Darsc Zacal

Funded
StoneHaven Adventurers 2017

124 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

I'm not sure the Stonehaven style really lends itself to minotaurs much. 

I don't think they'd be GrrrArgh minotaurs, but I'd bet they'd be very characterful.

1 person likes this

There's a lot of miss to go with their hit, I've come to feel, but they hit some big homeruns (like that dragonborn duelist, first springs to mind). I'd look at a minotaur.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Marvin said:

There's a lot of miss to go with their hit, I've come to feel, but they hit some big homeruns (like that dragonborn duelist, first springs to mind). I'd look at a minotaur.

The Duelist and most of their pirate-themed along with it are my favorites.

Some do wind up a little flat (or bizarrely complex) but I'm a huge fan of most of their sculpts.  Even the tiny, tiny, impossible to paint Grippli.

1 person likes this

I've always enjoyed their figures quite a lot, a slightly different style and aesthetic than what's out there nowadays, and I enjoy the occasional change in size from when I'm mostly painting Partha stuff, which is really very small compared to modern standards. I'm just hanging around waiting with baited breath for their giants to arrive!  Another nice thing is that they are putting out lots of artwork (I don't know if just for fun or for future figures) out on Instagram.