Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
evilcoatrack

Custom Mini: A bard and his cat

9 posts in this topic

Good to know that the hero forge plastic is getting better.

Also good job! Like the color balance alot. There is a nice tabby effect on the cat. 

4 people like this

He looks great. Is the wood grain on the guitar part of the sculpt or did you add that yourself? Nicely painted!

3 people like this

Very nice!

I like the setting, the mastermind who sends his minion to earn the money.

To be clear, the minion carries a sword.

5 people like this

11 hours ago, Pochi said:

He looks great. Is the wood grain on the guitar part of the sculpt or did you add that yourself? Nicely painted!

Thanks!  I added the wood grain.  I've done better grain before I think, but I didn't spend too much time on out because the client also wanted a gold design on the lute. 

2 people like this

That is the best looking Hero Forge piece I have seen. Your BEAUTIFUL choice of colors & FINE brushwork, of course, influenced my opinion I am sure. VERY WELL DONE!

2 people like this

The way you painted him totally accentuates the "sculpting".  If I were the client I'd be very happy.  ^_^

2 people like this

Beautiful color scheme! The wood grain and fur texture elevates this Miniature. Gorgeous NMM!

1 person likes this

That's a very good looking miniature, and you've done a wonderful paint job on him.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Weird-O
      In a recent campaign, my character was a dwarven bard...but it was decided he would be tone deaf.My idea of making him a beat-poet was quickly shot down, so I had to think of a different kind of performance. A moment of inspiration, some hacking of bits and attaching of Armorcast laser blasts, and thus was born my dwarf firedancer:

"Imma dance!"
    • By Cyradis
      I got my Stephanie Law KS pack from DSM. Its awesome. There are many more pieces to glue than in Reaper figures so I'm kinda worried about that. Anyway, onto the not so pressing but very fun matter. 

I had the honor of being the first one to get a goofed up package in the kickstarter. I got the male necromancer (arms and body), the arms of the male bard, and a second male necromancer body. DSM swiftly sent out a replacement bard, complete with a body and arms. 

Goal: The Necrobard

Now I have spare bard arms and a spare necromancer body. Dilemma: the arms are well, arms. The body needs a single arm. The socket is also not perfect due to slightly different clothing but it is darn close. The arm and the arm-hole that are needed are both at the elbow joint. 

How would you recommend taking the right hand off the lute so that the male necromancer can be holding a lute in front of him in his left hand? Thus he would become the necrobard, who would sing the dead back to life. 

• By ub3r_n3rd
      Just finished up with "Cadence", the figure is a modification of Dark Sword Miniatures Female Rogue (DSM-7437) where I cut off the dagger in the off-hand and added the lute from Reaper's Adventuring Accessories (02638) to make her into the party bard.

WIP Pics here - 

Anyhow enough chatter, here she is at my Tabletop+ standard:

Inspiration pic here -

Thanks for looking! C&C are welcomed and appreciated.
    • By Pochi
      These are a couple of the animal companion sets that I painted for one of my players (minus the spider which I have not finished yet).

I didn't want to paint the cat like a plain panther and I decided to use an ocelot as inspiration. My favorite is the little wolverine guy even though the photos make the river rocks look like pastel M&M's lol.

My usual background got ruined so I have to make do until I get a new one printed or buy a fancy one. The bear looks better in hand and I used blacks and browns in his fur so he doesn't look so flat as he does in the photos.

I am not happy with the fake snow and how it turned out. It looked really good when I put it on but not so good once the glue dried. I guess next time I will try baking soda and see how that works out. These are for gaming though so baking soda wouldn't have been the best choice probably.

Anyway, here they are! C&C welcome.

• By ub3r_n3rd
      It's been a while since I posted anything I'm working on, quite frankly I've not been working on anything the last couple of months, I ran outta steam on a couple of projects I was doing about 3/4 of the way through on them and will finish them (eventually). Anyhow, I'm working on 3 tabletop plus figures for 3 of my D&D group friends who are playing in my current campaign entitled "Broken Gods." All the characters were gods 5,000 years ago. Then the event happened, the peoples of the world stopped believing in them. They were cast down to the earth and have just now awoken... The PC's are all Demigods with extraordinary powers, but they have no memories of their former selves yet, they gain those as they progress and level up. 

The three PC's I'm currently working on are the party warlock, party eldritch knight and party bard. I have included inspiration pics of their characters they provided to me.

Bale the Eldritch Knight, god of thunder and battle - the figure is from the Minx kickstarter, I modified him by cutting off and filing off spikes that were protruding from his back and bare arm, I noticed he has 4 fingers, but this is so close of a figure to the pic that I ran with it.

Next is the party Warlock, Cairan (pronounced keer-awn). He's the god of death and war tactics, think Valkyrie. The figure is reaper 03505 (Karahl Farstep). He has an affinity with ravens so I took an eagle or hawk from one of the reaper bones familiar packs, mounted it on his shoulder and am painting it up as a raven.

Finally we have Cadence, the goddess of Sunlight and Music - she's the party bard. I took DSM-7437 (Female Rogue Dual Wield by Jeff Grace) and modified it, cutting off the dagger in her offhand, used a reaper accessories lute I had and attached to her side/hip under her arm.

If you've followed my WIPs before you know my method of priming is to prime everything in black first and then go back over it dry-brushing with white primer to pick out details and highlights. 

If you have questions, please ask and I'll continue to work on these for the next week or so. I don't want to put more than like 5-6 hours total in each figure, just enough to have a nice tabletop plus paint-job and to make them represent their characters in the game. Thanks for following along and please enjoy the ride!
  • Who's Online   25 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)