SamuraiJack

Cancelled
Blackened Keep Bust Set

18 posts in this topic

Failed to fund.  updated tag

On 8/7/2017 at 8:48 AM, SamuraiJack said:

Brittle resin, mold release that won't come off, redesigned the mold 3 times because of bad layout

Hi, I didn't know this thread existed till now, and HUGE thanks for posting, I'm the dude that ran that kickstarter.  Since it didn't get funded, I was thinking about a set of full mini's using these same characters, and until now, I was thinking about Trollforged again.  I was going with them, as the price was right, and their example images looked great.  Had I known about those issues, I would have looked elsewhere for this Kick.  This is literally the first time I've tried something like this, so there's a lot I didn't, and I'm sure still don't, know. 

Like I mentioned, I'll be doing another kickstarter, with these character as full body mini's.  I'm thinking probably 38-48mm, but I'm not entirely sure yet.  I'm open to all ideas, and concerns about these mini's before I get too far in to the project, so if you have any thoughts you'd like to share, you can email me: replica63@hotmail.com or comment on my WIP thread here:

46 minutes ago, Jeremy-Smith said:

Hi, I didn't know this thread existed till now, and HUGE thanks for posting, I'm the dude that ran that kickstarter.  Since it didn't get funded, I was thinking about a set of full mini's using these same characters, and until now, I was thinking about Trollforged again.  I was going with them, as the price was right, and their example images looked great.  Had I known about those issues, I would have looked elsewhere for this Kick.  This is literally the first time I've tried something like this, so there's a lot I didn't, and I'm sure still don't, know. 

Like I mentioned, I'll be doing another kickstarter, with these character as full body mini's.  I'm thinking probably 38-48mm, but I'm not entirely sure yet.  I'm open to all ideas, and concerns about these mini's before I get too far in to the project, so if you have any thoughts you'd like to share, you can email me: replica63@hotmail.com or comment on my WIP thread here:

Since this kickstarter is cancelled I'll be locking down this thread.

When you're about to launch your next kickstarter project you can start a new thread for it then.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hyjynx
      Starting on my second project. Masterbox's World of Fantasy. Box states 1/24. Injection molded plastic.
      Didn't like the Footrests, so added my own.
      Added a cushion for her to sit on.
      Added some rings in his horns for adding reins later. Is now ready for primer

• By Smokestack

This project is designed to fund the production of a plastic injection mold, which will enable us to mass produce 32mm fantasy table top fauns.  
      Summary
      After rgdgaming's first initial production runs with the Ghoul King and the Minotaur Brute, we wanted to create our first ten man box set, featuring our faun renders in plastic. 
      Our goal is to provide a ten man box set so players have the option to field tribal archers, javelin throwers, and miscellaneous warriors using fauns.  
      Initial Sketches of Fauns Based off our sketches, our renderer proposed that we use a 3 in 1 pose for the torso, which allows the faun to be armed with a bow, a javelin, or a sword and shield. We initially played with the idea of rocks underneath, but for the convenience of the player we eliminated them. We loosely based the fauns off the idea of thracians, whom were valued for their skirmish warfare. 
      Faun  
      Faun without Rock The project was promising, but we knew that modelers would eventually want a variety of options to choose from. We started with some different heads and a female counterpart. This led to some sketches below. 
      Faun Add Ons Females are sorely under represented in many tribal type armies, so we tried to combine huntress concepts, such as the cloth along the thighs, longer hair, and agile frame. We are looking for multiple head types to go with the torso, and a new female torso to match the male counterpart and weapons
      Proposal for the Sprue
      We have been given multiple quotes for the .CAD design and we have two options: a simple sprue featuring two torsos, with all the options for bow, javelins, shield, heads and accessories for around $200-$300 designed, or we can try one sprue with ten times the amount of accessories for around 2k. The larger we make the design, the more we have to account for the mold design. One sprue with ten models would be ideal. 
      Who are We Making These For?
      The faun box set is intended to offer Kings of War players the ability to field tribal archers and javelin throwers for their Herd army. Though the other is the apparent lack of faun miniatures on the market.
      We wanted to open up an opportunity later for a new box set, which would allow the fauns to adapt the thracian Rhomphaia, the miniature version of the deadly falx. With the lack of armor they would make an ideal spirit walker. Put this together, and you have an incredible table top army in the works. 
      How are These Being Made?
      When weighing resin vs plastic we had to pick and choose the option that allows us to provide a great model set at a price that people appreciate. Resin is cheaper to make a mold for, but costs several times more material wise than ABS plastic for example. So we decided to shoot for an injection mold.
      Injection molds allow machines to make plastic impressions at a rate that is far faster than resin casting. As a result, it is far less labor intensive. This makes it relatively cheap to use no matter which country you enlist to make the product
      To design the mold blue print, we are enlisting a .cad designer from http://camppixel.com/. To make the injection mold and miniatures, we are working with http://www.kamings.com/ (has done work with previous kickstarters, and work for our minotaurs) A professional renderer and 3D sculptor.  To avoid wasting the funds on a bad mold, we will be testing the .cad design with a rapid prototype in the US, giving us a good clue to the viability of the sprue. From here we can refine the mold. 
      What Do We Need? 
      $2900-$4000 for the mold
      $200-$2000 for the .cad design
      $500-$800 for the option of extra bits, heads, and torsos
      Cost of materials and shipping of the product will be handled by RGD GAMING LLC to satisfy the minimum order needed to make this project happen. 
      What Do You Get?
      For a $1 or $5 contribution
      Personal credit will be given in this products production 
      For a $25 contribution 
      1 10 Model Faun Box Set (Retail SRP 34.99) (separate shipping and handling applies).
      For a $50 contribution
      3, 10 Model Faun Box Set (separate shipping and handling applies). 
      For a $100 Contribution
      6, 10 model Faun box set (separate shipping and handling applies).
      Availability of Shipping
      If we can mail it, we will try for you, whether you are in Canada, or Cambodia. Do note that postal performance varies from country to country and tracking may not be available for lower end shipping. Customs may be required. 
      Mainland US and territories $6
      Canada $16
      Europe and rest of the world 
      Per Quote
      Timeline
      A realistic estimate is somewhere between 4-6 months. We have cut down the time it takes with our initial renders, but we have to take into account production time of models, changes, and revisions of the mold. There will also be the communications and forwarding of shipments. 
        Risks and challenges
      Our biggest challenge is funding the initial plastic injection mold for this project. Plastic injection molds are cheaper than steel molds but offer comparable precision, is ideal for mass production, and pairs well with plastic models. Resin offers cheaper molding opportunities, but is not ideal on a cost per model basis.
      What we have done to make this project relatively easy is carefully vetting companies and partners for quality. As a result, we have many of the crucial elements a wargaming company needs.
      A concept artist
      A professional 3D sculptor (for the renders)
      A .CAD designer (blue print for the mold)
      A production company who can make the injection mold and produce the miniatures
      Initial renders and sketches paid for in advance
      Most importantly, a retail company who is dedicated to timely results
      To insure funds for the mold are not squandered, we will be prototyping the .cad files with local production companies, before green lighting the injection mold. The process is cheap and offers a quick turn around (5-7 days).
      We estimate the project will take 4-6 months to allow time for the design and production of the mold, add ons for the miniature sprue and shipping from mainland china to the US. From here we can label and ship products from the United States. A lot of the time will be cut down because of the initial time and investment we have already committed toward the faun project.
    • By Iron
      Hi friends:
      After hard months of working, we´ve improved the game Iron League Blacks Stadium and the art has changed. Mechs and miniatures are amazing now. The board game has a new full cooperative campaign with map, scenary and enemies generation.
      The competitive mode continues and has been improved.
      So, we also want to change the title of the game, and this is:
      IRON WARS
      In July on Kickstarter. Soon more news.

