Another WIP for me to do this week. I've got Isla Darkstep, Reaper SKU #02698 which I'm painting up for my final D&D player. This one is going to be painted up to look like a drow. 

Anyhow, getting started, I have a couple pics as I got it cleaned and prepped now. Again going with black primer first and then I'll wait until it dries and do some white primer dry-brushed over it to pick out details. I just placed her integral base on a 1 inch circle of wood that I like to use for my bases and then put some procreate around the edges and sculpted the stones to match what was on her base to the best of my limited sculpting ability.

597a8c2976d15_Dhaelia1.thumb.jpg.6d3893d78148c087b2934f729f2abb70.jpg597a8c2a076a0_Dhaelia2.thumb.jpg.f8220850cf3ace1e0d0dca3132c0f789.jpg

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Thes Hunter said:

No likes until you get something other than primer on her. 

*crosses her arms against her chest* 

Soon! I need to get her done for d&d friend. I like to wait until primer cures for a day before slapping paint on figures. 

• Like 2

I was just thinking of painting this exact mini!  Probably won't get to it for a while, it was more for display than actual gaming. 

It will be interesting to see her as a drow, since that was really not my plan.  ^_^

• Like 1

This is one I was looking at for a Pathfinder Rogue / Shadowdancer.  As Ramelle shows her ears, that one was out for the main human disguise... so it was down to Ilsa or Lanelle and Ilsa just has so much more character.  

13 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

No likes until you get something other than primer on her. 

*crosses her arms against her chest* 

I agree. No likes for just primer! At least show us the stripping of mold lines and flashing. 

Get painting. But yes, cure the primer first. 

• Like 3

A bit of progress tonight, trying to get this kicked out tonight and finish tomorrow. Want to get working on other projects soon and this one is a quick tabletop job that needs doing.

Skin is Dark Elf Triad, the cloak is Monarch Purple with misty grey highlights and using inks to try to brighten it up. The leather base color so far is Dusky Skin. Eyes are Cactus Flower.

598520b1ddfe3_Dhaelia1.thumb.jpg.4f9c6dfab3a4b1d28a39f276f0413055.jpg598520b2821ec_Dhaelia2.thumb.jpg.f23521c917c472e3b9d53645c57a4b31.jpg

• Like 10

Ah! A fine startoff.

I really like the overall dark appearance of this paintjob contrasting the glowing eyes.

You can literally imagine her rising from the shadows.

Great work.

I am curious to see her finished.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I agree with the canine glitter cannon. Purple is awesome. 

Seriously I once counted all my purple paints, I have 15 purple paints, washes and inks :ph34r:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Seriously I once counted all my purple paints, I have 15 purple paints, washes and inks :ph34r:

Jeebus. Okay your high purpliness: which are your favorites? I have the Amethyst/Imperial/Nightshade triad, one old Citadel wash, and a super old Citadel purple. I need more!!! 

• Like 3

Progress!

I've got the hair and the base to do, and I think I'll try to blend that purple a tad bit better, purple is one of those tough colors for me to get just right and be happy with, especially on such a small figure.

59860860af471_Dhaelia3.thumb.jpg.f5538dd0f3af8307aded627a36d77909.jpg598608615f383_Dhaelia4.thumb.jpg.15d18d81de21bc9e34b00cb7f49c9178.jpg

• Like 7