1 post in this topic

I Like my weird fiction. This promises to be a good, though dude heavy in the announced authors, anthology in that vein. Inspired by TV shows like Twilight Zone, Night Gallery, & Outer Limits.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/test-patterns-a-weird-fiction-anthology-fantasy-horror#/

Hello, I'm Michael Adams. I created Planet X Publications as a vehicle for publishing unique and high-quality original fiction that dwells at the intersection points of science-fiction, fantasy, horror, the weird, and high-strangeness.

Think of Jack Kirby channeling ancient astronaut theory in The Eternals or his any of his Fourth World books, William Hope Hodgson playing with concepts of life, death, cosmic-scale time, the afterlife, the alien, and the otherworldly in The House on the Borderland, or the morbid inventiveness and interplay of gods, men, and magic in Clark Ashton Smith's Zothique cycle stories and you'll begin to have an idea of both the aesthetic and the content we are looking for.

For our flagship title, we submit Test Patterns for your consideration. It will be a collection of short speculative fictions written with classic television shows such as The Outer Limits, The Twilight Zone, and The Night Gallery in mind. Richly varied stories which might impart a moral, inspire thought, offer meaning, inspire hope, or instill dread. Tales told in unique ways, employing provocative twists and surprises, and exploring the universal themes of humanity and self-discovery through the lenses of horror, fantasy, and science fiction.

3 options: digital, paperback, limited hardcover.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Smokestack
      This is a discussion on how magic would shape life in a magic rich world.

Eberron had some good ideas like magic carpet taxi and magical street lights.

So 1st I would say

Crops
      With spells like create Demi plane, you could have crops that crow all year long, are secure from bugs and raiders/ thieves, and have limited access to only those you want. Plus they don't take up valuable land that you can use to expand your city.... Plus the area is no longer limited by natural features or weather conditions. You could have tasty secure crops all year long.

Transportation
      Flying Cauldrons and brooms of flying. Wealthy noble children now have extreme sports involving personal conveyances. I can see drag races or just cruising around town in your pimped out flying ride...

Balls/parties
      Alter self can make your hair/clothes and even you look different. I can see shops dedicated to alteration magic.

Culture
      Prestidigitation can create objects that last for an hour and can heat and season them. So you could make food that tastes good and only lasts an hour that does not provide nourishment and thus does not make you fat. Noble Bulimics would find use for this...

Anyone one have any other thing that would fit here? What is your idea for a decadent magic based society?
    • By kacey3
      Currently on Kickstarter for the next two days!

I got in on the original release of this game and it is very cool. It's like a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure board game. It is loosely scenario based, but there is a fair amount of randomness and replay-ability in each scenario. I have played the first scenario four times and have yet to win, but had an entirely different experience each time. The most interesting thing to me is the action/health/timing mechanic. There is a serious economy of action in the game and if you aren't very careful with your choices, you will definiltey die on the continent.

Sadly, the production costs on the game are astronomical. At over 1,600 cards, they have said that they will likely never make it to full retail, so apart from this KS and potentially further private sale, we may never see it again. This KS is running until Thu, October 19 2017. 
    • By Darsc Zacal

I'm not familiar with this company, and this project is a relaunching of a previously aborted kickstarter, but I thought the ideas for ship and the trees looked particularly interesting.

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      The Third Android Collective.
      Welcome to the launch of The Third Android Collective.
      This campaign, if successful, will see the expansion of the Androids and Robots range of miniatures produced by Blind Beggar Miniatures,
      This Third Collective of Androids will see the extension of the 'Andy' Series, with a new selection of models which fulfil even more roles in society.
       The 'Andy' Series
      The 'Andy' Series are based on an original design first conceived and created by Andym Industries (the MK1).
      This original design was later acquired by the BB Corporation where further research and development saw this pattern evolve into a range of models with differing specifications.
      There are currently thirteen different models in production in the 'Andy' Series, This campaign will, hopefully, see the introduction of several more.
       The New Models
      The new models that the BB Corporation would like to put into production are shown here:

Please note that the MK 14 is a two-part miniature.
      The First and Second Collective miniatures..
      Here are the miniatures from the First and Second Collective campaigns.
      The Original Android Collective, featuring Mk's 1-7,
       The Second Android Collective, featuring Mk's 8-13 (and also includes 'Barker', the Android dog, not pictured).

The Pledge Levels.
      Take a look at the Pledge Levels on the right to see the options available for acquiring some 'Andy's of your own. You will also find the option of getting hold of some of the earlier models from the previous campaigns.
    • By Glamberry
      Hi all! Thought I'd share this sweet little Kickstarter (sorry if it already has been shared).

Only runs for a few days and is meant to start shipping at the end of the month (they already have the master molds). Thought the price is very reasonable and the minis really interesting. I got the good guys only pack ^^

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1512506318/my-last-sunrise-gothic-horror-28mm-miniatures/posts/1964783
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)