You are offering me the wrong free stuff. Now I don't want the stuff I wanted before.

What could be goofy about that?

:B):

• Like 1

I kind of tilted my head and wondered why character sheets, but it didn't affect my pledge.  I mean, it's a weird stretch goal for a miniatures project, but I suppose I can see the tie to the RPGs the minis will be used with.

Well, some of us had over-pledged making just a rough guess on points and expecting to pick up an extra figure or two from the stretch goals. Then when it was announced that there would be no minis in the stretch goals, sat down with a spreadsheet and worked out -exactly- how many points we needed and then adjusted our pledges accordingly. 

• Like 3

Makes sense.  I haven't followed the project that closely since I first pledged as I went the spreadsheet route up front.

I only went in for the horse. Others are cool, but I'm on a budget which is rapidly depleting. It is a shame that they aren't giving more incentive to those who are or may have been all-in though. 

• Like 1

Stonehaven doesn't seem to like facebook much. I'm not likely to go to new platforms to vote on sketches. Why not ask on kickstarter?

Stonehaven seems a bit off their game, on this one.

Only 4 comments in KS halfway the campaign, when they have a habit of being much more talkative (1300+ comments).

The update had something about moving from Utah and entertaining family. That takes up a lot of time. 

Hanging out in the comment section all day can suck up all your productivity. <.< >.> I wouldn't know anything about that.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2017 at 6:40 PM, Cyradis said:

I only went in for the horse. Others are cool, but I'm on a budget which is rapidly depleting. It is a shame that they aren't giving more incentive to those who are or may have been all-in though. 

That's basically what I did as I am on a RAPIDLY depleting budget, and every time I turn around, it gets worse. I really only wanted the fox, but I went with samurai halfling and kobold rogue (samurai b/c she was cool, and rogue just because i had 50pts, and didn't want another fox).

With lack of response and basically a lack of stretch goals, they seem to be kind of in a foot shooting mode, or purposefully weren't looking for this to grow very much.  They are posting some great future concepts on Instagram, but they don't seem to be relative for this Kickstarter. I'm a huge fan of Stonehaven and whatever they put out, but can't often do Kickstarters because my money must usually go elsewhere.  So when I do commit (extremely rarely) to a Kickstarter, I prefer to see them bring back a nice return in terms of loot and booty, which may be selfish, but I have to stretch my hobby money as far as it will go. 

• Like 3

Between the quite late (for them) Giants and the lack of...well, any growth really, on this Kickstarter, it really doesn't seem like Stonehaven.  Like everyone else said, they're usually a lot more talkative.

I'm thinking, if it was the move, perhaps having waited until after would've been better.  I'd hate to see them take a hit from this.

• Like 3

well from the way they wrote the KS, the molds and everything were already done, so perhaps they were just looking to recoup whatever they spent on that and just get something out the door during the move. Hopefully the 18K holds till the end and we get the PDF's (hopefully all of them, even if we don't buy a particular mini, not just the ones we choose).

• Like 2

I feel like this should have been a much shorter project. Two weeks at most, possibly only one. Not planning any stretch goals of note, the project doesn't need a long period to build excitement and such.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I feel like this should have been a much shorter project. Two weeks at most, possibly only one. Not planning any stretch goals of note, the project doesn't need a long period to build excitement and such.

You know, that sums up my feeling.  There's no real excitement or build.  It's not what I expect from Stonehaven, it feels like the style Midlam Miniatures runs (not that there's anything wrong with that)

• Like 3

Same here.  Nothing has changed.  I went through the offerings and totaled up the points needed to acquire the models I wanted, and have just been waiting ever since. 

• Like 3

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      We love miniatures. We love tabletop games. We love anthropomorphic animals, from Disney's Robin Hood through The Wind in the Willows to Brian Jaques' Redwall books. So we combined the things we love in our Burrows & Badgers range of metal miniatures.
      Why are we making them?
      Because we want them! And we know a lot of other people are looking for more anthropomorphic animal miniatures too. Some will want to use them for wargaming or roleplaying. That's what we do with ours - and there's a link below to a free .pdf copy of the Burrows & Badgers Skirmish Game rules for you to download, if you feel like trying it out.
      Other people love painting miniatures, and our figures are perfect for that, full of character ready to be brought to life with your paintbrush....
      And some people just love collecting miniatures; again, we've made this new set of Burrows & Badgers figures perfect for collectors. They are all single piece models, with integral bases, so there are no fiddly parts to be glued on.
      We love making miniatures; we hope you'll love our miniatures too.
      Why we need your help...
      We've got 13 new miniatures sculpted, but they need to have moulds made before we can start producing the miniatures. And that's why we need funding; to get the moulds made, and get the casting process started.
      About the miniatures...
      There are other ranges of anthropomorphic animal miniatures out there, but ours are a little different. We didn't want all the races of animals to be the same size. Instead, we've scaled them to each other; so a shrew or a mouse is a very small model, about 20mm tall, and a really big animal like a badger will stand about 50mm tall, for example.
      Each sculpted figure shown below has a scale picture with it, showing its height in millimetres. All our models are supplied unpainted.
      And if you are interested in doing some anthro skirmish gaming, here's the link to the Burrows & Badgers website, where you can download .pdf files of the rules, warband rosters, FAQs and more:

