SamuraiJack

Zealot Miniatures Minotaurs

About this project

28280b7b0b5f5bfed2b9c49931cdc03a_origina

Our continued goal is to create the next-level of miniatures for your games and painting. More detailed, more dynamic, more characterful and better than before. We are pushing things forward. Because, as every painter or gamer knows - these are not toys; this is miniature art!

It has been a while since nearly 1,000 kind gamers worldwide helped us bring to life  TC: Fantasy Dungeon Terrain, back on KS, in 2014. Now we have returned, we are ready to raise the bar once again with a new range of models. With these, we have the scope to really show off how proper resin models should look. Welcome, adventurer, to the Minotaur Horde!

827f167ebafb151b70c7bcd950051f2e_origina

A lot of companies focus on budget value, and that's good, if good value is what you want. More models for your money, buckets of models cast in PVC plastic, spin-cast 'restic' models. Cheaper production, corners cut. You get more mediocre models than you could ever paint or really appreciate. Familiar, right? I know ;) 
Now these Minos are a little bit different, these are the kind of high detail miniatures which will get a "Wow" from your gamer friends when you reveal them. Miniatures which you will want to paint and will want to keep in your collection forever.

35860497c3408c781482c76465b8ef59_origina

We are making miniatures with the best blend of new and old. New, cutting-edge 3D Printing for the sharpest details around. Old, tried and tested vacuum casting, the same method perfected over the last 30 years, for the best quality cast models. 
Our last KS received high praise on the model's quality and phenomenal detail. But this time we really have the scope to spare no expense and truly show off what we can do on these fearsome Minotaurs.

e6a4e2e390aedb2b0ee7e45df8e71dcb_origina

Minotaurs are the perfect race to begin on our quest to modernize, since only a few of them are needed to make a warband. We can lavish attention on a dozen or so models and produce a concise campaign with a quick delivery.

12d611fe038a15f9c99776e6dbe33869_origina

On one side, there is the production; over the years, Zealot has built a reputation for making stunningly detailed models. We have worked with many big-name miniature companies, producing their models, all behind the scenes. If you have supported many miniature kickstarters before, you likely have some of our casts already! 
But the awesome level of detail possible is all moot, without some stunningly detailed artwork for us to produce! ...

a98c57980658d1d20de523d6433937c2_origina

So we have teamed up with Alexei Popovici, who is an industry sculpting veteran and one of the most talented model sculptors working today. He not only produces great sculpts which looks superb as a render on your huge PC screen - but it transfers well into an actual model, where all the details are clear and possible to paint.

a884e68626c6c35ec24b7a2852ea50d9_origina

Superb renders indeed! Superb renders indeed!

ed6d660149d645331aa2432eff4e07c6_origina

55eb94415ab4c6cd7ef32e205e68c96f_origina

Choose your miniatures from these core selections. If you wish to pick them as further Add-Ons, the cost is displayed on each image.

06ad3960beb06b056d58a711e941e9da_origina

(For the Adventurers, there are more views of castings coming soon)

6f9cd4b251aa6cc6ffd559c876b364a1_origina
cab7f75bf6bf23797e69d4c48ce31c6b_origina

2e9427a6d9e27025df265525776b977f_origina

2c0a95030978d2d14d40d07ab4ef38be_origina

6dcb78ae8b05ad64e3b632af26a65808_origina

ce6b09305a90ca4d62c3e757e4684a1c_origina

Edited by SamuraiJack
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Has this KS started?  When does it start?

Soon?  they haven't given a date yet

1 hour ago, pcktlnt said:

I don't know anything about this manufacturer.

They do a lot of casting and printing and even some sculpting for other companies.. they've done a fairly large terrain KS too

• Like 2

They were a bit late on fulfilling, but they did. I decided not to back because I had some concerns (I almost pledged $500, and then decided I'd grab them at retail because I was concerned it might be getting too large.) I was wrong, and they did fulfill, and the stuff is up for sale on their website.

I am sure there are some around here who got fulfillment, and they can comment on the quality, but my remembrance everyone was pretty happy. 

• Like 2

ooooh nice.....I do love a minotaur.....my favourites so far are the Avatars of War ones, but these may push them off the top slot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, talion78 said:

ooooh nice.....I do love a minotaur.....my favourites so far are the Avatars of War ones, but these may push them off the top slot.

There was an Ilyad Games one that I would LOVE to get my hands on.  That one is tops for me, with the Confrontation ones very close behind.

I backed Twisting Catacombs with a pretty substantial pledge.. around $250.  Was a bit delayed but did deliver, and had amazing quality casts.

