Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Glamberry

Bones 3 savage avatars: Rhino

28 posts in this topic

Ohhh - That is great! Wonderful paintjob. I love how that eye just looks excactly like a rhinos eye!

(I need to get that one, too! My brother loves rhinos. Have to paint one for his birthday.)

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Awesome!!
Well done.

As for the Elephant, many have a brown colour when they're wet or had a sandbath.

So maybe that could be helpful?

Funny+animal+pictures+African+elephants+

Edited by Glitterwolf
4 people like this

3 minutes ago, Knochensack said:

Ohhh - That is great! Wonderful paintjob. I love how that eye just looks excactly like a rhinos eye!

(I need to get that one, too! My brother loves rhinos. Have to paint one for his birthday.)

thanks! The savage avatars are one of my favourites from bones 3! Would love to see yours when its finished :D

3 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!!
Well done.

As for the Elephant, many have a brown colour when they're wet or had a sandbath.

So maybe that could be helpful?

Thank you! I haven't even thought of that! I was considering to make him almost black but then he'd colour clash with the gorilla. I don't know why i'm so set on making them all different colours xD

2 people like this

10 minutes ago, Glamberry said:

thanks! The savage avatars are one of my favourites from bones 3! Would love to see yours when its finished :D

Thank you! I haven't even thought of that! I was considering to make him almost black but then he'd colour clash with the gorilla. I don't know why i'm so set on making them all different colours xD

You're welcome.

I going to do the Hippo with browns and purples.

Look at some wildlife pics , I find nature has the best examples!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Really like what you;ve done with him. Great eye for detail!

---

Greys can also be made from two complementary colors. Well, most of the time... other times that comes out as a brown. So if you don't mind mixing colors having only two greys wouldn't limit you. However, sometimes mixing colors isn't preferable or feasible. 

Edited by Thes Hunter
2 people like this

The rhino looks great. You could consider giving the stone a brown wash of some sort. Rarely are rocks solely grey in color.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Really like what you;ve done with him. Great eye for detail!

---

Greys can also be made from two complementary colors. Well, most of the time... other times that comes out as a brown. So if you don't mind mixing colors having only two greys wouldn't limit you. However, sometimes mixing colors isn't preferable or feasible. 

Thank you! It's funny that you say that...When I started this hobby I painted with a friend that bought pretty much any and every shade. I just had a basic starter set and wondered why someone would buy all these slightly different shades when you could just mix them...until I started a wereshark and left him half done and then couldn't mix the same shades again for the life of me... twice. I don't trust myself enough to keep proper track of my mixing volumes xD

1 person likes this

I have 15 million shades cause Im lazy. Mixing means I have to be more careful with them drying out,  and depending on the palette, more clean up as well. Which is more time than dunking my brush into the already mixed paint.

or all of that could just be a load of broccoli I tell myself to justify me spending more money on new paints. :lol:

4 people like this

If you're willing to be whimsical about it, I totally vote for a pink or blue heffalump.

Nice job on the rhino!

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

I have 15 million shades cause Im lazy. Mixing means I have to be more careful with them drying out,  and depending on the palette, more clean up as well. Which is more time than dunking my brush into the already mixed paint.

or all of that could just be a load of broccoli I tell myself to justify me spending more money on new paints. :lol:

One can never have enough paints. I mean basically you can't mix different brands cause the paint have such different properties and finishes that already is very limiting! *cough* 

19 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

If you're willing to be whimsical about it, I totally vote for a pink or blue heffalump.

Nice job on the rhino!

I was planning the hippo in a nice purple :D 

I do have a bluegrey that's very tempting!

2 people like this

24 minutes ago, Glamberry said:

One can never have enough paints. I mean basically you can't mix different brands cause the paint have such different properties and finishes that already is very limiting! *cough* 

You can totally mix brands, I do it all the time.

I have a little notebook that I use to write down my paint recipes. Most of the time I remember to write them down if I make a color I really like and think I might want to use again.

As for only having two greys, you can easily add blue, purple, red, brown, black, white, etc to make different colors.

Even if not whimsical, a dark purple makes a nice shadow, and a blue grey makes a nice mid tone for 'grey' things. 

As I am sure you know, what color we see all depends on what colors are around it.

same-color-illusion.jpg

Colors A and B are exactly the same color. Don't believe me, load the image up in a photo editor, and copy and paste each square side by side. They are the same. 

3 minutes ago, Pochi said:

You can totally mix brands, I do it all the time.

I have a little notebook that I use to write down my paint recipes. Most of the time I remember to write them down if I make a color I really like and think I might want to use again.

As for only having two greys, you can easily add blue, purple, red, brown, black, white, etc to make different colors.

I think she (Glamberry) was being sarcastic. (but perhaps I'm wrong. :unsure:

@Glamberry - btw, nice sparkly nail polish. 

8 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

I think she (Glamberry) was being sarcastic. (but perhaps I'm wrong. :unsure:

Ah, first thing in the morning here, pre-coffee. Brain is still on "warming up"!

2 people like this

@Pochi - Aye. Mondays will do that to you. Happy Monday!! Hope the coffee comes soon!

1 person likes this