Darsc Zacal

Funded
StoneHaven Adventurers 2017

125 posts in this topic

You are offering me the wrong free stuff. Now I don't want the stuff I wanted before.

What could be goofy about that?

:B):

1 person likes this

I kind of tilted my head and wondered why character sheets, but it didn't affect my pledge.  I mean, it's a weird stretch goal for a miniatures project, but I suppose I can see the tie to the RPGs the minis will be used with.

Well, some of us had over-pledged making just a rough guess on points and expecting to pick up an extra figure or two from the stretch goals. Then when it was announced that there would be no minis in the stretch goals, sat down with a spreadsheet and worked out -exactly- how many points we needed and then adjusted our pledges accordingly. 

3 people like this

Makes sense.  I haven't followed the project that closely since I first pledged as I went the spreadsheet route up front.

I only went in for the horse. Others are cool, but I'm on a budget which is rapidly depleting. It is a shame that they aren't giving more incentive to those who are or may have been all-in though. 

1 person likes this

Stonehaven doesn't seem to like facebook much. I'm not likely to go to new platforms to vote on sketches. Why not ask on kickstarter?

Stonehaven seems a bit off their game, on this one.

Only 4 comments in KS halfway the campaign, when they have a habit of being much more talkative (1300+ comments).

The update had something about moving from Utah and entertaining family. That takes up a lot of time. 

Hanging out in the comment section all day can suck up all your productivity. <.< >.> I wouldn't know anything about that.

1 person likes this

On 8/7/2017 at 6:40 PM, Cyradis said:

I only went in for the horse. Others are cool, but I'm on a budget which is rapidly depleting. It is a shame that they aren't giving more incentive to those who are or may have been all-in though. 

That's basically what I did as I am on a RAPIDLY depleting budget, and every time I turn around, it gets worse. I really only wanted the fox, but I went with samurai halfling and kobold rogue (samurai b/c she was cool, and rogue just because i had 50pts, and didn't want another fox).

With lack of response and basically a lack of stretch goals, they seem to be kind of in a foot shooting mode, or purposefully weren't looking for this to grow very much.  They are posting some great future concepts on Instagram, but they don't seem to be relative for this Kickstarter. I'm a huge fan of Stonehaven and whatever they put out, but can't often do Kickstarters because my money must usually go elsewhere.  So when I do commit (extremely rarely) to a Kickstarter, I prefer to see them bring back a nice return in terms of loot and booty, which may be selfish, but I have to stretch my hobby money as far as it will go. 

3 people like this

Between the quite late (for them) Giants and the lack of...well, any growth really, on this Kickstarter, it really doesn't seem like Stonehaven.  Like everyone else said, they're usually a lot more talkative.

I'm thinking, if it was the move, perhaps having waited until after would've been better.  I'd hate to see them take a hit from this.

3 people like this

well from the way they wrote the KS, the molds and everything were already done, so perhaps they were just looking to recoup whatever they spent on that and just get something out the door during the move. Hopefully the 18K holds till the end and we get the PDF's (hopefully all of them, even if we don't buy a particular mini, not just the ones we choose).

2 people like this

I feel like this should have been a much shorter project. Two weeks at most, possibly only one. Not planning any stretch goals of note, the project doesn't need a long period to build excitement and such.

2 people like this

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I feel like this should have been a much shorter project. Two weeks at most, possibly only one. Not planning any stretch goals of note, the project doesn't need a long period to build excitement and such.

You know, that sums up my feeling.  There's no real excitement or build.  It's not what I expect from Stonehaven, it feels like the style Midlam Miniatures runs (not that there's anything wrong with that)

3 people like this

Same here.  Nothing has changed.  I went through the offerings and totaled up the points needed to acquire the models I wanted, and have just been waiting ever since. 

3 people like this