Sirithiliel

Bones 3 Shipwreck Golem

Got the base coat in place, starting to pick out the details now

i went with the same base colors that i did for my Kraken and Coraldrax, since I find it gives a good representation of something that's been underwater a long time

DSC03590.JPG

DSC03591.JPG

DSC03592.JPG

DSC03594.JPG

• Like 17

Well done! I really like it. Although I wonder how he reloads that cannon? Must be magic... you kno ooo owwww...

Wow I love the moldy weathered wood I want to go back to mine and do that it's awesome

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GreenBeams
      I finally finished it! 

• By GreenBeams
      Hello all!

I'm really trying to learn about sculpting for miniatures and here's my current project:

It's a Golem from artist Chris Walton

It's just at the Armature phase right now but i've started to block in my major shape masses. I'll post that when i get a bit further.

Any help/suggestions/direction on how to make this more viable for print at around 30mm would be most appreciated!

All the best, 
      Andrew Cothill

• By DMAgamus
      Hey all, DMAgamus here. It was the extra spoopy time of year again, and I always put on a special game to celebrate. WHat better thing to pain, then, than pieces from the graveyard expansion of bones 3. I present to you, the crypt at the edge of the wilds! The Halloweenies! ANd their minion, Pete the Grave Golem! Also, I've added on pics of the full board, for fun. It was a great time had by all.

Album link:Halloween Painting and Set Up

• By Thrym
      YAY!  Clearance items begotten from Game Kastle and I managed to find not one but TWO of the minis from my wishlist in their clearance!!  WOOOHOOO!

HERALD OF BLOOD
      This golem or construct of the gnomes from deep within the world is brilliantly painted by Martin Jones in the Reaper Catalog:

Painted by Martin Jones

And while I didn't want his work to influence mine I will be doing at least two things the same:

A.
      Glowing Runes and Eyes

B.
      Not Stone Spikes

I assembled this gentleman first with the idea of "full menacing pose" so both arms are over his head.

And amusingly, without referencing the above image, I swapped his arms.

So to start off, here he is Primed, Basecoated in Vallejo Game Color Yellow Olive and the Runes are in Vallejo Panzer Aces Stencil.

GOAL!!!!
      On the base, is a piece of slate and green stuff to simulate cavern floor.  Two fallen or unused mine supports are behind him.

What's next ... well, I think the final colors are going to be Purple / Black Granite with a Green under-color.
      The Runes will be a glowing Reaper Rach Red .

The Spikes will be converted into Crystals.  Which might entail some blunting of the ends to get a more crystalline appearance. 
      These crystals will ultimately be Red/Purple or Purple/Green to fit the theme so far.

ENJOY and Stay Tuned!
    • By Dilvish the Deliverer
      So, the other day, I had one of those ideas that spring into my head full formed.  I had been discussing a golem made out of books on a Facebook DM page, and saw someone ask for a Book Golem in the KS comment (i think it was David Brawley but I'm not wading through the comments to make sure).

So with this on my mind I suddenly knew what it would look like.  And I wanted to have someone summoning one.  And who better than our bibliophile Sophie?

The idea is to have her in the foreground perfoming the summoning.  Behind her will be a bookcase (or two depending on how I need to valence thing out) with a stream of books flying off the shelves taking shape into the golem.  I may add some scrolls and such as well if needed.

I started making the books tonight.  I'll be trying out several methods as I will need multiple varieties.

Here are 12 books using wood and card board

And here is our heroine along with a picture of the materials used so far.  Craft stick and cardboard from a blister pack.  Reduce, reuse recycle!
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)