Sign in to follow this  
nyrangerslmb

FRP Games - Are they still in business?

Are they still in business? I placed an order a week ago and haven't heard a thing. Every time I call Customer Service I get an answering machine, I've left messages but no return call. I've emailed a few times and no answer. They took the money for the order right away though! Has anyone dealt with them? Any experiences you wish to share?

I've bought from them plenty of times in the past and had good experiences. I'd suggest emailing their customer service rather than calling. I've emailed them once or twice and they got back to me right away. 

I've found FRP Games to be a bit wobbly.

They take a very long time to ship, in my experience.

They used to have a big end of the year clearance sale, but one year (3 or 4 years back, I want to say) they got swamped with orders and didn't finish getting everything shipped out til February or March, and thereafter their sale swapped to a smaller constantly ongoing one.

I once got a wrong (clearance) item and despite assurances of replacement, I didn't get it. 

On the whole I've been okay with their service, especially in light of their sale prices.  But they have been slow.

• Like 2

Thanks for the responses. I've tried emailing a few times already with no response yet. I'm just hoping I don't get screwed out of the money.

55 minutes ago, Pingo said:

I've found FRP Games to be a bit wobbly.

They take a very long time to ship, in my experience.

They used to have a big end of the year clearance sale, but one year (3 or 4 years back, I want to say) they got swamped with orders and didn't finish getting everything shipped out til February or March, and thereafter their sale swapped to a smaller constantly ongoing one.

I once got a wrong (clearance) item and despite assurances of replacement, I didn't get it. 

On the whole I've been okay with their service, especially in light of their sale prices.  But they have been slow.

My experiences are exactly the same as this. Same general issues during the big sale a few years back (late shipments, incorrect items - still not sure I was correctly refunded).

I have had good/okay experiences with them, as well.

But "wobbly" is a good word. And communication is not their greatest strength.

• Like 2

They only take a while to ship and sometimes if you get clearance items they run out and you still pay for them so they contact you a few days later or you need to contact them after seeing the order shipping confirmation come in. 

I think they are short-staffed and/or very busy so they are slow in responding to customer service issues when they pop up. 

Nothing but great shopping experiences from FRPG. With Miniaturemarket's slow shipping, they've become my go to for rpg/mini hobby stuff. Thou I tend to spread the wealth around among the various retailers.

I had a order recently have a out of stock item & they contacted me in regards to it holding up the shipment. A couple days after I got the package. no harm, no foul.

• Like 3