Darsc Zacal

Live
StoneHaven Adventurers 2017

96 posts in this topic

You are offering me the wrong free stuff. Now I don't want the stuff I wanted before.

What could be goofy about that?

:B):

1 person likes this

I kind of tilted my head and wondered why character sheets, but it didn't affect my pledge.  I mean, it's a weird stretch goal for a miniatures project, but I suppose I can see the tie to the RPGs the minis will be used with.

Well, some of us had over-pledged making just a rough guess on points and expecting to pick up an extra figure or two from the stretch goals. Then when it was announced that there would be no minis in the stretch goals, sat down with a spreadsheet and worked out -exactly- how many points we needed and then adjusted our pledges accordingly. 

3 people like this

Makes sense.  I haven't followed the project that closely since I first pledged as I went the spreadsheet route up front.

I only went in for the horse. Others are cool, but I'm on a budget which is rapidly depleting. It is a shame that they aren't giving more incentive to those who are or may have been all-in though. 

1 person likes this

Stonehaven doesn't seem to like facebook much. I'm not likely to go to new platforms to vote on sketches. Why not ask on kickstarter?

Stonehaven seems a bit off their game, on this one.

Only 4 comments in KS halfway the campaign, when they have a habit of being much more talkative (1300+ comments).

The update had something about moving from Utah and entertaining family. That takes up a lot of time. 

Hanging out in the comment section all day can suck up all your productivity. <.< >.> I wouldn't know anything about that.

1 person likes this

On 8/7/2017 at 6:40 PM, Cyradis said:

I only went in for the horse. Others are cool, but I'm on a budget which is rapidly depleting. It is a shame that they aren't giving more incentive to those who are or may have been all-in though. 

That's basically what I did as I am on a RAPIDLY depleting budget, and every time I turn around, it gets worse. I really only wanted the fox, but I went with samurai halfling and kobold rogue (samurai b/c she was cool, and rogue just because i had 50pts, and didn't want another fox).

With lack of response and basically a lack of stretch goals, they seem to be kind of in a foot shooting mode, or purposefully weren't looking for this to grow very much.  They are posting some great future concepts on Instagram, but they don't seem to be relative for this Kickstarter. I'm a huge fan of Stonehaven and whatever they put out, but can't often do Kickstarters because my money must usually go elsewhere.  So when I do commit (extremely rarely) to a Kickstarter, I prefer to see them bring back a nice return in terms of loot and booty, which may be selfish, but I have to stretch my hobby money as far as it will go. 

3 people like this

Between the quite late (for them) Giants and the lack of...well, any growth really, on this Kickstarter, it really doesn't seem like Stonehaven.  Like everyone else said, they're usually a lot more talkative.

I'm thinking, if it was the move, perhaps having waited until after would've been better.  I'd hate to see them take a hit from this.

3 people like this

well from the way they wrote the KS, the molds and everything were already done, so perhaps they were just looking to recoup whatever they spent on that and just get something out the door during the move. Hopefully the 18K holds till the end and we get the PDF's (hopefully all of them, even if we don't buy a particular mini, not just the ones we choose).

2 people like this

I feel like this should have been a much shorter project. Two weeks at most, possibly only one. Not planning any stretch goals of note, the project doesn't need a long period to build excitement and such.

2 people like this

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I feel like this should have been a much shorter project. Two weeks at most, possibly only one. Not planning any stretch goals of note, the project doesn't need a long period to build excitement and such.

You know, that sums up my feeling.  There's no real excitement or build.  It's not what I expect from Stonehaven, it feels like the style Midlam Miniatures runs (not that there's anything wrong with that)

3 people like this

Same here.  Nothing has changed.  I went through the offerings and totaled up the points needed to acquire the models I wanted, and have just been waiting ever since. 

3 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fectin
      Stonehaven's mounted characters are great. The small mounts are all a common size, so you can put any character on any mount.