• By SamuraiJack

About this project

This will be Oz Clay Creations' first Kickstarter campaign release.  
      Our goal is to bring a complete range of scatter terrain pieces to the community that fulfills all the needs of the scenarios for the Frozen City and its expansions. 
      No more using toilet rolls for pillars or missing pieces when purchasing dungeon sets not specific to the game or even replacing needed pieces with close likenesses. All our pieces are hand sculpted in fine detail, cast in quality resin and then hand-painted in the theme suited to the frozen city. Despite our pieces' versatility, each piece has been designed to fit a specific goal, yet still have diverse uses.
      We are thrilled to finally release The Frost Collection to the community, with the hope that you will find a treasured place for our pieces among your finished collections. The aim of future campaigns like this will be to give us the opportunity to produce for the community quality scatter terrain pieces for those collections of RPG, skirmish and tabletop games so popular today, bringing our backers the sets they need that are ready out of the box to hit the tabletop running.
      Our project includes three special sets that will open up the opportunity for gamers to uniquely create a setting that matches the feel of the game so many of us love. Our pledge of The Deluxe Set targets the needs of a two-person game, whereas pledges of two full sets covers four players.  

A pledge on our Core Set will fulfill the scatter terrain pieces needed for the base game. The two other sets round out what is needed for all the extra expansions that followed.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1666958388/defense-of-the-citadel?ref=category_newest
      About this project
      The Defense of the Citadel is a cooperative hero defense board game for 1 to 4 players. It is set in a high fantasy world where you as the hero need to defend the holy citadel against waves of enemy invasion.

There are 2 ways to play and enjoy 'Defense of the Citadel', referred to as 'Missions' and 'Campaign' in the game. 
      'Missions' have predefined settings and last no more than an hour to play, which is perfect when you just want a quick short game. 'Missions' are also sequential, connected to each other through a story line. 

'Campaign' on the other hand is the opposite with no particular predefined settings. The map tiles are randomized, events are randomized and your performance and decisions through the phases as well as crafted items and wounds will carry onto the next until you reach the final objective. 'Campaign' is meant for a long game, and you may need to record the status of the game to carry on the game on another day.
      After selecting the game mode, players first need to select their characters. Each character represents a race in the world of 'Defense of the Citadel'. Each one comes with a unique racial trait, abilities, strength and weaknesses.

There are 3 primary attributes, strength, agility and magic. All actions, whether for crafting or combat, require an attribute dice roll of some sorts.
      The Jyujin is agile, able to succeed an agility roll with a 2+ dice roll You can choose a class your character is proficient in. The race determines the probability of success, whereas, classes define what you are able to do.
      each class offers a unique style of gameplay The player may choose to be a duel class, selecting 2 classes instead of 1. However, selecting 2 reduces the efficiency of that player's being able to perform the classes perks and abilities.
      Before the enemy waves arrive, you can make use of the time before the confrontation to balance the odds against you. This time can be used to craft useful items, lay traps or possibly even reshape the citadel!
      traps are one of the many things you can craft Some advanced crafting requires multiple conditions, with multiple attribute rolls and necessary class requirements. However, you do not need to do it alone! You can collaborate with other players to divide the requirement between each other. 
      The remote controlled 'rune bomb', the enemy is in for quite a blast. When all the preparation turn has been used up, the invasion begins!
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)