Darcstaar

Rise of the Runelords

[Hey, I'm back! Now with full gear.]

On 1/16/2018 at 5:13 PM, Darcstaar said:

You arrive at the “Boneyard” beside the rebuilt church.  Sheriff Hemlock is there to greet you.

”Heroes.  Thanks for coming.  Have a look at this...”

He points you to a small enclosed crypt.

”Until yesterday, this Crypt was sealed, and contained the remains of our last High Priest.  Now the lock is smashed and the earth around it is disturbed.  Also, there are signs of scuttling over the wall at the border of the Boneyard and City.  What do you think it means?”

On 2/15/2018 at 11:56 PM, Darcstaar said:

He doesn't know if the High Priest was buried with anything significant.

The High Priest was named Ezakian Tobyn.

He was a follower of Desna, just like Father Zantus.

"If there was anything of value, the tomb robbers chose an awfully strange moment to break in. And it's a sure bet that goblins don't worship Desna."

On 2/16/2018 at 12:31 AM, Darcstaar said:

You spot 6 sets of prints: 5 goblins and one humanoid.

"Someone *with* the goblins? Maybe not that strange a moment after all."

[Initiative Tical: 7+2 = 9, Reegol: 16+1 = 17 but holds until Tical acts, so 9]

Am I within 5' of a skeleton?, if so full attack; dwarven waraxe 18+1=19, damage 8+2=10 and dwarven maulaxe 17+1=18, damage 4+1=5. If unable to make a full attack only the first atk with the waraxe.

Yes.

You destroy the second skeleton.

There is nothing special about the skeletons.

In the corner of the Crypt you see a discarded robe.

(Spellcraft check?)

6 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

(Spellcraft check?)

[Spellcraft: d20+5 =19]

Tical is slightly unnerved by the presence of the undead.

"Were... were any of those High Priest Tobyn?"

Tical identifies the robe as a Robe of Bones.  It's completely used up.  It would appear the skeletons were summoned by the robe, and that the High Priest's remains were taken.

You search for clues and don’t find anything else.

You back out and tell the Sheriff.  He seems confused and concerned.  “Please use discretion and keep this to yourself.  We don’t want a panic about Goblin GraveRobbers, that’s just puzzling.”

Anything you want to do in town?

Buy Anything?

Or just go back to the Dragon?

At the tomb: Tical's nose wrinkles in slight disgust. "This robe... it uses, or used, dark summoning magic. A perversion of my own kind of magic. Not anyone is willing to use skeletons. And it's a sure bet that the goblins weren't the ones using it."

Back in town, to the sheriff: "With what we found, I'm not sure the goblins are the only problems. I don't know if it's someone working with the goblins, or just saw an opportunity, but that someone came prepared to pillage the tomb."

Edited by Cranky Dog

You have your words with the Sheriff.

You head back to the Rusty Dragon.

Aldern Foxglove is there.

"Heroes!  Everything is arranged, please join me on a boar hunt tomorrow morning!"

"We'll be sure to find one, and we can bring it back to feast like kings."

Does everyone want to go?

Does anyone want to do anything else today/tonight?

Daton, while thinking to himself "Urg, not this guy again.", will politely decline. Enough excitement for the day already, and better to hang around town in case something develops from this grave desecration thing... He'll either hang around his room or rest up under a tree or see if there's a library around. Just because he's got 10 int doesn't mean he can't do some light reading.

Nicholai suggests (out of hearing or any townsfolk) "that perhaps the boar hunt would be a good activity to use as cober for searching around the town for any clies or tracks about the attack on the town or the grave robbery."

Also bringing food to the community is in line with Deadeye's teachings.

"A hunt might be a well deserved distraction after the latest events. My companion would very well enjoy the activity."

Tical bows politely and glances towards Rigol to do the same. "We graciously accept your invitation young lord."

In the back of his mind, Tical is aware that being on friendly terms with the Foxglove family may get him some new contacts in Magnimar later on.

"Do as you please... I feel I've better things to do than keep company with a weenie who thinks shooting boar from the safest distance atop a horse counts as "sport".... Perhaps I'll hang around here and keep an ear to the ground. That a human broke into that crypt worries me and it might be a member of this community."

