Valthorn_Illian

Sunday Funday!

24 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, haldir said:

If we do the steakhouse again this year we should try & reserve seats. The wait out in the lobby was a bit much last year. Good food thou.

If I recall the problem was that they don't do reservations? Or maybe our group was too big? Or maybe we just hadn't called early enough?

....I don't know why I answered this if all I have is speculation. :lol:

8 people like this

1 hour ago, haldir said:

If we do the steakhouse again this year we should try & reserve seats. The wait out in the lobby was a bit much last year. Good food thou.

Pffft!  "planning".

4 people like this

3 hours ago, haldir said:

Maybe calling a day or two before?

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Maybe calling a day or two before?

That is my plan. The first time we did it, only a handful of people went. Last year, 20+ went so I wasn't really prepared. I will be calling ahead on Friday after I get an accurate head count. I'll also be letting people know that it is an expensive sit down place ahead of time (not sure I did last year or not) so ppl aren't surprised.

8 people like this

But the steak was sooooo goooooooood.

5 people like this

4 hours ago, MissMelons said:

Plus my meal wasn't that bad. Granted I went conservative, thou I did get steak. Just I'd rather spend time with everyone vs a few stuck in the lobby. Granted this year I won't have to turn in early with my flight not out till later on Monday.

6 people like this

On 7/20/2017 at 8:31 PM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Steaks were decent.  I think I do a better one at home.  At least to my taste.  Awesome Wife has stopped getting steak when we go out because they don't compare.

Now a steak with a good cause is another story.  I just season mine and am no good at raising.

I'm still going out with everyone though.

Thank you. I didn't want to sound snobby by saying it first. :lol: They have great restaurant steaks, are generally a great chain, and it was super fun to be able to see everyone outside of class! 

5 people like this

13 hours ago, MissMelons said:

Because of them, they ruined every other steak I ate afterwards. Granted, most of the steak I get is cafeteria assembly chain cooked, which is hit or miss on how well it's cooked, and most certainly not marinated for a month.

Reminder: I live in Atlantic Canada. We do fish, not beef.

On 2017-07-20 at 4:54 PM, klarg1 said:

I still haven't decided whether I will be flying out Sunday or Monday this year, but it was a good time.

I know what you mean, getting a ride to the airport on a Monday morning was unusually complicated. Are there really no taxi services in that area?

5 people like this

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

I know what you mean, getting a ride to the airport on a Monday morning was unusually complicated. Are there really no taxi services in that area?

From past experiences, other then having return trips with fellow Con-goers, scheduling a ride with Supershuttle is perfect way to go. Hell of allot cheaper then taxi fare. Thou I will admit, last time I used a taxi was when Reaper used Best Western on Teasley, so the distance is allot less then it is now. With SS, you just ride the shuttle from the hotel to the airport. The driver pulls up to your gate, helps you unload & your off to check in for your flight. I'll probably go with them again this year as well.

3 people like this