Sign in to follow this  
evilcoatrack

Custom Mini: A bard and his cat

Good to know that the hero forge plastic is getting better.

Also good job! Like the color balance alot. There is a nice tabby effect on the cat. 

• Like 4

He looks great. Is the wood grain on the guitar part of the sculpt or did you add that yourself? Nicely painted!

• Like 3

Very nice!

I like the setting, the mastermind who sends his minion to earn the money.

To be clear, the minion carries a sword.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Pochi said:

He looks great. Is the wood grain on the guitar part of the sculpt or did you add that yourself? Nicely painted!

Thanks!  I added the wood grain.  I've done better grain before I think, but I didn't spend too much time on out because the client also wanted a gold design on the lute. 

• Like 2

That is the best looking Hero Forge piece I have seen. Your BEAUTIFUL choice of colors & FINE brushwork, of course, influenced my opinion I am sure. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 2

That's a very good looking miniature, and you've done a wonderful paint job on him.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

This turned out to be a rough sculpt...

Kev!
      P.S. Sing it baby!
    • By evilcoatrack
      I've been fiddling with this character for months and finally finished him this weekend.  I'm using him as my player character in a Tomb of Annihilation campaign - he is Icewind Josen, half-elf rogue and relic hunter.

The whip was fun, but it makes him hard to fit into carrying cases for transport between gaming sessions!

• By TaleSpinner
      I have a private commission to sculpt a set of cats.  The client (a member of this forum) wants them as a gift for someone.  I don't want to go into a lot of details or show reference pictures in the case that that someone happens to see this post, but the client did give me permission to share this here. I'll let the client decide whether or not he/she wants to reveal him/herself.

The cats are to be 1 inch tall at the head if they were standing, which puts them roughly in scale for a 50 to 60 mm human.  One will be sitting and one loafing.  Here are the armatures with basic skulls, eyeballs, and underpinning.

• By 72moonglum
      So here's another homage figure I just finished.  Ral Partha back in the day did a few figures based on popular figures of the time. The dwarf samurai I did recently was one, and here is another one, Elvis, King of the Bards.

So hard to choose colors on him, so ended up kind of with a red, white and blue motif, kind of close to Fourth of July.  He has some really small circular eyes, but they turned out surprisingly well. When I was editing the photos and got a good look at them, they were actually pretty decently laced.  
      Anyhow, another great old Partha figure to enjoy!

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)