Not sure I'll be in on this one, depends on the price point, but I would have no doubt as to their ability to fulfill.  Twisting Catacombs was maaaasssiivve, and they got through that.  Something like this with a much tighter offering should be no problem.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack

About

Through this project we want to launch a new diorama available in two different scales: 32mm and 75mm. All the figures will be casted in high quality resin as always.
      Our brand explores uncommon fantasy themes, nature and myths. This time we decided to dedicate a diorama to the WINTER season and in particular to the suggestive and fascinating natural spectacle of Northern Lights. The Penguin King has traveled from Antarctica to the Arctic lands in search of the entrance of the legendary kingdom of Agarthi....
       PLAY  
      As every miniatures collector know, miniatures aren't simple toys, they are pieces of art. For this reason, we have carefully taken care of all the development of this scene sculpted by Andrey Loktionov and based on a digital painting of Stefano Moroni.
      The sculpt is done, ready to be casted.
      If the project will be funded, the diorama will be painted by Aleksandra Cvetanovski (32mm version) and Mirko Cavalloni (75mm version).

• By BSGTony

About this project

Click here to visit the project on Kickstarter

Cities, castles, and fortresses are some of the main areas an adventurer is sure to encounter during an adventure. Now with your help, we can bring these modular tiles into life, and you will be able to build any areas by using them in no time!

These sets include many double-sided, amazingly detailed 6x6 inch sized tiles in both physical and digital formats, and will provide you a more thrilling gaming experience while you are sitting around a table or having fun online with your friend. 

Play a more atmospheric game 

The areas are on double-sided tiles with seamless borders that make it possible to mix them with each other. Furthermore, the cut-out doors, wall and corner pieces (where these are available) will provide you more modularity and freedom. If you are the type who likes the wonderful and breathtaking visual worlds of movies and games, then you can relive them on your gaming nights sitting around a table in your home (or online) with your friends.

Features of the digital version:
      More than 300 tiles (150 different area + their alternate version) Easy to print PDF files, print out as many tiles as you need for your game! You’ll get them in 300 dpi, high-quality format Small printer-friendly draft tiles to help you plan your areas  JPG files that you can use in online Virtual Tabletop programs   
      Features of the printed card-tile version:
      Double sided and UV coated durable tiles with the night version on their other sides where it is suitable. If that has no sense (because it is an underground or inside area), the other side of the tile will contain the empty un-furnished version  A total of 150 modular gaming tiles which you can use for many adventures You can draw on them with wet-erase markers Cut-out elements like doors and gates  Scenic, lovingly crafted graphics that your gamers will love for sure and will make your gaming nights more thrilling
      Portable sets you can easily take with you anywhere And you can spend more time with the adventure and NPCs instead of seeking new maps to the different adventures
        + Free unlocked stretch goal extras to extend these core sets

Sample:

You can see more on the project page, here.
    • By Harwood Hobbies
      Hello!  I have started a Kickstarter for ten unique 28mm sculpts of people that are turning into....things.  Great for Call of Cthulhu or whatever game needs a gribbly monster.

Thanks for looking!

• By Gadgetman!
      About
      Help us colorize the original Black and White Gold Digger series by creator Fred Perry.   If you're not familiar with us, my name is Joeming Dunn, and I run Antarctic Press, a small, independent comic company started in 1984. I have personally collected comics of almost every type and genre since 1974, and I can say that during the past 30 years, we have published some of the greatest and best independent comics out there. Our publishing history includes titles like Gold Digger and Ninja High School. The comic industry has changed over the years, so we have started this Kickstarter program to help introduce new projects from our talented group of creators. You may have seen some of other successful and fulfilled campaigns.  
      Over the years, we have published a number of series. Prominent among these is Fred Perry's ingenious title, Gold Digger, which Fred describes as a mixture of Indiana Jones and Final Fantasy. The idea for Gold Digger was first conceived during Fred's tour of duty in the first Gulf War, and it debuted in Antarctic Press's anthology comic, Mangazine, in 1991. A four-issue miniseries followed in 1992, and a regular monthly black-and-white series followed starting in 1993. The current color series began in 1999 and has continued since then. It is the second-longest-running solo-created title in the industry. In 2013, Fred was honored at Comic Con International in San Diego, where he received an Inkpot Award for his work on Gold Digger. One of our most frequently received fan requests over the years is, "When can I see the original black-and-white series of Gold Digger in color?" 
      Getting a book colored is not an easy proposition due to the cost and time involved, and both of those commodities are scarce in the independent publishing world. But with Kickstarter, it is now possible to achieve that goal. We experimented with a previous Kickstarter (Gold Brick #7), and due to its success, we were able to color the first two issues of the black-and-white series. So back in June of 2016 we ran the first part of this campaign and we were able to COLORIZE 5 ISSUES. So out of the 50 Black and White issues that have been released in the past, a total of 12 have been colorized thus far. Here is a small sample of what was done. Below are original and colored pages from Gold Digger #6 (which was colorized in some of our previous Kickstarter).

