Nightwing

Sea Ghost, Pirate Ship

11 posts in this topic

This is so awesome! I love your story as well.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Nightwing said:

Here is the finished Sea Ghost. This is the ship detailed in the AD&D module U1, The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh. I have worked her up to-scale, 1" = 5'. Each deck is separable so that below deck action can be carried out. The bottom deck can be flipped over to show the bilge floor plan. I've put a 1" grid on each deck and painted in the walls and doors.  You can see the WIP photos in the WIP forum if you're interested. 

I'm considering making a sloop and a treasure galley, too. But if I do that won't be for a couple months. Need to take a break and dig up some nice deck plans. 

I hope you like her!  My group begins a pirates D&D game this week!  The game begins with our characters having just been dumped off in Jamaica for various offenses committed in England. My character, Simon Kershaw, was a shipwright's assistant in England. When the Master shipwright used (and took credit for) one of Simon's ideas for an improvement to a ship design, Simon set fire to the ship before it left the harbor, thus earning himself a spot aboard the prison ship...

Suggestions for improvement welcome!

IMG_0673.JPG

IMG_0674.JPG

IMG_0675.JPG

I really love what you did. It's a great inspiration. 

I can't see how you handled the secret doors.

BTW U1 was the 1st module I ever bought. It will always have a special spot in my heart. I think is also why I am always looking for cargo terrain items. Gotta make high stacks of them!

Edited by Thes Hunter
11 people like this

Posted (edited)

I left the "S" indicators off of the floor plan where the secret doors are. I figured that if I actually run tSSoSM adventure again and use this ship for that section of the module, the secret doors wouldn't be right there staring the players in the face. 

It it is a great module!  I remember my big brother running that adventure with me and my friends. The haunted house and the ship are both deeply embedded in my memory. 

Edited by Nightwing
3 people like this

You did an excellent job on her!

10/10, would go to sea on

3 people like this

awesome.

1 person likes this

I really want to build my own ship now...  You did a great job in the WIP, as I recall.  Here's the link to the WIP for anyone who's not skilled with forum fu:  http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/75565-sea-ghost-a-to-scale-pirate-ship-pic-heavy/

I've got a group doing Savage Tide and I'm pretty sure I'm going to need a full ship mock-up for that adventure path.  ::D: 

2 people like this

Well done!

Great modular ship!

1 person likes this

I love the ship. It makes me want to try making my own models for terrain, etc...

1 person likes this

I'm glad you like it!  I'm meditating on a sloop to do next. 

1 person likes this

great job

1 person likes this