobgoblins (Show-Off)

41-44. 4 desert hobgobs (Show-Off)

45-62. 18 Bones I goblins (Show-Off)

Edited by Jessie

I did good in July, finished seven.  Show Off threads here:

Pictures here:

5 crocodlies  -  http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/76195-crocodiles-ral-partha-and-reaper/

2 townsfolk   - http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/76196-dreadmere-fishmonger-and-crone/

August, finished 4, pics soon!

Edited by Citrine

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gadgetman!
      Arr...   

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/656177818/pirates-of-treasure-island
      About
      DEAD MAN'S CHEST
      Squire Olsen, Dr. Edwards, and the rest of the EOE gentlemen having asked me to help promote the whole particulars about this Treasure Island Kickstarter, from the beginning to the end, keeping nothing back but the bearings of the Casting Room, and that, only because there is still castings not yet purchased, I take up my pen in the hope of being paid by John in the year of grace 2018, and go back to the time when John first presented his plan for this Kickstarter and the stained old Salesman with the sabre cut first took up his lodging in the EOE Office. I remember him looking over his desk and whistling to himself, then breaking out in that old Casting Room Pirate Song:
      “Fifteen men of a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a Pirate Kickstarter, Drink and the devil had done for the rest, Yo ho ho and a Pirate Kickstarter”
      The first 4 sets include all the named Characters from the book.
      THE TOUGHEST OLD SALTS
      The 5th Set includes the Characters in the book that were not named. I have taken the liberty of calling them The Toughest Old Salts.
      "We got together in a few days a company of the toughest old salts imaginable--not pretty to look at, but fellows, by their faces, of the most indomitable spirit.”
      THE BLACK SPOT DEAL
      "...But what is the Black Spot Deal, John?", I asked.
      "It's a Rare Deal, Mate. People keep their weather eye open for such deals, then buy them on their honor.  
      People who is smart as paint is likely to lose their dead lights if they don't see how good this deal be. A collection of the finest Pirate's Pewter. 30 Dirty Scoundrels, Monkeys, Artillery, Barrels & Treasure Chests and even Captain Flint himself"
      Why are you talking like this John? "Yarrr, I dunno" he replied  
       All miniatures 28mm scale and are cast in fine Pewter. Miniatures are supplied unpainted and a few require a little assembly.
      Risks and challenges
      The Major challenge is time
      Most of the design work has been done eliminating the lion's share of work needed for pre-production.
      We are working with Fortress Figures to do the Molding and initial casting. Jeff and Ben are highly decorated Veterans of the Kickstarter industry and have over a hundred successful Kickstarters under their belts!
      I am very confident that we will meet all deadlines in plenty of time.
    • By Hearthsaga
      Assembly Required is a feature film about the world of gaming. On Kickstarter now http://kck.st/2La7UCY - 90% FUNDED 

Lifelong gamers and brothers Dore and Dante Harbridge Robinson have quit their jobs as VFX artists to bring to life a comedy feature film all about the world of gaming. Assembly Required tells the story of Theo, a modern day Viking warrior who is also a passionate wargamer. His one regret is losing touch with his childhood gaming group. By chance, years later they all meet in a field. Whilst Theo has honed his skills on the tabletop and become a master with a cardboard sword, his old friends have entered the very real underworld of crime. Genuinely impressed by his sword wielding abilities they want Theo involved in their latest heist! But what does Theo want?
      The movie is on Kickstarter Now, ending 15th July. Packed with rewards including exclusive miniatures and a one time opportunity to join the cast and act in a massive wargaming film!

The film is being supported by Weta Workshop Lord of the Rings sculptor Gary Hunt, and the Nova Open. 

• By WhiteWulfe
      Every now and then, it's fun to give something new a try.  In this case, I had a spare Ingrid lying around since hubby didn't want to paint her, and this all started with me trying to show hubby how I do drybrushing...  Or at least attempt drybrushing, since I'm not all that good at it.  Thankfully, it helped him pick up the basics alongside what was written in the LTPK Core manual...

Then it turned into a downward, flaming spiral, but arguably, in this case, flaming is good. ^_^;;;;  I wondered, is it possible to drybrush an ENTIRE mini...  And even more so, can I do it with just FOUR paints, where two of them had technically already been chosen since I'd started on her cloak, AND none of them could technically be from the same colour group as another (so no reds if you have an orange or pink, etc)?  And even more so, using JUST the #2 flat brush I had picked out before for the drybrushing?

Well, uhmn....  First and foremost, it was fun, and that was the point of it all for me.  Just sit down, have fun, and see where things go.  In short, I'm calling it a draw - I've picked up on a few more things as basics to work from, and I'm fairly proud of that cape, doubly so since it wasn't anywhere near as long to do as other techniques.  Does it sell it as well as layering does?  Nope, but I'm okay with that!

Anyways, onwards to the results of some experimentation to see just what my own limits could be with such a technique, and what kind of colours I can come up with using just 9417 Void Blue, 9432 Desert Sand, 9600 Heart Throb Pink, and 29833 Ash Grey....  For the record, the two I had started with on the cape were Heart Throb pink as well as Ash Grey, since the Ash Grey was used to initially demonstrate what I was doing for drybrushing, and then the Heart Throb Pink was chosen as something that would very much so stand out so he could watch every stroke of the brush...  I wound up liking such, and so rolled forward to do the entire mini with drybrushing.  Oh, right, I'm not counting the primering of the mini, which was done with Grey Liner.... ~_^

The story I'm going with is that it's a cursed gem that steadily corrupts and takes over one's body and soul, and that she's pretty much completely overtaken by it...  Or something, as she's kind of a pink glowing eyed dusty grey skin coloured gnome now, with gear that hopefully looks fairly dated / well aged....
    • By Citrine
      Stonehaven Ent Troll, a much friendlier looking treeman, from one of the Stonehaven Kickstarters.

• By Citrine
      This is Scibor Treeman #3 (SKU 28MFM0151).  Tried to  him dark and evil looking, though the skulls kinda give that vibe as well....

• Who's Online   22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)