Sign in to follow this  
NyarlaBcn

The not-crimson-at-all herald

Don't be too hard on yourself, he looks very good!

• Like 1

He looks delightfully creepy! 

I can understand your crown complaints. Maybe mix your metal paint with a beige or pale yellow and glaze it at the tips for highlighting to make it pop a bit more. The tentacles are good, but the tops of them could use a wee bit of white. 

On photo cropping, I'd leave a little space of background below your basr to center the whole piece more. 

Overall, I like your work a lot. This figure will strike fear in the hearts of adventurers everywhere. The seaweed theme really works wonderfully.

• Like 2

After an epic chase, our intrepid adventurers loose track of their foe, the Crimson Herald.  Arriving at a crossroad, the party comes face to face with their opponent, now dressed in green.

*** roll Nat 1 for perception check ***

Party:  ***Breathing heavily *** "Did you...see a guy...in red...pass by?"

Herald:  ***pointing in random direction *** "That way."

• Like 5

Very creepy. I think the green works with the bronze.

You might try to make the bronze look a bit grimier with more dark brown/black patina in the recesses, but I think he looks very nice as-is.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, hdclearman said:

After an epic chase, our intrepid adventurers loose track of their foe, the Crimson Herald.  Arriving at a crossroad, the party comes face to face with their opponent, now dressed in green.

*** roll Nat 1 for perception check ***

Party:  ***Breathing heavily *** "Did you...see a guy...in red...pass by?"

Herald:  ***pointing in random direction *** "That way."

Little do they know, the Crimson Herald under that wrap is a rascally wabbit in disguise!!

Nice work! Love the writing in the book.

• Like 2

The Creepy Guy is SPLENDIDLY painted in a FINE array of colors. The staff is WONDERFULLY disturbing. VERY NICELY DONE!

Your creation is actually inspiring; i.e., it made me check to see if I actually had that miniature. Once I found it, I have a need to paint it. ...thanks.

• Like 4

I like the verdigris on the hat. I think the blue-green was a good choice. The highlights should be brighter on the top of his sleeves than at the bottom. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, malefactus said:

The Creepy Guy is SPLENDIDLY painted in a FINE array of colors. The staff is WONDERFULLY disturbing. VERY NICELY DONE!

Your creation is actually inspiring; i.e., it made me check to see if I actually had that miniature. Once I found it, I have a need to paint it. ...thanks.

I am with Melefactus on this. IAm inspired by this paintjob to add him to my next Reaper order. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NyarlaBcn said:

The crimson herlad, by Reaper. 

I tried a red/purplish clothe scheme first, but I wasn't happy with it, so I changed it to this dark seaweed green, I think it works good with the tentacles and bronze mask. Since It doesn't fit anymore the name Reaper give it, I like to call him Jelerak. 

I tried a freehand to illustrate the book, but I'm not precise enough so instead of the Lovecraftian arcane symbol I had in mind its just a pentagram wannabe. I'm not happy with the metallic mask, Metals are always an issue with me. And I think the tentacles could be better too. 

About the photo, I applied some of the advice received on my other post, until I find ways to use it all to a better extent. 

Any feedback will be fantastic. Thanks! 

IMG_4506.JPG

That's where he has been hiding!  I must slay him!

Great job.  I need to get around to painting this one soonish.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

That's where he has been hiding!  I must slay him!

Great job.  I need to get around to painting this one soonish.

Who, if not Dilvish with his Iron Horse ^^ appropiate :d 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NyarlaBcn said:

Thanks to all! 

You're right about the highlights... I will correct it. 

I don't know if I'd go and correct it, this is show off after all. I really like the figure. I'd just adjust on the next figure. That's just my personal philosophy, however, so do what you will. :)

• Like 4

I think the green was a great choice! He is awesome and the freehand is well done!