Valthorn_Illian

Sunday Funday!

24 posts in this topic

What usually goes on after the auction ends? This being my first convention I thought I'd ask so I can line out my plans better.

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

What usually goes on after the auction ends? This being my first convention I thought I'd ask so I can line out my plans better.

The auction signals the end of the Con.  People pack up and then everything gets broken down.  For liability reasons, Reaper doesn't normally allow guests to assist in the break down (they did let up stack chairs last year though). 

Basically, there is nothing official happening after the Con.  A bunch of people don't fly out until Monday however (I'm one of them) so the after party at the fireplace at the hotel usually is busy.

8 people like this

Huh, kinda figured that but wasn't sure. So it's either find a gun range (doubtful on a sunday) or head home for me.

Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville just happens to be open on Sundays.

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville just happens to be open on Sundays.

They don't look too bad. Maybe if anybody else wants to go and/or it's not gonna be too much of a headache to bring along.

Edited by Valthorn_Illian

I will have my daughter with my so I won't be up for shooting ranges. Been once and it was a lot more fun than I expected.  The thing did not take control of my brain and make me do bad things.

1 person likes this

Last year, a large group of us wound up going to dinner Sunday night.

I still haven't decided whether I will be flying out Sunday or Monday this year, but it was a good time.

5 people like this

43 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

I will have my daughter with my so I won't be up for shooting ranges. Been once and it was a lot more fun than I expected.  The thing did not take control of my brain and make me do bad things.

At least you went in with an open mind, which is more than I can say for several people I know.

I'm planning a Starfinder trial run using First Contact or whatever the new starter module is called. I figured try it out with actual people. Plus there is always the get together dinners people plan.

7 people like this

Yeah a bunch of us from the forum who don't fly out until Monday will go hang out and do dinner. It's fun to just keep hanging out with friends. 

9 people like this

5 hours ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

At least you went in with an open mind, which is more than I can say for several people I know.

A good amount of ppl would probably go and fire some rounds but there is an amazing steakhouse just a few blocks from the hotel and many of us usually go and do that.  It's a bit pricey, but it's some of the best steaks I've had in a long time.

10 people like this

16 minutes ago, Mr Melons said:

A good amount of ppl would probably go and fire some rounds but there is an amazing steakhouse just a few blocks from the hotel and many of us usually go and do that.  It's a bit pricey, but it's some of the best steaks I've had in a long time.

Dang tasty....

5 people like this

Steaks were decent.  I think I do a better one at home.  At least to my taste.  Awesome Wife has stopped getting steak when we go out because they don't compare.

Now a steak with a good cause is another story.  I just season mine and am no good at raising.

I'm still going out with everyone though.

5 people like this

22 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Steaks were decent.  I think I do a better one at home.  At least to my taste.  Awesome Wife has stopped getting steak when we go out because they don't compare.

Now a steak with a good cause is another story.  I just season mine and am no good at raising.

I'm still going out with everyone though.

Hopefully, the hotel computers won't glitch this year. ....:devil:

1 person likes this

If we do the steakhouse again this year we should try & reserve seats. The wait out in the lobby was a bit much last year. Good food thou.

5 people like this