Crowley

Hangout figure of the month ideas?

With August (and bones 4) right around the corner, we should probably pick a figure!

Last months alternate suggestion was 14361: Reven Beastman Woodcutter/77253: Beastman Warrior.

We could also go for another gnoll, since we have 2 orcs, 2 goblins, 1 gnoll, and 1 ogre. And somehow I don't see wanting more than 1 ogre...

For September and October, with ReaperCon looming, maybe we could go for something small, like kobolds? Or a dog?

Tagging @knarthex 

@Chaoswolf @Dilvish the Deliverer @Cranky Dog 

@Grayfax @Pineapple @TGP

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 4

Not a big fan of the Woodcutter, but I won't say "No! We can't paint that!".  The good and the bad with Kobolds is that the ones I want to paint are in the groups only.  But, the 03064 Kobolds (4) grouping is only $7.99 and adding them in to what we are trying to finish for ReaperCon shouldn't be too hard.  I could vote for completing the group in August and September and see what October brings, but I'm not super hard to please.  

Actually... those four might make an interesting diorama... hmmm....

• Like 3

On 7/28/2017 at 8:59 AM, Grayfax said:

Not a big fan of the Woodcutter, but I won't say "No! We can't paint that!".  The good and the bad with Kobolds is that the ones I want to paint are in the groups only.  But, the 03064 Kobolds (4) grouping is only $7.99 and adding them in to what we are trying to finish for ReaperCon shouldn't be too hard.  I could vote for completing the group in August and September and see what October brings, but I'm not super hard to please.  

Actually... those four might make an interesting diorama... hmmm....

Unfortunately that group of kobolds isn't represented in Bones... but we could do 02470: Kobold Raiders/77010: Kobolds swords-kobold and spear-kobold.

Alternately the command pair, 77350: Kobold Leaders/03024: Kobold Leader and Sorcerer though that might feel a bit repetitive from the goblins a couple months back. 

• Like 2

Which gnoll was done?  There are several there that could be done if Kobolds are too similar... and with hobgoblins not having any bones...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grayfax said:

Which gnoll was done?  There are several there that could be done if Kobolds are too similar... and with hobgoblins not having any bones...

The archer. 

• Like 2

Alternately, how about some sort of animal companion for the orc druid?

• Like 2

Well, of the other Gnolls, I like Bloodmane or Toghra, both of which have metal and bones.

03214 Bloodmane, Gnoll Champion | 77236 Bloodmane, Gnoll Warrior

14597 Toghra the Despoiler, Gnoll Warlord |  77235 Toghra, Gnoll Leader

Of course, these are all Tre Manor sculpts, so they are going to have detail.  Kobolds Leaders are also fine with me as they will paint up faster and have less detail.  In time, I want all of them, so I'm fairly impartial.

1 minute ago, Chaoswolf said:

Alternately, how about some sort of animal companion for the orc druid?

I didn't do an Orc Druid yet, but I'm down with doing animal companions.  Might end up doing several... 

• Like 3

Sounds fine to me.

...of course, I'm a little bit behind.:lol:

• Like 4

I am also behind, but yet again I have the Bones version through pure dumb luck, so I'm not going to complain. 

• Like 2

I think at this point everyone is behind... Maybe we should take October off?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Sounds fine to me.

...of course, I'm a little bit behind.:lol:

I have some version of that Gnoll champion....(but maybe not with the axe ?)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TGP said:

I have some version of that Gnoll champion....(but maybe not with the axe ?)

The gnoll sculpts are pretty much all similar enough as to make little difference

If we could borrow a table at Reapercon what would you guys think of a swampy version of Frostgrave? (Everything's half covered in moss instead of snow...and the warbands are chock full of Orcs/Gnoll s.)

Knollgrave

?

Swampgrove

?

• Like 2

Well, I managed to speed paint Bloodmane to completion! 

Onto the Animal Companions! And I should probably try to get back onto the hangouts at some point... 

• Like 1