knarthex

Question about entries...

2 hours ago, Weird-O said:

Hot skippity.:B): Any advice regarding that end of things?

I'm pretty sure my stuff isn't award-winning, but it's already proving pretty fun, just having a goal to paint toward. It's got me taking a second look at everything on my desk, and coming up with ideas to make them spiffier than I'd initially planned. :)

Let's expand on this a little bit. If you have a full weekend badge then you must have entered your pieces into the competition by 5pm Friday afternoon. Period, end of story, no exceptions - there could be disintegrations if you annoy us about it. Especially if you are taking a class on Saturday that you are convinced will help you.

If you have a Saturday only badge then your entries need to be in by Noon on Saturday. Period, end of story, no exceptions - there could be disintegrations if you annoy us about it. (I do realize that the rules posted on site say 1pm, I'll mention that to Bryan so he can correct it in his copious spare time right now.

Entries do not need to be picked up until Sunday, in fact we prefer if you would leave them in the competition area until Sunday so people actually have time to come and see them. If you must pick your entry up on Saturday it cannot be done until after the awards ceremony. Please be aware that pickup on Saturday can be difficult as the judges and entrants are in the area getting critiques on their pieces and asking the inevitable "why" question (I'm convinced everyone's age is 5 after the awards ceremony).

We do encourage everyone to enter the painting competition. This is not your standard top three places get an award, this competition pits you against yourself and your ability to execute your vision. A good clean paint job will score better than something you attempted a new technique on at the last minute. Just bring your best pieces with you and if you can't decide which one to enter then enter them all. (seriously though don't enter everything you painted in the last 12 months, pick say your top five and enter those). The judges will decide which piece they consider the best (and often its not the one you thought was your best).

Edited by Heisler
  • Like 4

I don't think I've seen this answered elsewhere, and sobs looked for it in the official rules.

What counts as a giant sized mini? Would Goremaw qualify? 

14 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

I don't think I've seen this answered elsewhere, and sobs looked for it in the official rules.

What counts as a giant sized mini? Would Goremaw qualify? 

Most assuredly. 

I know that most of the bigger dragons count and the big monsters like goremaw count. I know that clever crow posted the exact rules last year. I'll see if I can find for you. 

ETA:

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 2