This is a really inspiring post - I may have to do my undying lords as a group as well. great idea. nice paint, too. I like that you stuck with the classic colors for each ; Ill have to steal that as well.

• Like 1

I so want to get a few more Hobbits and mix in some more human skeletons and have an undead fellowship. ::D: Your are well painted and I like the bright color contrast with the bone. Great job!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vulture said:

This is a really inspiring post - I may have to do my undying lords as a group as well. great idea. nice paint, too. I like that you stuck with the classic colors for each ; Ill have to steal that as well.

Thanks!  One of the things I've tried to improve on is the range of colors I use while painting.  Coming from the Warhammer background, so many things were super-uniform and done to speed along painting.  While I still focus on quantity done in the long run, I've tried to mix up schemes and use more tones.  Back in the old days all of the Undead would've just been wearing moldy browns. 

6 hours ago, Pochi said:

I so want to get a few more Hobbits and mix in some more human skeletons and have an undead fellowship. ::D: Your are well painted and I like the bright color contrast with the bone. Great job!

Thank you!  If you want some variety in your Undead Halflings, TAG puts out a great set:

596f574aec9b3_halflingzombies.png.d5a338f2bd3f7ff1f7a1637c8983c15c.png

Stonehaven Miniatures also makes a great Skeletal Halfling in the style of Bilbo:

596f577a94e5d_undeadhalfling.jpg.d45b0183595a4262712e365522c8b188.jpg

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Crowley
      As I said on my Saproling's topic, I had today off, so...  I decided that in addition to the saprolings, I'd knock out some tabletop quality ghouls. They were already assembled and primed, so the first thing was to paint the undead flesh. I used Vampire Shadow for their sickly skin. It didn't quite match the ghoul I'd painted before, but it was close enough. I sadly didn't always take good notes...

After that I decided that as these were primarily going to be gaming ghouls, and not for a unified force for Kings of War, they'd each get their own clothing color: Red, Green, Blue, Tan, and Dark Brown. I used Rusty Red, Muddy Olive, Rich Indigo, Desert Stone, and Ruddy Flesh. The eyes were all painted with Walnut Brown, as were the spikes sticking out of them. 

Then I washed them all with a mix of 4 parts sepia wash and 1 part black wash. 

A little bit of highlighting with the base clothing color, then it was time to paint the bases black, and then flock them! Oh, and a bit of watered down rusty red around the mouth.

Oh, and aged pewter on the spikes and the cleaver. 

Looking good for such quick work.  
    • By Citrine
      Some Stone Golems (SKU 77171) to challenge my players with in some future game session.

• By Citrine
      I had fun painting these Bones mushroom men (SKU 77345) to a tabletop standard.  Their faces are so derpy and cool!

• By Pochi
      I painted the Bones Black, Bones, and Wizkids owlbears as Great Horned Owls. This is the Bones owlbear. My husband calls him the crazy chicken. He is a little on the scrawny side and more than a bit manic. His face reminds me of Animal from the Muppets.

• By Auberon
      I have had some VMA Signal Red (metallic) gathering dust for quite a while, so this morning I decided to try it out.  Three hours later (including finding and shaking the paint) I have a complete test subject. I think that given the time to really work with it a person could do a decent TMM red with it.  As is, I have a tabletop ready dwarf.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 1 Anonymous, 182 Guests (See full list)