Jump to content
Darcstaar

Rise of the Runelords

Recommended Posts

Ok, with 25 feet of movement Grimm can be directly east of Drake, and a goblin is southwest of Grimm.

 

With 40 feet of movement Grimm could put himself right into range of all 3 goblins, just north of the fishmonger table, in such a way as to not provoke an AOO.  With 6 squares of movement, Grimm can be northwest of the warchanter. Which would you want Grimm to do?

 

This assumes an extra square of movement to clamber up onto the stage, and no extra movement to hop down.

Edited by Darcstaar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nicholai moves to the west end of the table and shoots at the goblin warchanter.  Unfortunately, he strikes the table just as he looses his arrow and it goes sailing off nowhere near his target.

 

Attack:(d20) 4 +4 +1 (bless)= 9

 

Bless: 5 rounds remain  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grimm moves to the midst of the fray.

 

Nicholai lines up a shot at the warchanter, but misses, trying to avoid the stage, so ending up aiming high.

 

Drake is up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drake jumps back (5ft move as to not have anyone else in the burst) as the Goblin tries to set him on fire.  He drops his crossbow and lets loose with Burning Hands.

Roll: 13+5 = 18

Damage: 3+0=3

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I've needed some time to get at a computer with image mockup.

Drake may have a hard time keeping down the collateral damage with Burning Hands.

If he casts it from where he is, He'll get Goblins 1, 2, 3 but also Reegol, but needs concentration (which you already rolled high).

 

If he moves back (north) 5 feet, he'll get all 3 goblins and 3 allies!

 

If he moves east one square he can get the warchanter only, and needs concentration.

 

I included the templates and updated what the map placement is for the enemies and allies.

 

Let me know what you want to do with your area of affect.

598f5f62dd9ea_Round2Goblins.jpg.3c224d8678409229288f861434fc3c9d.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to assume you take a 5 ft step straight east to prevent AOO.

 The 18 succeeds as a concentration check to cast defensively.

 

You cast burning hands on the warchanter.

Natural 20 on the saving throw, so it only takes 1 damage. (Sorry, but again, glad it's not a 20 on an attack against you).

 

Let me know if you wanted different movement.

 

Tical is up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darcstaar said:

Tical is up.

"Whoa, too close!" Tical was surprised at how fast the goblins moved, and next thing he knew they were on him. He knew that he couldn't get a decent shot with the crossbow, so took a step back, hoping Reegol got their attention, and invoked some additional power for his companion.

 

As the magic flows between them both, Reegol suddenly grew to a size that was very imposing next to the goblins.

 

"Shoo them off Reeg!"

 

[5ft step west, cast Enlarge Person on Reegol. Duration 1 minute]

Reegol's temporary stats: AC 11, attack : 2 claws +5 (1d6+5) , reach 10ft.

 

For positioning purposes, Reegol 10' square will occupy the spaces to the left and below him.

Edited by Cranky Dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Warchanter continues it's bardic performance, singing the eerie Goblin Song (free action).

 

It then hisses through its teeth at Drake, and uses its whip to try to trip Drake.

16-2=14

I think that beats Drake's CMD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goblin 1 swipes at Tical with the torch.  12-1=11 misses

 

Goblin 2 gulps loudly, looking up at Reegol.  It then tries to bury its dogslicer in his leg.  18+3=21

4 damage.

 

Goblin 3 jumps off the fishmonger table, trying acrobatics to gain some height advantage over Grimm to stab him through the neck. Since it's leaving a threatened square, it provokes from Grimm.

Acrobatics 10+2=12 success (DC 5 for 5 feet jump, doubled for no running start=10).

Attack11+4=15

damage 5 if it hits, and/or goblin survives AOO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Guildenstern
      Ok so, my aussie friends and us play RPGs via Roll20 every friday and we take turns GMing. After a bit of a hiatus we've come back to my game, which is based in my world I call the Land of Oden. It's essentially high fantasy, low tech (though some exists from the 'previous' world, it's considered anathema) - you've got your typical racial archetypes.
       
      The basic backstory is there are a lot of independent type holdings, and most people belong to a Guild, if they have a trade. Guilds keep the areas safe, caravans going, food grown, and animals, well husbanded. Anyway, so the PCs are all Guild Journeymen off on their Journeyman's quest (a ritual they all have to go through before being considered full time Guild members). By tradition the quest is secret - they can ask for help, but not say "I'm on X quest, help me find Y" kind of thing.
       
