Darsc Zacal

Funded
StoneHaven Adventurers 2017

125 posts in this topic

Good gracious. They've priced themselves right out of the market. Even the Kickstarter pricing is skewed too high, at least at the lower levels.

Disappointing.

3 people like this

Looks like cherry-picking gets you around $5/100 points (higher price for lower volume, only a bit lower at the top point levels. But completionist is around $3/100 points. The former is basically retail price at most companies, while the latter is a significant discount if you actually want enough.

Break-even (assuming $5/100) is around 2300 points, assuming that you place no value at all on the pieces you would not order but for the completionist deal.

Waffling right now.

1 person likes this

The pricing issue aside, its been like 5 days since they even commented much less updated. I dropped out. I only really wanted 2 of the figures and the extra 100 points for backing the Giant Kickstarter was tempting...

I kicked in my twelve bucks (well 15, they add 3 bucks for shipping), so now I just await the end of the KS so I can choose my mini's. That's how it works,right? they e-mail me, I tell em what I want and give them my address, correct? Such a newb as far as KS goes:(

3 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

I kicked in my twelve bucks (well 15, they add 3 bucks for shipping), so now I just await the end of the KS so I can choose my mini's. That's how it works,right? they e-mail me, I tell em what I want and give them my address, correct? Such a newb as far as KS goes:(

In the past, yes, that's how Stonehaven has done it.

5 minutes ago, Mattnuke said:

In the past, yes, that's how Stonehaven has done it.

Thanks, Mattnuke!

1 person likes this

Does it seem kind of quiet over there from the company's side?

25 minutes ago, 72moonglum said:

Does it seem kind of quiet over there from the company's side?

They are busy drooling over Bones 4:)

1 person likes this

I've been sort of disappointed with their last couple of kickstarters.  I really do understand that everyone's got to make a living but there is really nothing special or thematic about this one and the giants had very limited appeal.  Wish they would go back to the race KS.  I have use for the matron goblin or the stableboy tiefling, not so much for yet another adventurer.

$15 is a little high for a horse, but it's very unique and I haven't seen one before. And, well, I have a need for one. 

The horse is actually pretty big. 40mm is about 1.5 inches tall and 64mm is 2.5 inches long. Reaper charges 12.99 for an unmounted unicorn, and with shipping that would work out to around $15. So I take it back, $15 is about standard for a tin horse. 

We've just gotten spoiled by plastic horses. :lol:

1 person likes this

$15 dollars for the 3 I plan to pick seems decent, they are metal after all. And yes, plastic has spoiled us:)

I have backed two previous Kickstarters with StoneHaven and love the quality of the miniatures I just hope they start unlocking more miniatures because so far I am not ready to pull the trigger on this kickstarter just yet.

6 hours ago, arctjg said:

I have backed two previous Kickstarters with StoneHaven and love the quality of the miniatures I just hope they start unlocking more miniatures because so far I am not ready to pull the trigger on this kickstarter just yet.

They just had an update today on their KS, and they pretty much said no stretch goals as far as any new mini's. They pretty much said stretch goals will be digital, first one would be PDF's of character sheets for pathfinder and DnD 3.5??? Isn't that kind of lame, seeing as 5E is out? seemed odd to me.

Character sheets is not a bad stretch goal.... but... If no more minis then there is no real value in the completionist sets... not sure why you would go for that.... I am starting to wonder if there is a money issue... The super increased prices on the webstore, the increased prices on this set vs the last ones and the Giants not being shipped yet... Also the Giants set had free shipping in US... where as this one has shipping fees...

Stonehaven are great. They have always been super friendly. I moved 3 or 4 years ago and I had an issue where my kickstarter rewards were returned back to them. I contacted Petra and she shipped them to my new address and didn't want another payment to cover the shipment. Said it was my house warming present. That is a very great customer service... Above and Beyond. I wish them success, and they really do deserve it, but there are some warning signs on this one...

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

... If no more minis then there is no real value in the completionist sets... not sure why you would go for that....

Right now, completionist is about a 40% discount from most of the "Point" pledge levels. If you like most of the stuff, it's probably a better choice.