The Pledges
      Below you'll see pictures of the different Pledge levels available. Each picture shows you what's included in the Pledge, then below them you can see close-up pictures of the individual miniatures, which also include the prices if you want to add extra miniatures to any Pledge. Shipping costs vary depending on where you are; there's a graphic at the bottom of this page that lists all the shipping costs. All Pledges are set for an estimated delivery of December 2017, but we're hoping to deliver sooner than that.

Pictures of the miniature sculpts
      Below you can see pictures of each of the miniatures, and there's a scale image at the bottom right of each picture to show the height of the model in millimetres. There's also a price at the bottom of each picture, for the Pick'n'Mix pledge, or to add extra models to any pledge.

• By Purgatoryminiatures
      Hi there fellow gamer's and painters!

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce the Purgatory kickstarter that goes live on the 10th October 2016. You can preview the project here: https://goo.gl/g73jPiwhich will give you a flavour of what is to come.

In April we went to Salute and we took with us this artbook:
      https://goo.gl/5lT8Lc

You can find pictures of at least 5 of the starting factions alongside information on the background and the history of some of the characters themselves.

If you like what you see you can follow us on twitter @purgatoryminis or you can follow our facebook page: www.facebook.com/purgatoryminiatures along with the other 1600+ followers we are lucky to have. We have a website: www.purgatory-miniatures.co.uk that gives you more information on the game and the world as well as having a shop where you can pick up models like Erishkigal below.

You can see that we have some 'pedigree' in delivering highly detailed multi part resin models that are at 32mm scale. We have 7 models now released and the kickstarter bring the possibility of another 30 or more models that are all interchangeable to give you a dynamic and long lasting game.

The pledges feature a number of different levels, where the more you spend the greater the value. The £90 set for example, includes 15 models, all coming with a unique insert for their base. 15 stat cards, 15 San Ban cards, unique art, dice, hard copy rulebook and 60 Gift of the Gods cards. It really is packed with value.

So if you like the look of Purgatory, come on over and support the project as we ramp up for the War in Heaven!

Thanks

Team Purgatory
    • By SamuraiJack

A smart holder system for painting and sculpting tabletop and board game miniatures - touchless, comfortable and much more precise.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2066522358/miniature-holders-and-grips-for-painting-and-sculp?ref=hero_thanks
    • By Jay
      Good afternoon,
      I'd like to organize my reaper miniatures. Are there any inventory management apps out there?
      An app that's able to use the camera to scan bar codes would be a huge time saver.
      I've seen one that does this for your DVD collection.
      Anything like that available?
      Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks
    • By Aard_Rinn
      So, one of my personal mini projects atm is working on some of the NPCs my players in my homebrew campaign are encountering.  And one of my favorite groups in that world are the Hunts - a loose-bound organization of groups (each called a Hunt) of fighters/mercenaries/warriors, each with their own specialty, who dedicated themselves to maintaining the roads and paths of Fidel during the millenia-long anarchy of the Mortal Wars.

Now, what makes the Hunts distinctive from any other mercenary bands? Well, they ride BADASS FLYING MOUNTS.

Gryphons, for the most part, although one or two specialize in pegasi, and a few ride more esoteric things... 

Four NPCs intimately intertwined with the group are members of the Red Hunt - a sort of catch-all for powerful, destructive mages. Faukner, her apprentices Formel and Tiercel, and her wife, Charr. 

So, I've had the Stonehaven Half-Dragon Duelist for ages. It's one of my favorite dragonborn minis, and I decided it'd be perfect for the swashbuckling Charr... It's a great mini, neat and clean with tons of personality.

To give you an idea of who Charr is...

Anyways, I've decided to do a WIP of this set of minis, starting with Charr's two forms. This is the thread for her humanoid form, obviously - I'm painting up the Temple Dragon for her dragonness form, and I'll try to do a WIP for that, too.

So!

I started off nice and simple - hit the face with some red, and decided on a blue-and-white scheme for the cloths. I'm trying to bring out some of the swashbuckler in this mini, so I like the naval colors. That said, I could use ideas for the cravat.

Ordinarily, I'd paint my dragonborn's hair simularly to her scales and try to ignore it, but gonna go with dark for these dreads. They're sweet as hell. Wish DSM would give us a KS for these.

And there's the face, pretty much finished, TBH! I washed it with Games Workshop's purple wash, pretty heavily so it'd sit well in the mouth and scale cracks, and then highlighted just with pure red. This is a proof-of-concept for the temple dragon, as well as a mini on it's own, and I'm pretty happy with it! Used Palimimo Gold for the eyes - something else that'll carry over!
  • Who's Online   21 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)