Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ub3r_n3rd

Shazirah - an ub3r Showoff

10 posts in this topic

Amazing! I'm sure she will be very pleased with that gift!

1 person likes this

Very nice. Especially for 8 hours of work.

1 person likes this

Thanks glam and thes!

1 person likes this

Great Gift!!!

1 person likes this

Great gift.  My brother would have to give me a month's notice though... 

2 people like this

50 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Great gift.  My brother would have to give me a month's notice though... 

Thank you! I've been in a tear recently. In the zone. Hopefully I can sustain it and kick out quite a few more figures. 

56 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Great Gift!!!

Thanks!

2 people like this

nice job

1 person likes this

On 7/31/2017 at 0:41 PM, Tjrez said:

nice job

Thank you ::):

That's pretty sweet, Ub3r!

Cool present.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      WARNING NUDITY so LINKS.

EDIT:
       Since Photbucket got Evil I linked my Putty and Paint Page here:

http://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/15073

This is my first take on a bust. It's from Kabuki 1/6 scale.
      Since she's a Not Red Sonja, I gave her warpaint like Conan has.

I tried a freehand tattoo, it's supposed to be a stylized Dragon/Snake eating his own tail.

I had loads of fun painting her.

Here Is my WIP if interested.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/62241-ky-ra-bust-16-kabuki-by-xherman1964/

• By KingMob
      For your consideration: Reaper Bones miniature Female Anti-Paladin.

It wasn't until I started on my idea for the shield that I realized that *it* was the Main Character. Not exactly a daemon-possessed sword, but a symbiotic relationship none-the-less. Extravagant tone with bright, decadent colors. She-Hulk for the hair.  Massive Voodoo for the dots. (More dots!) My cat Zen for the eyes. (He's a Tom.) Lots of non-textured areas to tell a story. Great player character or reoccurring NPC. 
      A lesson of extreme - in Color and form. The armor was protective but the clothing was tattered like a torn mesh bodysuit. Heavy straps encircled limbs and the armored boots formed like hooves. Toothy maw adornment on the armor hints at hunger. A very introspective Pin-Up.

I hope you enjoy. :)

• By Darcstaar

This is was my entry for the 4th quarterly Reaper Facebook contest.  It was good enough for 3rd place!

There were so many well painted models, and awesome interpretations.

As I was planning it, my starting idea was copper nmm.  I didn't want the typical verdigris.  Then I thought a bluish or purple to counter the orange, so that got me thinking Drow with purple glazed into her shadows. 

Then I took that farther to try to get OSL in her eyes, shield, and base as if she was casting 'protection from good' or something.

Sadly, the OSL was saved to the end when I ran out of time.  So I tried a bright rim around those areas, then a purple glaze.  It wasn't striking enough for my tastes, but ... deadlines!

So, I hope you like her.

Sorry if the photo is blurry, it's a cell phone screen grab.

C&C welcome.
    • By ub3r_n3rd
      For my Broken Gods D&D game, I've painted up all the figures for my group and am now getting around to painting up their mounts and animal companions. 

First off we have Bagheera, the Panther based off artwork in the spoiler. Bagheera is the animal companion of the party's monk/ranger and normally it is a standard medium-sized panther that he can use to fight along side him, but the panther can grow into this large mount when needed.

Next is the Golden Lion, the mount of the party's bard, based on the artwork below:

Next is the Nightmare for the party's warlock, based on the artwork below:

I painted up the standard medium sized panther to use when it is needed. The monk/ranger also gained a (perhaps) temporary follower in "Jim the Brown Bear" which I also decided to paint up for this adventure and future adventures as a companion or just standard bear.

All of these are painted up tabletop to tabletop+ standards. I didn't want to put too much work into them as they are just meant to be on the tabletop and not to be put into any contests.

Larger panther and the lion are the lioness and lion from Bones 3. The smaller panther and the brown bear are bones animal companions. The Nightmare is from one of Tre's kickstarters. It has a barbarian that goes on the saddles, which of course I omitted here and I'll either toss the barbarian in the BOGW or put him in the melt bin at ReaperCon now that he's not really needed and I covered the hole in the saddle where he would normally attach.

There's one missing mount, a silver and black fox that I may also paint up for the 4th member of the group. She paints minis too, so I'm thinking I'll give her a wolf figure that looks very foxlike to have her do it herself especially since I have so many other projects I need to finish up on this month.

Anyhow, C&C are welcomed and appreciated!

EDIT!!

Adding more pics of the figures in more close-up shots for each one.

• By Pingo
      By itself this figure is 02863: Female Werewolf by James van Schaik, but to be clear I got mine as part of the set 03495: DHL Classics: Lady Lycanthropes. I have two copies, but of course they are sold singly.

It's an evocative little figure, with a slim build and fur suggestive of long hair. The tail is a separate piece which was too thin for my pinning skills, so it is simply glued on.

I decided to paint these two in realistic wolf style. - That is, colored as real wolves would be, though distorted.

After cleaning up mold lines, I prepared them by priming thinly with Titanium White and washing over with Burnt Umber.

I also threw a quick green on the bases mixed from Yellow Oxide, Hansa Yellow and a small amount of Carbon Black (yellow + black is a fun and unexpected way to make bright greens!).

Those broccoli bases caused me endless trouble.  Note the tiny white specks on them?  Those are tiny pits where the paint didn't take. I will eventually come to spend all sorts of time poking with specially thinned paint and tiny brushes trying to eliminate those white spots.
  • Who's Online   30 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)