I kind of tilted my head and wondered why character sheets, but it didn't affect my pledge.  I mean, it's a weird stretch goal for a miniatures project, but I suppose I can see the tie to the RPGs the minis will be used with.

Well, some of us had over-pledged making just a rough guess on points and expecting to pick up an extra figure or two from the stretch goals. Then when it was announced that there would be no minis in the stretch goals, sat down with a spreadsheet and worked out -exactly- how many points we needed and then adjusted our pledges accordingly. 

• Like 3

Makes sense.  I haven't followed the project that closely since I first pledged as I went the spreadsheet route up front.

I only went in for the horse. Others are cool, but I'm on a budget which is rapidly depleting. It is a shame that they aren't giving more incentive to those who are or may have been all-in though. 

• Like 1

Stonehaven doesn't seem to like facebook much. I'm not likely to go to new platforms to vote on sketches. Why not ask on kickstarter?

The update had something about moving from Utah and entertaining family. That takes up a lot of time. 

Hanging out in the comment section all day can suck up all your productivity. <.< >.> I wouldn't know anything about that.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2017 at 6:40 PM, Cyradis said:

I only went in for the horse. Others are cool, but I'm on a budget which is rapidly depleting. It is a shame that they aren't giving more incentive to those who are or may have been all-in though. 

That's basically what I did as I am on a RAPIDLY depleting budget, and every time I turn around, it gets worse. I really only wanted the fox, but I went with samurai halfling and kobold rogue (samurai b/c she was cool, and rogue just because i had 50pts, and didn't want another fox).

With lack of response and basically a lack of stretch goals, they seem to be kind of in a foot shooting mode, or purposefully weren't looking for this to grow very much.  They are posting some great future concepts on Instagram, but they don't seem to be relative for this Kickstarter. I'm a huge fan of Stonehaven and whatever they put out, but can't often do Kickstarters because my money must usually go elsewhere.  So when I do commit (extremely rarely) to a Kickstarter, I prefer to see them bring back a nice return in terms of loot and booty, which may be selfish, but I have to stretch my hobby money as far as it will go. 

• Like 3

Between the quite late (for them) Giants and the lack of...well, any growth really, on this Kickstarter, it really doesn't seem like Stonehaven.  Like everyone else said, they're usually a lot more talkative.

I'm thinking, if it was the move, perhaps having waited until after would've been better.  I'd hate to see them take a hit from this.

• Like 3

well from the way they wrote the KS, the molds and everything were already done, so perhaps they were just looking to recoup whatever they spent on that and just get something out the door during the move. Hopefully the 18K holds till the end and we get the PDF's (hopefully all of them, even if we don't buy a particular mini, not just the ones we choose).

• Like 2

I feel like this should have been a much shorter project. Two weeks at most, possibly only one. Not planning any stretch goals of note, the project doesn't need a long period to build excitement and such.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I feel like this should have been a much shorter project. Two weeks at most, possibly only one. Not planning any stretch goals of note, the project doesn't need a long period to build excitement and such.

You know, that sums up my feeling.  There's no real excitement or build.  It's not what I expect from Stonehaven, it feels like the style Midlam Miniatures runs (not that there's anything wrong with that)

• Like 3

Same here.  Nothing has changed.  I went through the offerings and totaled up the points needed to acquire the models I wanted, and have just been waiting ever since. 

• Like 3

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gadgetman!
      Arr...   

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/656177818/pirates-of-treasure-island
      About
      DEAD MAN'S CHEST
      Squire Olsen, Dr. Edwards, and the rest of the EOE gentlemen having asked me to help promote the whole particulars about this Treasure Island Kickstarter, from the beginning to the end, keeping nothing back but the bearings of the Casting Room, and that, only because there is still castings not yet purchased, I take up my pen in the hope of being paid by John in the year of grace 2018, and go back to the time when John first presented his plan for this Kickstarter and the stained old Salesman with the sabre cut first took up his lodging in the EOE Office. I remember him looking over his desk and whistling to himself, then breaking out in that old Casting Room Pirate Song:
      “Fifteen men of a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a Pirate Kickstarter, Drink and the devil had done for the rest, Yo ho ho and a Pirate Kickstarter”
      The first 4 sets include all the named Characters from the book.
      THE TOUGHEST OLD SALTS
      The 5th Set includes the Characters in the book that were not named. I have taken the liberty of calling them The Toughest Old Salts.
      "We got together in a few days a company of the toughest old salts imaginable--not pretty to look at, but fellows, by their faces, of the most indomitable spirit.”
      THE BLACK SPOT DEAL
      "...But what is the Black Spot Deal, John?", I asked.
      "It's a Rare Deal, Mate. People keep their weather eye open for such deals, then buy them on their honor.  
      People who is smart as paint is likely to lose their dead lights if they don't see how good this deal be. A collection of the finest Pirate's Pewter. 30 Dirty Scoundrels, Monkeys, Artillery, Barrels & Treasure Chests and even Captain Flint himself"
      Why are you talking like this John? "Yarrr, I dunno" he replied  
       All miniatures 28mm scale and are cast in fine Pewter. Miniatures are supplied unpainted and a few require a little assembly.
      Risks and challenges
      The Major challenge is time
      Most of the design work has been done eliminating the lion's share of work needed for pre-production.
      We are working with Fortress Figures to do the Molding and initial casting. Jeff and Ben are highly decorated Veterans of the Kickstarter industry and have over a hundred successful Kickstarters under their belts!
      I am very confident that we will meet all deadlines in plenty of time.
    • By Hearthsaga
      Assembly Required is a feature film about the world of gaming. On Kickstarter now http://kck.st/2La7UCY - 90% FUNDED 

Lifelong gamers and brothers Dore and Dante Harbridge Robinson have quit their jobs as VFX artists to bring to life a comedy feature film all about the world of gaming. Assembly Required tells the story of Theo, a modern day Viking warrior who is also a passionate wargamer. His one regret is losing touch with his childhood gaming group. By chance, years later they all meet in a field. Whilst Theo has honed his skills on the tabletop and become a master with a cardboard sword, his old friends have entered the very real underworld of crime. Genuinely impressed by his sword wielding abilities they want Theo involved in their latest heist! But what does Theo want?
      The movie is on Kickstarter Now, ending 15th July. Packed with rewards including exclusive miniatures and a one time opportunity to join the cast and act in a massive wargaming film!

