15 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Have to have a laugh in both humor and happiness after finally pulling my finger out and making a paint shaker out of a old jigsaw and a clamp. Did it mainly to give my Reaper Paints a good shake. But at work had a realization that I can use it to shake all the old pro paints I have squirrelled away in the hope I could do something to get the old paints back again. The jigsaw shaker has resurrected paints I thought had long died. Am SO freaking happy. Some paints had settled so much they were just pigment and liquid. Heh all fixed up now. WOOT!
Only downside is that it is a bit loud. Am sure my neighbors must think I am doing a hell of alot DIY atm LOL
Anyhoo that is all. Had to share.
By Arc 724
So I finally got this book and began prepping the miniature that came with it. I'm really impressed with the design of the new Primaris. Very well done.
To start I felt like the over all miniature needed some more weight to it. I mixed up some sculpty and green stuff and filled in his base and pressed the remaining into his back. It still fits together cause there is a lot of hollow space in him. The only reason I knew it was light was they had a few on display at the Games Workshop store so I got to pick one up.
By Arc 724
Rothmartyn of the DarkWold by RBG
Sculpted by Tre Manor
Quality: Table Top PLUS
This piece is TT+ but it also has a more of a "reach" in it than a TT+. I attempted a more elaborate freehand with the cloak - which you can see on the WIP linked at the bottom. As well as I attempted NMM for the first time. Now let me give you some context on that last sentence. I typically do TMM (True Metallic Metals) and I do them in virtually the same manner but with the added benefit (IMHO) of having actual reflection while on the table. So yes this was my first execution of NMM successfully, it is not far from my normal. All in all I think it turned out well. The green blade as well is in NMM effect. For this piece I really wanted to ascent texture which I attempted on the tunic that is laying across his legs. And other bits and bobs. The face is pretty basic which is one of the reasons I didn't do a close up of it. RBG faces from this era are pretty small and the eyes are tiny. So tiny seeing a pupil and reflection mark would be... useless in my opinion. But I would say it turned out well. More personality than I thought I was going to give it. I was B+ satisfied with the cloak. I tried doing a suggestion @Darcstaar gave me but I think I executed it "o.k". I'll try again with another model. I attempted a few new things with this piece and I like how it turned out.
Thank you all for your help and support. Would really enjoying your questions, comments and critiques on this.
WORK IN PROGRESS: RBG: RothMartyn of the DarkWold
Custom Legend of Zelda, Breath of the Wild inspired Paint scheme on elf warrior. The model is a 3D printed model and was brought to me by a customer She requested a Legend of Zelda inspired paint scheme based on a photo she provided of her character from the game. I really enjoyed doing this and translating the original art on to the model and I cant wait for a customer to bring me another challenge like this again. As allways if you liked this I post more pictures like this on my FB Page. Facebook.com/TabletopGlory
By Arc 724
Stared work on this guy finally!
I sculpted the base myself. I really like that he is slight bending at the knees which made him standing on the stairs i made look more authentic.
On to the painting!
Texture is the name of the game from this weekend.
GW: Vomit Brown (which is like a yellow brown) on the tunic. Several coats until I could not see grey from the primer. GW: Vomit Brown & Leather White (my favorite paint bottle ) [4:1] - To do some upper highlights on the all the raised areas. Dotting or Stippling with a Mixture: GW Vomit Brown mixed with Walnut brown. So the color was a little darker than the tunic's primary color. Then stippled or dotted with Walnut brown over THE ENTIRE THING. After that I did some diluted brown washes pushing into the recesses and some re-highlighting, re-shadowing, etc etc. The pants:
Painted in Leather White highlighted in PURE White washed in Muddy Brown (which is a green brown.) The bag:
Painted Royal Purple, highlighted with Leather white then washed in Muddy Brown
Who's Online 14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)