• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Unruly
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/350683997/tales-of-the-old-margreve-5th-edition-forest-adven/description

Forests in fantasy roleplaying games are dark places, full of secrets. With this project, we bring the Old Margreve to the 5th Edition of the world's most popular RPG. The Margreve is an ancient, enchanted forest that defends itself from those who come to cut its timber, poach its creatures, or steal its magic. Within its borders the Old Ways are strong, the word of the druids carries great weight, and griffons, dragons, and stranger creatures nest and hunt, undisturbed by humans, dwarves, or other lordlings.  
      Until your adventuring party shows up. Then things get really interesting.
      The Margreve Kickstarter offers three main elements: 
      1) the Tales of the Old Margreve adventure campaign hardcover for the GM, with adventures from levels 1 to 10
      2) a Margreve Player's Guide softcover book of new player options, including new races, druid and ranger subclasses and tools, backgrounds, and forest-themed spells.
      3) (if unlocked) a set of thick cardboard standups, the Margreve Pawns, which are similar to those created for Tome of Beastsand the Creature Codex. Here is a small sample of what that would look like; we anticipate producing 150 to 200 pawns (depending on stretch goals).
      Together with some book-expanding stretch goals, this project provides new deep-forest character options and a full sequence of adventures to draw adventurers into the wilderness and keep them on their toes.

WHY KICKSTART THIS?
      Initially we debated this as a softcover adventure collection, but we soon realized that it was large enough and compelling enough to make into a hardcover volume playable in 5th Edition fantasy campaigns, together with a player supplement. Why not go big?
      Kobold Press is doing something a little different with its digital offerings this time. We're putting our effort into the two print books, and possibly a custom set of pawns—and digitally, full sets of virtual tabletop (VTT) files. That means that we'll have the Old Margreve adventures and source material available on Roll20 and on Fantasy Grounds shortly after the hardcover and softcover volumes ship. 
      With terrific map management, full suites of digital tokens, pre-set monster stats, and more, virtual tabletops make it easier than ever to just sit down and play. The VTT packages for the Old Margreve will be extensive and include everything provided in the print edition—plus the flexibility and speed of online play. We're partnering directly with Roll20 and Fantasy Gournds, two of the leading VTT companies, to make these digital versions complete and powerful.

Contributors
      The designers on this project include lead designer Matt Corley plus contributing designers Dan Dillon, Jon Sawatsky, James Introcaso, and Wolfgang Baur. 
      They build on earlier Margreve work by Richard Pett, Ben McFarland, Tim & Eileen Connors, Dan Voyce, Michael Furlanetto, Wolfgang Baur, and others.
      Shipping costs from the US to anywhere outside North America have risen sharply in recent years, so we are once again partnering with groups in Canada, in the EU, and likely in Australia (depending on the volume of backers there), and if so then Kobold Press will pay customs and import duties for those packages. 
      Our best guess for those Canada-friendly and EU-friendly costs right now are roughly $22 shipping for Canada and roughly $30-and-a-bit for shipping to the EU. We do not have an Australia estimate yet.
      To calculate shipping to your location from the US, you can use the US Postal Service calculator and assume a Medium size flat rate box:  https://postcalc.usps.com/ 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/350683997/tales-of-the-old-margreve-5th-edition-forest-adven/description
    • By haldir
      I think I've decided on what adventure to run:

Seers of the Drowned City

This is a 6th level adventure.

Stats, roll 4d6 drop the lowest die
      No evil alignments, CN allowed
      HPs, Max 1st level & then either avg or roll, ignoring 1s.
      Gear: As I said before work with me on what you want for your level. Normal equipment, you can have, even plate if you want but remember the title of the adventure. Magical items: Hmmm it's been awhile but since this adventure is kinda of a sequel to Ire of the Storm, I'm gonna draw the treasures out of that one & post & let the party pick what they want out of that.
      Class: Everything, including Unchained versions
      Races: Hmmm work with me but I'm flexible
      Traits: Allowed, up to 2.

Any questions: Post here & I'll do my best to answer.

If you have any interest, feel free to post. First 4 are definitely in & possible 5th or 6th.

With me having a home 5e game now, I'm letting my Pathfinder knowledge slip a bit so I wanna at least keep 1st ed alive for me till 2nd comes out.

• By Darcstaar
      Authors: Logan Bonner, Jason Bulmahn, James Jacobs, Amanda Hamon Kunz, Stephen Radney-MacFarland, and Mark Seifter
      Based on the Playtest Version of the Pathfinder 2.0 Rules
      Compliant with the Open Game License 1.0a.
    • By Dan d'Lyon
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimandperilous/main-gauche-a-zweihander-grim-and-perilous-rpg-sup/description

I know there are plenty of RPG players on the board, and Zweihander just won ENnies for Best Game and Product of the Year at Gen Con.  I missed the first campaign, but strongly considering jumping in on this one.
  • Who's Online   44 Members, 5 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)