Update on the Frost Giant King.

Cheers to the recommendation on Bases to replace the GW base! I have a slew of baes now for my projects. Plus this base is so much better. I hope to add more embellishment like rocks to match the Queen after I get this chap sorted.

So many smooth surfaces asking for textures.  Leather texture after the inner cloak is done. The spear shaft wood.grain has to wait until the end as the butt of the spear continues to be worn off during painting. The sword will be a session work in-and-of itself.

Enjoy!

IMG_20170728_211826743_HDR.jpg

• Like 12

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Yet another new mini, this time it's The Visarch, a mysterious Elfin knight.

I wasn't actually planning on starting him yet, but made a nice dark red mix for something else that I thought would look great on the inside of his cape:-

It's 1:1 Scarlett Red/Black > Black Wash > 1:1 Scarlett Red/Black > 1:1 Scarlett Red/Black with a brushtipful of Ochre Yellow.

Since this guy jumped the queue it could be a while before anything else happens to him.
    • By paedia
      Trista is one of my favorite sculpts; I really love that she is in practical (but still super cool) armor. I wasn't that keen on her existing sword, so I swapped it out for one of the swords on the sprues that came with Bones 3 (I think).

So far, I have some basic lighting blocked in and have done much of the work on her face and hair.

• By buckyball
      Here is a figure I painted for the game Rangers of Shadow Deep.

Buckyball 

• By Pochi
      I somehow forgot to post this guy when I finished him last year. I painted him shortly after I finished his queenly counterpart. I had some issues with the ice on the base so it didn't turn out exactly as I hoped but it's ok. Painting these big guys is sure a whole different experience to painting the "normal" sized minis.

• Who's Online   16 Members, 1 Anonymous, 111 Guests (See full list)