Pochi

Andriessa, Female Wizard - Bones (Photo Heavy)

Nice skin!

Maybe "Giant Hand" IS the spell?

Nice little freehand symbol.

• Like 3

Love the hair!

I like the Celtic knot freehand.  I too have used that same one before.  The hand proportion doesn't strike me as that odd.

• Like 1

Good color contrast from the skin tone and those vibrant clothing colors. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

Nice skin!

Maybe "Giant Hand" IS the spell?

Nice little freehand symbol.

Maybe that is the spell she using! Good thinking! Ha! And thank you!

10 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Love the hair!

I like the Celtic knot freehand.  I too have used that same one before.  The hand proportion doesn't strike me as that odd.

Thank you! The freehand symbol is actually on mine and hubby's wedding rings and we have a matching tattoo as well.
The hand looks less weird after I painted it. Before, it seemed disproportionately large.

• Like 3

Wow! Love the hair, and excellent freehand work! That's something I would love to learn to do.

• Like 1

Very nice.  Add me to the 'really like the hair' bandwagon.  I also like the freehand.

• Like 1

Nice work. I like the colors you chose.  I was thinking of something similar for my Bombshell mini. Now I almost going to feel like  I'm stealing.

Edited by Silvervane
  • Like 1

She may be my favorite in The Dragon Hunting Crew. There is something DELICIOUSLY exotic about her. She is also BEAUTIFULLY painted in an imaginative selection of colors. VERY WELL DONE!

Edited by malefactus
R to r
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Choptop said:

Wow! Love the hair, and excellent freehand work! That's something I would love to learn to do.

Thanks! Freehand eludes me. I just cannot figure out how to get the effects I see on some people's minis. So, I am getting a dvd where the artist is a pro at freehand so hopefully I can figure it out. The freehand on this mini was actually my second attempt. I had a design going all the way up the scarf pieces but I couldn't get it looking crisp so I repainted the blue and just did the small design at the bottom. I guess I won't get better unless I practice!

8 hours ago, Silvervane said:

Nice work. I like the colors you chose.  I was thinking of something similar for my Bombshell mini. Now I almost going to feel like  I'm stealing.

I had already painted her hair and then, I believe it was Bathory, painted their frost giant with ombre hair (better than I did btw!) and I felt like I was stealing too. Then I realized that even if I had actually been emulating Bathory's work, it is because I liked it and want to try and get the effect myself. I say this because I am totally going to try out the skin tone used on their frost giant queen. Your work is always lovely, I am sure your Bombshell Babe will be, well, a bombshell!

7 hours ago, malefactus said:

She may be my favorite in The Dragon Hunting Crew. There is something DELICIOUSLY exotic about her. She is also BEAUTIFULLY painted in an imaginative selection of colors. VERY WELL DONE!

Thank you! I hope that your use of the word "deliciously" isn't an ominous premonition. I think I saw the dragon licking his lips earlier.

• Like 4

She looks great!  I always thought of that one hand having a magic gauntlet of some sort, or maybe holding a touch spell or something.  The way you painted it looks like it makes sense in all of those potential scenarios, so she's versatile.  ^_^ 

• Like 1

She looks like a piece of jewelry!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pingo said:

She looks like a piece of jewelry!

Izzat your way of saying "She's a gem?"

::D:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      Last year PingosHusband, after noodling around Exalted (2nd edition) and World of Darkness rulebooks (Vampire the Masquerade 2nd edition, Werewolf the Apocalypse, Mage the Ascension, etc.), announced that he'd like to run an Exalted game set in the World of Darkness.

We, his friends and loved ones, said “What, are you crazy? Have we not long joked about how unplayable and internally inconsistent the World of Darkness is; how its timeline makes no sense and its rules and worldbuilding are buried and often mutually contradictory; how foolish and suicidally incurious the various groups are regarding each other; and how so many of its many tragic angsty world-destroying problems could be solved if only each isolated group got its head out of its backside and actually talked to one of the others?”

He said, “Hear me out,” and since we have long experience of his keen ability to run entertaining campaigns, we heard him out.

See, PingosHusband has a knack rather like Alan Moore's ability to take unpromising old third rate comic book series and turn them into fascinating multifaceted mythic dynamos, or Neil Gaiman's ability to mine world mythology to create astounding and consistent and multilayered worlds, or James Burke or Kenneth Hite’s ability to take fascinating historical and technological developments and spin them into stories of human interconnectivity or disturbingly deep illuminati conspiracies for game use, respectively.

More than once PingosHusband has taken historical oddments, played “What happens if this is taken seriously and assumed to make sense somehow?” and produced some wonderful story or game setting or world.

(One of them won awards.)

So apparently he did this with Exalted and World of Darkness, getting under the hood, finding the core of what worked and what didn’t, seeing what could be connected to what else and what made sense, what was clearly absurd, what needed tweaking, what could be fun, what couldn’t be possible, why things happened, and who could have done them. He looked keenly at characters, places and situations, saw potential for fun in a campaign, wrote up background, and presented us with an introductory players’ handout.

I’ll get to particulars later. The simple version is that the world looks basically like the World of Darkness, except that all of a sudden a tiny number of people have Exalted with memories of the world of Exalted (“Creation”) and powers derived from it. There are five to begin with (the PCs), although more will come soon enough.

I have to say, this game has so far been tremendous fun. Our group has been playing together for over thirty years and I have rarely seen all of us this excited about a game. Our teenage / adult children are also involved and we have been having vivid family conversations over meals about history, strategy, and characters.

I’ve (of course) been painting up miniatures for the game. I’m having a lot of fun with these too. I’ll put links to Show Off threads when I have them up.

• By 72moonglum
      So I started a little project in which I have five or six figures, old Grenadiers, that I painted when I was a teenager in the eighties.  I found new copies of them and have started doing comparative paint jobs, ones from the eighties and my new job from 2017.  I did my first one, Frito the thief:  

and now I'm doing one for a Grenadier thief mage, which I think came in one of their old Grenadier paint kits.

So here is the version from this century:

to compare him against my original version, painted somewhere between 1980-1986:

and then here they are together:

In this particular figure I tried to use mostly the same color scheme, with a few exceptions.  I changed the color of the flame and tried to create a "vial" hanging on his belt, which I don't know how well it worked, but it's kind of my first attempt at liquids and bottles.  With his dart bandolier on his bicep, I gave that a bit of color too.  

Anyhow, enjoy, I'll have another one done tomorrow, and a few more in the wings, a monk, cleric, and a wererat at the very least...
    • By londwch
      This little fella looked great to do yet again from some of the pics I'd seen but yet again there was a lot more to it than met the eye.  I have since changed the light I am painting under and noticed I can make out the details a little better but I lost my way a bit with this one after the blue robes and red scarf, so the spell book and whatever it is on his other hip are undone and his hair so I have filed it here.  Please feel free to comment and stuff I like to hear what others think as there has been some real good feedback so far.
    • By Pochi
      This is the little mage that goes with the Wizard in the Mouseling Wizards set from Bones 3.

She hasn't been sealed yet so the orb isn't glossy and she herself is a bit shiny in places. Another fun little mouse! I even gave her lavender eye shadow. It was hard to tell what a couple things on her were. I guessed it is a scroll case attached to one side of her belt with a pouch. I have no idea what is supposed to be under her other arm attached to her belt. We'll see if she makes an appearance in tomorrow's game!

C&C welcome!

• Who's Online   37 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)