lexomatic

2015 Bones Kickstarter Sophie 77491

Sophie The Scholar looks WONDERFUL in a role I hadn't considered before. You did a FINE job with the painting & selected a LOVELY array of colors. VERY NICELY DONE!

• Like 2

I was about to say "its the 2017 sophie" when i realised...it took 2 years for bones to full fill so of course it was 2015. Lovely paint job! I really like the ombre hair!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KingMob said:

I love the freehand work! Great job!

It was my fifth option-I'm not skilled enough for what I wanted to do.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      So I'm going to be starting a dwarven reclamation campaign in the fall, and I had 2 copies of the Dwarf butcher. I though it would be perfect to do one as a living butcher (who I can also use as an NPC townie) and his barbarian ancestor spirit that I can put on the table when he's a ragin'.
      So far the living butcher is mostly done (need to do his base and some touchups - I don't know how all of you are doing the eyes, because I can't see them even with a visor), and the ghostly ancestor is mostly done minus the ghostly glow I'll be drybrushing later. I do have a few process pics to post.

• By Pingo
      I'm working up some modern adventurers. I've always rather liked the sort of British modness of this figure.

For Bones, I prime with some thinned-down Reaper Brown Liner, which both shows details and gives a paint-friendly surface for later layers to grip.

All paints used (after the primer) are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

Usually I rough in the skin first. This is pretty rough. It's a simple mix of Titanium White and Burnt Sienna, with a bit of pink mixed from Titanium White and Red Oxide. I left the eye socket with the primer showing. This figure kind of wants to be colored 1960's-style, with very dramatic eye makeup and almost invisible lips, but I think I will try something different.

• By Pochi
      I painted another little mouseling druid. I went with a darker, grumpier scheme with this one. I love painting the mouselings!

• By JGroeling
      Recently finished this for @Kangaroorex had a lot of fun playing with the spring theme and a monster. Also first time I've tried to build a flower (wire with paper wrapping for leaves, heavier paper for flower itself, and magicsculpt for some of the other details).

Mama Werecroc with baby Croc, watering a swampflower. 

• By Inarah
      I took the dragon challenge last year and chose this figure. Midway into the painting my vision changed entirely.  I still used the 3 chosen colors, but in a different way.  Very happy with how it came out.  Found the perfect base in my Bag of Crap, too. 

Sorry, camera lighting is not good.  He is not so muddy looking in person. 

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)