      Lots of random quests are easy enough to insert - but here's the thing. I didn't think too far ahead when I decided they were on their Journeyman's quests... and all of them are very different >< I'm having trouble tying them all together =/ I was hoping maybe one of you guys would have some ideas to help out!

      Quests:
      Dariac - Dragon-Slayer (kinda defunct ancient order as Dragons no longer exist): find a red herring (deliberately made it so basically it can be anything)
      Althoniel (Healer): has to find a special plant known to flower perhaps only every 11 years (provided random pic)
      Mud - (Hunter): find the White Stag (not necessarily kill, just needs proof)
      Rosen - (Wanderer - essentially woods guide/surveyor type): needs to survey Khurash Dhenfor (an area no one's been in for a generation, give or take)
      Rincwind - (Mage) - survive to the Guild seat, at the top of the Mountain (planning a surprise for this one, once he gets there)
      Heldin/!s͎tchp - (Elf) - not really the same, his background is he was cursed somehow into the shape of a falcon (!s͎tchp) and ended up travelling with Mud as a companion for a long time, until a recent spate of magic in a Necromancer's Lair seemed to give him the ability to shift, at least temporarily back to his Elven form (it's still somewhat involuntary)
       
      So while this can be an ongoing campaign for a while - and there will be a big Baddie slowing them down etc - I need some way to tie these together >< How do I get myself out of this pickle?! I am a little loathe to simply let them all find out everything they're looking for is in the same place... that seems... just wrong. Idk =/
       
      Help? lol
    • By Auberon
      This one is almost over so I figured it had already been posted here, but if it has my search-fu has failed me.
       
      Trudvang Chronicles
       
      It is well past its funding goal at this point, and I'll probably never play it, but it is still tempting just to help with a translation project and for the art.
    • By haldir

      Starfinder: Dead Suns
      Chapter 1: INCIDENT AT ABSALOM STATION
      by Robert G. McCreary
      Starfinder Adventure Path #1: Incident at Absalom Station © 2017, Paizo Inc. All Rights Reserved. 
      For more info visit www.paizo.com/starfinder 
       
      You all have received a message from a dwarf by the name of Duravor Kreel, a member of the Starfinder Society. In this message he says he has a offer for you that if your task is successful could bring you notoriety with the Society itself. He wants you to meet him on Absalom Station. After you've arrived he'll  show you around the Station, get settled in & help with your membership into the Society. Why he picked you? The dwarf has heard some things about each one of you off the net & knew you'd be perfect for the job. After your arrived, he'll explain the job in more depth. He excited to see everyone.
       
      Now,  where or not, your a native of Absalom Station, you've decided that you needed some time away where it's a vacation or a job you're returning on the shuttle, Okimoro. A non-descriptive shuttle like any other that frequents the docking bays of the Station. In particular, Docking Bay 94 ("what a piece of junk".........) on this day.
       
      Absalom Station
       
      The brightly lit docks of Absalom Station are abuzz with activity as travelers bustle by, preparing to board or disembarking from starships bound to or from any of dozens of worlds. Brash and swaggering star pilots, scurrying ysoki mechanics, and expectant colonists mingle with enigmatic kasatha mystics, hard-faced asteroid miners, imposing vesk mercenaries, and more, creating a microcosm of the abundance and variety of life in the Pact Worlds. New arrivals meet friends, loved ones, or business contacts, and are whisked away into the humming activity of daily life on the vast space station.
       
      Docking Bay 94
       
      Beyond them, ground crews tend to the docked ships, and dockworkers in mechanized cargo lifters load and unload freight and luggage.  A sharp tang of ozone hangs in the air—a byproduct of electrical discharges from the docked ships—but underneath, the station’s atmosphere has a slightly used aroma. The docking bay’s deck plates thrum beneath your feet, though whether it’s from the passage of innumerable feet or the vibrations of the station’s power conduits and air recycling systems is impossible to say.
       
      Taking in your surroundings the bay looks like any other docking bay, a large, worn yellow painted "94" lays on the floor directly in front of everyone (everyone is in the grey "trapezoid"), that steps off the shuttle. A information kiosk in on your left. There are set of giant double doors North of the party & there are 2 passages that to the side of those doors.
       
       Anyone outside the shuttle, give me a Perception Check.
    • By heruca
      Anyone who may have missed out on the MapForge Kickstarter campaign...You can now get in on the MapForge Indiegogo campaign.
       
      There are two new videos to check out, even if you already backed the Kickstarter. And the MapForge Beta is available for download, so you can take the software for a spin.

  • Who's Online   23 Members, 5 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

×