Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Disciple of Sakura

77580: Ma'al Drakar the Dragon Tyrant (Picture Heavy)

12 posts in this topic

Wow!!! That is very impressive. I can't even imagine doing that much work on one mini, although this guy ain't so mini sized. I hope you get the money you deserve out of the auction.

1 person likes this

Looks great.

1 person likes this

Very nice!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Wow, cool stuff!  Interesting approach with the pupil-less eyes.  I'm not sure how I feel about that, but it is well executed.  As for the rest... I know for sure, I like it a lot!

PS. Good luck with the auction!

Kang

Edited by Kang
1 person likes this

It looks really awesome!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Kang said:

Wow, cool stuff!  Interesting approach with the pupil-less eyes.  I'm not sure how I feel about that, but it is well executed.  As for the rest... I know for sure, I like it a lot!

PS. Good luck with the auction!

Kang

I generally prefer my dragons and demons to have glowing orbs over regular eyes. In general, I feel it works better visually, and matches more with literature and media portrayals, but I can see how others might not appreciate it as much. 

5 people like this

Fantastic work!!

1 person likes this

Very nice, clean work. And you used the same color scheme for the heads! Great minds and all that...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, DocPiske said:

Very nice, clean work. And you used the same color scheme for the heads! Great minds and all that...

Thanks. Aside from a white dragon, I've painted a Pathfinder "gargantuan" sized dragon in each of the other colors, so I just used the same color palettes I'd used before. 

Edited by Disciple of Sakura
Spelling error
1 person likes this

Make sure you enter this in the Large Figures paint contest!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sauceyfellow
      Hey everyone, I received my first paint commission 2 months ago and I was super nervous. At the time I’d only been painting for 5 months and he wanted Tiamat done. Well I finished it up and he was so happy he said that I should post some pics to the forum so enjoy!

• By empi2k
      Hi guys,
      I haven't been here for the better part of a year, but I'm back with a huge "miniature". Its the Lysander model from Toscano, more of a statue than an actual miniature model. There have already been at least two of those in the forums, and they inspired me to paint my own. Also I paint to use the minis for D&D, and we were finishing a specific campaign where I needed a Tiamat miniature. Lysander has five identical heads, so I modified them to resemble the five evil dragon types from D&D lore. If you want to know more, please visit the WIP thread here.

So may I present to you Tiamat, the Dark Queen of Dragons. I actually finshed painting the beast last December, but just got new photo hardware today to shoot the thing.

Sir William Peacekeeper is facing Tiamat and Severin, the Cult of the Dragon's leader alone. Poor fool.

• By empi2k
      So I'm DMing a group of D&D 5E where we've played the Tyranny of Dragons storyline for the last two years now. We're around session 80ish now, and my group is near the end, where I want them to encounter Tiamat herself. As I've used miniatures for all encounters so far, I need a Tiamat figue.

When I saw the amazing WIP and Show-Off threads from Sirithiliel last year, I knew I had found the "miniature" I needed. Thank you for the inspiration, Siri. The model is called "Lysander" and is produced by Toscano. It's made out of some kind of resin and is pretty fragile (especially the horns). Wasn't easy to track down the figue, but then I found it on Amazon for 65 Euros including shipping to Germany. I understand that there are versions of this figure that come unpainted. Mine was painted in a nice green/yellow tone. But of course, this is not befitting of Tiamat ;) My plan was to go a little step further than Siri and change the heads, too. My players know the D&D dragons pretty well after a two-year-long dragon themed campaign, and they should be able to identify the typical D&D dragon heads.

As of now, I am almost finished with the model. But if you like, I'll post the pictures of the process here.

Here we go:

Step 1: The figure out of the box

I couldn't get the whole figure on camera with my usual photo setup. Will change setup for later pictures

The model is about 29 cm high, has a wingspan of 38 cm and a base of about 18 cm. It's clearly not in a 28cm fantasy miniture scale like the Reaper miniatures (eyes are too big, base has mega huge tree under the dragon's claws), but it will do.

• By Vytau
      I finally have six fighting CAV armies - some more fight-y than others.  Some have enough models with enough variety to meet diverse challenges, and some are just barely legal if you squint right.  Case in point?  Here's my newly painted Ritterlich army!  

Notice a complete lack of infantry, aircraft, fighting vehicles, transports, and for that matter, primary squads.*

But recon and artillery?  Got that *covered*!  

Anyway, here's a glimpse of my boys in blue.  They won't see much growth until next year when CAV KS II gets here, but they will see play because, hey, rhinos right?  

* As-is, I could only build two legal attack squads, both of which revolve around a rhino and a cataphract with either a recon model or a fire support model to get it up to a full squad of 4.  Truth be told, I'm honestly thinking I'll re-purpose some of these cougars as Cougar IIs - something between a Cougar and a Jaguar, just for the sake of variety.  

• By knarthex
      Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Children of All Ages, Creatures of Every Type, Shade, and Hue, and buglips*the*goblin,  I give you....

ME!

I Finished Herself this evening, and then Had Her pose for an exclusive photo-shoot.
      Without Further Ado, The Queen of Chromatic Dragons!

I took a shot of the photo set up as well:

All pics were shot from 5+' away, then cropped with Photo Shop, Color and contrast corrected as well.

It was a journey to get here, and my thanks to all those that looked in on the WiP from time to time, and special thanks to those that commented and encouraged me to keep going!

And of course kept Her distracted as well....

George

Human Avatar Here
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)