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Unruly
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/350683997/tales-of-the-old-margreve-5th-edition-forest-adven/description

Forests in fantasy roleplaying games are dark places, full of secrets. With this project, we bring the Old Margreve to the 5th Edition of the world's most popular RPG. The Margreve is an ancient, enchanted forest that defends itself from those who come to cut its timber, poach its creatures, or steal its magic. Within its borders the Old Ways are strong, the word of the druids carries great weight, and griffons, dragons, and stranger creatures nest and hunt, undisturbed by humans, dwarves, or other lordlings.  
      Until your adventuring party shows up. Then things get really interesting.
      The Margreve Kickstarter offers three main elements: 
      1) the Tales of the Old Margreve adventure campaign hardcover for the GM, with adventures from levels 1 to 10
      2) a Margreve Player's Guide softcover book of new player options, including new races, druid and ranger subclasses and tools, backgrounds, and forest-themed spells.
      3) (if unlocked) a set of thick cardboard standups, the Margreve Pawns, which are similar to those created for Tome of Beastsand the Creature Codex. Here is a small sample of what that would look like; we anticipate producing 150 to 200 pawns (depending on stretch goals).
      Together with some book-expanding stretch goals, this project provides new deep-forest character options and a full sequence of adventures to draw adventurers into the wilderness and keep them on their toes.

WHY KICKSTART THIS?
      Initially we debated this as a softcover adventure collection, but we soon realized that it was large enough and compelling enough to make into a hardcover volume playable in 5th Edition fantasy campaigns, together with a player supplement. Why not go big?
      Kobold Press is doing something a little different with its digital offerings this time. We're putting our effort into the two print books, and possibly a custom set of pawns—and digitally, full sets of virtual tabletop (VTT) files. That means that we'll have the Old Margreve adventures and source material available on Roll20 and on Fantasy Grounds shortly after the hardcover and softcover volumes ship. 
      With terrific map management, full suites of digital tokens, pre-set monster stats, and more, virtual tabletops make it easier than ever to just sit down and play. The VTT packages for the Old Margreve will be extensive and include everything provided in the print edition—plus the flexibility and speed of online play. We're partnering directly with Roll20 and Fantasy Gournds, two of the leading VTT companies, to make these digital versions complete and powerful.

Contributors
      The designers on this project include lead designer Matt Corley plus contributing designers Dan Dillon, Jon Sawatsky, James Introcaso, and Wolfgang Baur. 
      They build on earlier Margreve work by Richard Pett, Ben McFarland, Tim & Eileen Connors, Dan Voyce, Michael Furlanetto, Wolfgang Baur, and others.
      Shipping costs from the US to anywhere outside North America have risen sharply in recent years, so we are once again partnering with groups in Canada, in the EU, and likely in Australia (depending on the volume of backers there), and if so then Kobold Press will pay customs and import duties for those packages. 
      Our best guess for those Canada-friendly and EU-friendly costs right now are roughly $22 shipping for Canada and roughly $30-and-a-bit for shipping to the EU. We do not have an Australia estimate yet.
      To calculate shipping to your location from the US, you can use the US Postal Service calculator and assume a Medium size flat rate box:  https://postcalc.usps.com/ 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/350683997/tales-of-the-old-margreve-5th-edition-forest-adven/description
    • By haldir
      I think I've decided on what adventure to run:

Seers of the Drowned City

This is a 6th level adventure.

Stats, roll 4d6 drop the lowest die
      No evil alignments, CN allowed
      HPs, Max 1st level & then either avg or roll, ignoring 1s.
      Gear: As I said before work with me on what you want for your level. Normal equipment, you can have, even plate if you want but remember the title of the adventure. Magical items: Hmmm it's been awhile but since this adventure is kinda of a sequel to Ire of the Storm, I'm gonna draw the treasures out of that one & post & let the party pick what they want out of that.
      Class: Everything, including Unchained versions
      Races: Hmmm work with me but I'm flexible
      Traits: Allowed, up to 2.

Any questions: Post here & I'll do my best to answer.

If you have any interest, feel free to post. First 4 are definitely in & possible 5th or 6th.

With me having a home 5e game now, I'm letting my Pathfinder knowledge slip a bit so I wanna at least keep 1st ed alive for me till 2nd comes out.

• By Darcstaar
      Authors: Logan Bonner, Jason Bulmahn, James Jacobs, Amanda Hamon Kunz, Stephen Radney-MacFarland, and Mark Seifter
      Based on the Playtest Version of the Pathfinder 2.0 Rules
      Compliant with the Open Game License 1.0a.
    • By Dan d'Lyon
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimandperilous/main-gauche-a-zweihander-grim-and-perilous-rpg-sup/description

I know there are plenty of RPG players on the board, and Zweihander just won ENnies for Best Game and Product of the Year at Gen Con.  I missed the first campaign, but strongly considering jumping in on this one.
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)