Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jessie

77200: Sir Conlan

3 posts in this topic

Painted up this hero as a break from some of the groups of figures I've been doing lately. His eyes didn't come out very well, but it was a bit difficult to get under his hood. Since he's only painted for tabletop quality I'm okay with how it turned out. Thanks for reading!

1_front.jpg.353a5aea08142e630028d101025134fa.jpg

2_back.jpg.b82c25a2e2edc5665af7793ab40ee86a.jpg

16 people like this

Nice!

1 person likes this

Good job!

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      Early last year, I pledged on Kickstarter for the Circle of Chaos Warband by Curtis Fell of Ramshackle Games fame, but I did not add on for the Rhinotaur at that time.
      ...So when I received the original 7 minis of the Circle, I kicked myself for not adding it on. The minis were weird-in-a-good-way designs by several sculptors, and great quality casts, and were all painted late last year.
      When the shiny syndrome at last overpowered me, I contacted Mr Fell, and he graciously ordred a Rhinotaur cast up and sent to me.
      After prepping, I added one of my 3D printed oval bases, and it has been standing around on my desk ever since, trying to get my attention.
      Which it in the end, did.

"Very few mutations survive conception. Fewer still survive birth. Some are so twisted and hideous, the host's birthing screams must be silenced to maintain a shred of sanity. This begins the tale of one such horror, unleashed upon a blighted world. A beast of war and ruin so terrible a strong man's guts turn to water at the sight of it. A pair of ancient cleaving swords it yields, whirling and feinting despite its armored bulk. It's mighty horns used to batter and break and pierce, are sharp enough to penetrate a dragon's hide. But despite all of this, despite the horrible carnage, the hacking, the trampling, the impaling, the worst of it is its battle cry. Pig snorting and squealing in battle, reaching its fervor. And suddenly, blood covered and splattered with gore, it opens its jagged mouth and emits the piercing yet pure and joyful squeals of a baby."  -from the KS update introducing the Rhinotaur addon.

The completed warband in all it's glory.

Curtis Fell / Ramshackle Games is officially on my "Kickstarter good performers" list
      Good communication, great product, timely fulfilment. A+ would back again.

The Rhinotaur aka Grey Death
      Circle of Chaos Oldhammer Warband KS by Cutris Fell
      Sculpted by Jason Wiebe
      Metal. Heavy Metal
      75x45mm 3D printed oval lipped base.

• By Citrine
      This is Reaper 3789 Fishwife and Crone.  These are the metal versions of the miniatures coming in Bones 4 as part of the Dreadmere set.
      Painted up for tabletop gaming use.  I painted the fish as a delicious deepwater fish from Norway called "Uer".  I have fond memories fishing for these at the shore of the Finnmark fjord, where the drop off was extremely deep.  I was sad to find these fish are now considered endangered.

• By Citrine
      These crocodiles have been on my "I want to paint" list for a long time, they finally made it to the front of the line.

First up some Ral Partha Crocodiles from the RIver Denizens set (31-033).   The set also includes a hippo and a submerged hippo, which is somewhere in the lead mountain.  I had picked up an extra crocodile at a convention long ago.

I also painted up the Reaper lead Dire Crocodile (65107).  I was happy to see his brother in the Bones 4 Kickstarter, it would be swell if this guy made it into bones as well.  I was about to start the lead version of the brother as well, when my husband piped up and said he wanted to paint it.

• By Jessie
      My next two sets of hobgoblins and hobgoblin veterans. I was not as pleased by how well my first set turned out (first set) as I still struggle to paint anything in white very well and felt like there wasn't enough contrast or detail on the armor. So instead this time I tried a sort of a paint, then dark wash, then highlight to get the detail out on their armor. I was hoping the green armor would look more jade (I have those foo dogs to paint up eventually) and it didn't quite turn out like I wanted to, but I am pleased that at least the detail in their armor wasn't as lost this time around. Anyways, thanks for reading!

• By Jessie
      Trying to paint up some of my Bones I stuff as well as get more heroes done and intersperse them through my bigger painting projects. I didn't have a lot of halflings painted so decided to paint this little bard fellow. I always try to mimic the official art on at least my first one if they are pathfinder iconics. His coat is burgundy wine/violet red and his hair is the blonde hair triad. I'm mostly happy with the way his pants turned out though someone better could have gotten more detail on the scarf around his waist. He's lazily pinned to a base from Dragon Forge Design. Anyways, thanks for reading!

• Who's Online   52 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)