SamuraiJack

Blackened Keep Bust Set

About this project

816df0fc8ff5ee6c00c0627c2d3ffa3a_origina

Meet Thrawn, the battle hardened, slayer of evil, that has seen more war than any other barbarian in his clan.  Or any other known clan, for that matter.  If you were to find yourself surrounded by demons, Thrawn is the one you'd want by your side. 

This is the first  bust I've had printed, and here it is*:

430d6e3a31d20ba98ac4e67d25407395_origina

7175e2b226e46076ba22b8ad3938472b_origina

*I will be going over this, and the other prints, with clay, smoothing out parts, adding details, and basically doing some quality control, before getting them mold/cast. 

02d27f7dd92a067cda1adee3ebd88756_origina

Resh, the Chaos King. He's been marching his armies, of unspeakable horrors, across the land, taking everything they touch. If he's not stopped soon, he will be too powerful to face at all.

cb0003c3caa1d0bde2223e8917427abe_origina

This is Raynard.  Much younger than Thrawn, but the only human brave enough to face Resh, and his evil horde of creatures.  He's seen enough war to make most men give up on humanity, but Raynard doesn't give up Ever.

64cb0338cd2abdf6802dbeb35235bd81_origina

The stretch goals!  At $4000 you will get access to a female Necromancer, one of Resh's Most trusted advisors, and at $5000, an unamable horror, one of Resh's monstrous army.  While these haven't been completed yet, you can expect the same level of design quality, and detail, you've seen in the original 3.

These will be printed by Entrescan, then molded and cast in resin, by Trollforged.  I'm doing my best, to design some really cool, and varied, busts, that should be a lot of fun to paint, and look great when you're done with them. 

My goal here, is to raise the funds needed, to print, mold, cast, package, and ship these busts to your door. In order to keep shipping costs down, I'm going with Fedex International, as they seem to be the cheapest, without forcing me to get a mailing permit ($450) before even mailing anything out. 

Doing this will keep costs down, but I'm not going to know how much shipping will be, until I get all the orders in.  If 50 busts need shipped, they will charge one price, if 75 need shipped, they will charge a completely different price.  This means I have no way of knowing exactly what to charge for shipping.  But I will keep you updated on this, as numbers develop.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Psst, you didn't post a link!

It's the K in the first pic/link ::): 

6 minutes ago, haldir said:

It's the K in the first pic/link ::): 

Not seeing it on my phone... :huh:

The video plays and then the K highlights. Kind of similar to annotation/links in youtube videos.

--- Merge ---

It's being casted by Troll Forge. Is that the company that did resin for Raging Heroes?

On 7/27/2017 at 11:31 PM, SamuraiJack said:

yeah.. thats a big No from me on this sadly

On 7/27/2017 at 11:24 PM, pcktlnt said:

It's being casted by Troll Forge. Is that the company that did resin for Raging Heroes?

I think I missed some history.  What's the issue with Troll Forge or the Raging Heroes project?

A true KickStarter start up. A few nice looking 75mm busts looking for printing and casting funding. Limited hours left if you are interested. 

IMG_0946.JPG.bce3ff8a864d059a1c16b7081e73a4b7.JPGIMG_0947.JPG.85883935657fc76ee6452597025e7a6d.JPGIMG_0948.JPG.eb59bc59b52b97d0651d07b11ec5f0e7.JPG

I am backing. I am not concerned with the troll forged issues on a 75 mm bust as nothing will be as fine as some of the supper fine connections of the Raging heroes stuff and the crispness of the details was good on the ones I had recieved in this material. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jeneki
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1737676429/bio-craft-master-crafted-miniature-gaming-terrain

Some neat looking alien terrain.  I like the idea of curved walls as it should make handling miniatures easier.  Looks like this creator has delivered a resin project before (a dice tower).

*edit* Not sure why images aren't working, I'll try again later.

Also some cool stuff in the stretch goals. 
    • By SamuraiJack
      About
      Katherine Blacklock – As strong as steel and as bold as brass, This Monster Hunter won’t let anything stop her from gaining her kill and claiming her prize.
       PLAY Miss Sarah Whiteheart – flying at high speed with her jetpack; Sarah’s primary job is to deliver documents to and from the front line which is fraught with artillery air fire and explosive danger. Who the heck needs carrier pigeons?
       PLAY  Eliza Starley – Traveling in her Tesla powered attack wheel inspired by her great grandfathers Penny farthing design she patrols the cobbled streets of London to rid this dark city from sin and crime
       PLAY  Florence Wattsmith – this classically trained investigator is head and shoulders above the rest when it comes to the paranormal. Hunting and trapping the nasties’ that keep you up at night with her EMP wrist detector and phantom vortex pack.
       Olivia Judith Bray – The head of heavy infantry for The Queens guard and a fearsome knight, Olivia roams the battle field as if invincible with her Tesla Cannon and Steam companion Jarvis.
       Name Unknown – In a time when body snatching is at its highest and human experimentation to the dead is unregulated, the deceased do not always sleep, This Ghoul hunter protects London’s largest cemetery from body snatchers and the dark creatures that roam in the night.
    • By Dan d'Lyon
      This is a pre-launch thread, but should be launching on Kickstarter in April.

Darkholds is a dungeon crawler boardgame - think Space Hulk crossed with Zombicide - containing lots of undead (including Wihtgar, Wihtboga, Wihtax, Gasts, Dreaguth and Tomb Spider) and six heroes, all in plastic. It's heroes versus the game.
      The heroes are Carrowek, Penda, Nerys, Gnith and Sáthach, plus a special KS only miniature that you can ONLY get if you purchase the boardgame, Morag of Mann. You can't get her separately and she will only be available during the Kickstarter. The retail version won't include her.

I don't know why it keeps merging into a single post.  But hopefully it stays.
    • By lessonslearned
      The Weitz Method, created by Andrew Weitz, a Juilliard-educated professional musician, is based on a revolutionary method of music notation called Weitz Notation that allows students to play piano in minutes. Once a student learns the basics of The Weitz Method, they will have the ability to play any song in Weitz Notation. Andrew Weitz wants to bring The Weitz Method to people all over the world via downloadable video lessons.

Why 'The Weitz Method'
      'The Weitz Method' works by breaking down each song into simple notation using familiar shapes. No need to spend hours learning how to read music! 'The Weitz Method' gives you the freedom to learn the songs you choose immediately. Say goodbye to the typical beginner tunes and hello to your favorite pop melody. With the funds to purchase song rights, 'The Weitz Notation Library' has the potential to grow exponentially.  
      Let's face it: you're busy! With responsibilities, friends and family, your time is at a premium. You deserve the freedom to pursue your passion for music at your own pace. That's why 'The Weitz Method' will consist of a downloadable material that's always ready when you are.

For more information or to donate, click the link below!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11668449/the-weitz-method/description
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/black-earth-sci-fi-miniature-wargame#/

A 28mm miniature wargame set in the near future Earth of 2070
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)