But they're also the right size for another kind of mount...

edit: and looking at these pictures now, I see a few mistakes that I need to go fix. Sigh.
    • By ladystorm
      In an effort to reduce confusion by people seeking information and asking on topic questions, we are creating two threads for our Bones 4 Kickstarter.
      This is the thread for conversations, enthusiasm, and commentary.   
      This thread will be lightly moderated to ensure forum rules are followed and specific questions may be relocated to the Official Information thread.

Link to project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-4-mr-bones-epic-adventure
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      Overview
      Help us launch our first line of plastic miniatures for the tabletop games we all play and love.   Run by a family of gamers, Role 4 Initiative brings decades of experience in gaming and design. 
      You've seen our dungeon tiles and polyhedral dice, now we wish to bring that same quality and value to the table with 28mm high-detail pre-painted plastic miniatures.
      Starting off with some of the most common player and monster types (Humans, Orcs, Zombies, and Skeletons), we will be producing all of our minis in sets of 6 or more per category, so you can easily and cheaply outfit your game with the figures you need.
      Our goal is to bring a very highly detailed set of miniatures, with excellent paint jobs for a reasonable price.  We all love gaming, but we're not all great artists.  So, we will always provide miniatures that are fully assembled, professionally painted, and ready to use.
      Our minis are made from a PVC material that provide both durability and flexibility.  We also have gone to great lengths to bring as much realism as possible by providing proper anatomical proportions in a 60:1 scale. 

The Process
      First, we thought about some of the most memorable encounters of our games, wishing we had some appropriate miniatures to represent the characters and monsters in the story.

Then we envisioned what these characters would look like and hired artists to create 3D models, 2D renderings, and background scenery that fit our stories.  But made sure they could easily fit your stories too.

Finally, we took these models and renderings to our factory to create the plastic injection molds from which we were able to produce the painted samples you see below.

What you get for your support:
      Set #1 - Human Adventurers
      Concept design:
      Set 1: Human Adventurers Production Samples:
      Male Viking Warrior  
      Female Blademaster  
      Male Cleric  
      Male Ranger  
      Male Wizard  
      Female Archer
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      Painted by - May Aguilar Andreu of MayArt  
      Newly Cast Bust  
       In 2016, our son who has Down syndrome graduated from high school. Most of the options for the disabled are limited so we decided to create our own opportunities for him. My wife left her career and we started Boyd's Toys. We are a small, family run business that specializes in resin cast figures and commercial printing. We do our own 3D printing, mold making, vacuum and pressure casting. John Boyd has over 30 years of printing and design experience and his favorite past time is table top games. We started creating our own figures in resin about 18 months ago on a 15 mm project called Chronicles of the Wayfarer. What is this project? Chronicles of the Wayfarer is a 15 mm war-game that has been under development for over a year now. It has two complete armies to support it and two more on the way. We have decided to release four busts to help raise funds and create a fan base to continue the development of CotW, so stay tuned ... three more are coming. 
      Below you will find a sample selection of our upcoming release of Chronicles of the Wayfarer. These are 15 mm leaders of the Kilnites. Left to right: Knight of the Kiln, War Screamer, Shield Legion, and Crossbowmen Leader. These are submissions from a recent painting contest that we sponsored. 

For the first 48 hours we will be offering a free 30mm figure of the Lawgiver, "Unmasked". This figure will only be available in one of two ways and will never be sold by us after this Kickstarter. Anyone ordering a bust in the first 48 hours will receive one free. Anyone sharing our Kickstarter announcement on our Facebook page will be entered for a chance to win one of 10 figures.

Anyone participating in the Kickstarter will have the ability to purchase additional figures. Once this campaign is done this version of the Lawgiver will be retired and his mask goes back on.

• By Iron
      Hi friends:
      After hard months of working, we´ve improved the game Iron League Blacks Stadium and the art has changed. Mechs and miniatures are amazing now. The board game has a new full cooperative campaign with map, scenary and enemies generation.
      The competitive mode continues and has been improved.
      So, we also want to change the title of the game, and this is:
      IRON WARS
      In July on Kickstarter. Soon more news.

• Who's Online   50 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)