The film is being supported by Weta Workshop Lord of the Rings sculptor Gary Hunt, and the Nova Open. 

• By Citrine
      Stonehaven Ent Troll, a much friendlier looking treeman, from one of the Stonehaven Kickstarters.

• By SamuraiJack
      About
      Over a year ago we started looking at beginning a High-Seas Adventure D&D campaign. However, we wanted to kick it up a notch (or five).

So, we began looking for a great set of 3d Dungeon tiles to help bring the adventures to life for our players. We wanted something that was customizable, beautiful to look at, and was playable terrain. We also didn't want to spend $100 per ship. We realized that customizable didn’t really exist- we had to *choose* if we wanted beauty, or a slim amount of customization. Not to mention that the costs were extreme per ship.. We couldn’t put together a fleet of different ships if we wanted to without breaking the bank.
      Being an Indy designer- Chris decided to start working on something better, and finally- after seeing friends and family reactions to the initial prototype- ShipWorks began becoming a reality.
      Shipworks is modular. What this means is that from the hull to the masts and everywhere in between- you have the freedom to design and print the sailing ship that you want. Not just another generic template, but your minds eye brought to life.
      The ships seen table time ;-)  
      Details and customization is also inside.. ShipWorks is also fully usable terrain- to scale with miniatures common to some of the oldest and greatest table top roleplaying games. Your miniatures can traverse the rigging shrouds and masts, climb ladders and stairs, and explore above or even below decks.

Captain checking the rigging as a swab runs up to the wheel  
      Even our yard-arms are functional terrain- 25mm miniatures bases slide in with ease, and stay there- even when turned upside down!

Upside down can be right side up- depending on perspective.  
      With ShipWorks you get to choose:
      The length of your ship.
      Adjust the width of the ship.
      Your prows appearance, and even the figurehead that adorns it!
      Add more (or less) masts and their length! No messy shaping of wood dowels (unless you’re into that). Add a crows nest or viewing platform.
      A host of customizations to change your hull. From the number of weapons ports to fight off enemies, to creature comforts like windows for passenger cabins. Even sleek flat hull panels for showing off your more merchant elite!
      How you want your sails, from classic square to sharp looking lateen triangles.  If you change your mind- change them on the fly! 
      Your stern-castle and fore-castle (or have neither Captain!)

• By pcktlnt
      Project: Captain Redbeard's Pirate Dwarves

About this project
      Avast me hearties! Splice the mainbrace and beat to quarters, that galleon is bilged on her anchor and ripe for the picking! Bring us alongside Gibbs. Boomer, get ready on the gun! Pete my boy, are you loaded? Hefty, Sharktooth, Deadeye, follow me! Gyaaarh! 

This project is to fund production of a pirate dwarf crew, a set of unique miniatures forming a warband of adventuring buccaneers for skirmish gaming or a unit of mercenary fighters in a larger dwarf army. 
      They are 28mm metal miniatures, sculpted by Mark Evans, who produced all the dwarf sculpts in our previous kickstarter. 

This time we have decided to offer only one pledge level, with all stretch goals being free additions to the set. If you want multiple sets just increase your pledge amount accordingly. 
      Pledge price includes FREE SHIPPING in the UK and discounted shipping of just £2 for anywhere else worldwide.
       If successfully funded each backer will receive one each of Captain Redbeard's crew plus any applicable stretch goals- 
      1. Cap'n Redbeard   2. Bo'sun Gibbs   3. Deadeye Dan  
      4. Hefty Hawkins      5. Slick Willie         6. Sharktooth Jack
      7. Pigwash    8. Little Pete      9. Boomer Svensson and Swivel Gun
       The Captain himself. As gnarly a swashbucking, treasure-hungry dwarf as you could ever hope to meet. He'll fight anyone and anything if there's a promise of doubloons which makes his crew a useful mercenary force to bolster any dwarf army (just don't pay him in advance).
       The captain's trusted Bo'sun, often found leading boarding parties or manning the ship when the captain takes a raiding party ashore.
       His aim is as good with his axe as with his pistol, as many an enemy has found out
       Avast behind! The crew will often mutter about hefty, but not within earshot of him. If you have a door to kick down, a bear to wrestle or a sandwich to eat, he's your man.
       The general opinion among the crew is the Willie fancies himself, with his goatee, ponytail and feather in his hat, he cares a bit too much about his appearance.
       Sharktooth is just a thorough git, a complete thug with a pair of wicked short knives that earned him his nickname. 
       Rumour has it that Pigwash was once captain of his own ship, nobody knows for sure and nobody likes to ask because of that big axe he carries around.
       The smallest of the crew, some say he's overcompensating but with his blunderbuss he can clear a deck or blow a dwarf sized hole in a city gate.
       He's got you covered, the swivel gun is small enough that the crew will often take it ashore for some extra firepower. 
  • Who's Online   30 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)