Dilvish the Deliverer

Funded
Redbox Games: Warbands of the Cold North V

26 posts in this topic

Does anybody have a scale picture of one of Tre's dwarves next to an equivalent one from another manufacturer?

I absolutely adore his dwarf sculpts, but I remember them seeming very small, by current standards. (I may be mistaken)

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, klarg1 said:

Does anybody have a scale picture of one of Tre's dwarves next to an equivalent one from another manufacturer?

I absolutely adore his dwarf sculpts, but I remember them seeming very small, by current standards. (I may be mistaken)

I found this one after searching Google for a bit:

img_0164.jpg

6 people like this

Tre's Sculpts are, if memory serves, true 28mm. They are a bit smaller than the Standard Reaper fig. I love them though. So much amazing detail. 

1 person likes this

On 8/8/2017 at 7:52 AM, Grefven said:

Here is another picture I found thanks to my amazing Google-Fu

RBG2.jpg

Hasslefree dwarf, RBG dwarf, RBG dwarf, 90s GW halfling, 80s GW dwarf 

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=6724.125

i have that halfling! 

Oh, that really does date when I was buying GW. Man, I'm old. My minis could be going to college.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well, thanks to someone posting a picture of one of these lady dwarves in the bones thread, I pledged for this. Just a little pledge, but still. Thanks, you guys!

Edited by redambrosia
Stoopid autocorrupt!
5 people like this

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Well, thanks to someone posting a picture of one of these lady dwarves in the bones thread, I pledged for this. Just a little pledge, but still. Thanks, you guys!

I love the female dwarves in this they look impressively dwarven, by which I mean everything looks stately, well made and functional, No excessive cleavage, good poses, useful armor or robes, and ALVAHILDR THE WHITE may just be the best looking Dwarf wearing robes I have ever seen and is the best looking Dwarf mini I can think of.

4 people like this

might need the female with the bird on the staff.. but shipping for one mini is the same as the price of the mini.. might need to wait until Tre has more stuff I want

The surveys have gone out on this. 

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Loim said:

The surveys have gone out on this. 

Yep.  filled mine out last weekend. 

Note:  the last update said that a couple figures got left off of the checklist.  You can add them in the comment section (which I did for three of them).

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By VolksFest
      So, I am painting some figures for an upcoming skirmish type wargame, with terrain and everything (Frostgrave to be exact).

However I have been pondering whether I should base my minis or leave them as they come out of the box (as can be seen here).

I am usually all for basing and believe that even a simple snow covered base (as can be seen here) makes a huge difference but the Frostgrave book itself had me wondering since none of the figures depicted there are based. 

So, what would your suggestion be? This is my first time as a wargame/skirmish gamer and I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Would it be better to have small and simple non-bases since they fit better on terrain features like stairs or ledges..
      Or large (proper) bases are better for stability and/or aesthetic purposes? 
    • By VolksFest
      (.. continued from here)

-Mi'lady?
      He was a middle aged man carrying books under his arms and on a bundle slung across his shoulder. Many bobs and bits dangled on ropes attached to his body. He was out of breath and looked as if he really wanted to be somewhere else.

-You must be Master Barius' apprentice. Rufus was it?
      -Yes Mi'lady.
      -Good, good.. I have urgent business with your master. Please take me to him.

After a longbut uneventful journey they finally reached the gates of the gardens of Barius' Tower. It was a high tower made of ivory with no apparent windows or doors.
      -This way, Mi'lady.

Once they were inside the tower, Finarri was surprised to find it to be much more spacious than it seemed from outside.
      -Magic.. she muttered under her breath, her unease increasing yet her mission urging her to go on.

-Is that you Rufus? Have you found the tomes? All of them, yes?
      Spoke the old wizard without raising his head from the ancient book he was leaning on.
      -Ehem.. Master, you have a visitor.

There was a long and unnerving silence and the old man finally raised his head and looked at Finarri as if realizing she was there for the first time.

-Hmm.. so it seems we have a visitor Rufus. Why haven't you told me before?
      -But I ... oh nevermind. This is Lady Finarri from the High Temple, master. She is a..
      -A Paladin, yes, yes.. I can.. feel it.. So, Lady Paladin.. what brings you to my Tower?

Well, having been bitten by the Frostgrave bug it seems that I have evolved from boardgaming to the wargaming episode of my life. I have started by getting and painting my wizard and apprentice to some semblance of a tabletop quality.. 

Well, said too much already. Thanks for looking and C&C is always appreciated. 

• By VolksFest
      I've had these for over 2 years and  never got around to painting them. Sigh..

But, thanks to one Frostgrave scenario that calls for six statues, I realized I could hit two (or six) birds with one stone and voilà! 

Bases are cork and attached to the mini bases with poster putty since when they activate they can come down from their plinths.
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project

Behold! Legions of tabletop gamers! The Table of Ultimate Gaming has arrived! 
      Amazing features, accessories and expandability make this the gaming table we all have been waiting for. The Table of Ultimate Gaming allows you to play your games, your way. We create unmatched gaming table systems and accessories, then deliver them right to your door.
       3'x5' coffee table height Table of Ultimate Gaming in natural color
      3'x5' standard height in natural color. Shown with optional decoration packs and full table covers which store inside table and become 4 desks! 
       You are always ready to game on the Coffee Table of Ultimate Gaming! 
      3'x5' table in Storm Grey color set in the deep play position ready for a dungeon crawl. You can build any Table of Ultimate Gaming to offer either a shallow or a deep play floor depth.
      The majestic 4'x6' Table of Ultimate Gaming in pitch black color. Showing optional cup holder/dice tray combo accessories. 
      The Table of Ultimate Gaming is a complete modular and expandable system that puts you in the driver's seat. With unmatched features at a price you can afford, this system gives you full control over your games and events. We design on computers and cut roboticaly so every product is perfectly manufactured. The highest quality materials such as durable European birch hardwood construction and water based paints ensure years of safety, reliability and make these tables and accessories suitable for home use, game stores, gaming events, or game cafes and restaurants.
      Kickstarter table packages start at $599.00 for 3'x5' tables AC power and USB power outlets in two locations. You will have the correct regional power receptacles for your region.  Each table features an adjustable height play surface. Choose a shallow depth play surface of 1.5" or a deep play surface of 3.5".   You can also choose between three table heights: coffee table height, traditional height and counter-top height. Add modular decorations that swich out in an instant. Add full table covers which store inside table and become 4 desks! Many accessories like cup holder, card organizers, campaign screens and more are at your fingertips with the Table of Ultimate Gaming. Intelligent design and community feedback have created not just a game table, but a gaming system that adapts to your needs and style of play. Created from imagination, designed on computers and finished by hand, the Table of Ultimate Gaming is your gateway to a thousand adventures.

• By Arc 724
      Frodwine the Young by Red Box Games
      Sculpted by Tre Manor

I painted this one in an effort to cross two or three lines together; 1800 trapper, Final Fantasy wizard and Nordic(in terms of the way Tre Manor sculpted it). I wanted to try some OSL on this one so I went with making his eyes glow. I was "o.k" with the way it turned out. The base is a metal base from a set I got in the Box-of-goodwill a few boxes ago. I'm on a NMM kick right now so no TMM on this one. Over all I am luke-warm with out this turned out. The matte varnish (Vallejo) kind of glossed up for some reason when I sealed it... You live and learn. Hope you like it.

• Who's Online   42 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)