What we would like to do is to continue this process with issue #13 of the series, since the first 12 issues are already funded. 
      Here is a PDF link for Gold Digger #13...
      http://antarcticpresslibrary.com/gdbw/gdbw13.pdf
      The money collected will go to paying the colorist to perform the task of coloring. And for each $1200 we collect beyond the first, we will color the next issue. For instance, if we collect a total of $2300 with this campaign, we will then proceed to color issue #14; if we collect at least $3400, we'll have issue #15 colored, and so forth and so on. Supporters will receive the PDFs of each completed issue that is colored plus the issues that have already been colored. Wouldn't you like to see the many great Gold Digger moments in color? Theo versus the Lich King, the first appearance of the Leprechaun mecha, Ace's 747 battle against Dark Bird, Gina and Penny's wedgie war, the first appearance of Ryan, and the epic Time Warp saga are but a few of stories that can be eventually colorized.  
    • By Gadgetman!
      About
      The concept for Mother of Dragons was born a few years ago.
      I still recall seeing the beautiful illustration made by Stéphane Wootha Richard posted on his Facebook profile and I fell in love with her immediately – I knew immediately that I wanted to bring her to life in miniature form.
      Fortunately, Stéphane was also very excited about the idea of a collaboration.
      We were inspired and driven to start working on the project that we both felt so passionate about and now, with much pride we can finally share this project with you all.

What you see here required 2 years of committed development, during which time, our team has created and implemented many variants until we made of it a full range, indeed in addition to the varied scale of the main subject , you will find unique versions such as the bust or the lovely "super deformed" miniature. In fact, this is the characteristic of all of our Kickstarter campaigns — we always enjoy experimenting with new products and offering you something you've never seen before.
      Every successful kickstarter campaign enable us to share our dreams with the most supportive community in the world.

In Mother of Dragons you will find exciting new figures as well as numerous artefacts (artefacts? – I hear you say. Exactly)! Be ready for an ancient Dragon Jar, or a real dragon’s tooth. One thing is certain. They will not be the only exclusives to catch your attention.

Now with your continued help and support; it’s time to bring this project to life!
      So why support this project?
      Well, first because you’re a hobbyist and a modeller and you can’t wait to lay your hands on a new figure.
      Second, because the Mother of Dragons will also appeal to your collector’s side; she will be the “queen” of your showcase, no matter the scale, you choose.
      Apart from the main subject of this campaign, as usual, we’re offering great deals, rewards, add-ons and freebies, indeed Kabuki Studio places great importance to Kickstarter and for this reason the benefits/conditions offered will never be seen again outside the campaign, not even in the pledge manager/late backer's option.

More views of our 1/8 Mother Of Dragons

and some close-up

In PDF format, you will qualify for guides related to your pledge’s scale; i.e. If you backed “Baby Dragon” pledge level, you will receive the painting guide for the 1/50 version; if instead you backed for “Dragon Host” you will receive them all. The artists in charge are:
      Riccardo Agostini (Italy) – 1/50 scale
      Keigo Murakami (Japan) – 1/24 scale
      Arnau Lazaro Azcarate (Spain) – bust (1/8 scale)
      Keigo Murakami (Japan) – 1/8 scale (full figure)
      You qualify for the guide even you have required the painted versions. Please be sure to provide a valid email address.

No extra shipping costs for that reward. It’s a digital content. This is a FREE reward.
      A5 (21,0x14,8cm) print, each copy is hand numbered and signed by the character designer Stéphane Wootha Richard.
      Printed on a lavish hard-paper it will look terrific framed and hanging on the wall of your hobby room!

No extra shipping costs for that reward.
      This is a FREE reward.

Your support is awesome! We want to thank you by offering the awesome “Dragon queen” at a crazy price:
      KUBP16 Dragon Queen full retail price 30,00euro - vault price 15,00euro You just need to add the amount of money for the extra model(s) to your current pledge.

Extra shipping costs, if needed, will be calculated at the end of the campaign through our pledge manager.
      This reward will be offered ONLY during the Kickstarter campaign

This reward upgrade your Mother Of Dragons to a mini diorama perfect matching the original artwork.
      Get the dragon bones and dress-up your base!
      This reward is available for all the scales (but not for the bust), you will receive it accordingly to your pledge.

This is a FREE reward.
      Made of real beech wood, then hand finished and painted they are the ideal “frame” for your Mother Of Dragons; offered for the 1/50, 1/24 and 1/8 scale versions.
      Each plinth comes with a little extra:
      1/50 scale +5euro (plinth measures: 6x4cm 1,8cm height)
      1/24 scale +8euro (plinth measures: 14,5x8,5cm 2,3cm height)
        1/8 scale +19euro (full figure only, not the bust - plinth measures: 28x15cm 2,3cm height)

You just need to add the amount of money for the extra items to your current pledge.
      An awesome real metal tag to attach on your wooden plinth.
      We will create 3 different tags in order to perfectly match each one of the 3 different plinths.

This is a FREE reward if you have the wooden plinth in your pledge. Otherwise you can buy the display background by adding 1euro to your donation.
        EDIT: REMOVED €12000 Stretch Goal Picture.     Your support is awesome!
      You’re showing you really love our figures, so we give you access to a selection of 75mm models offered at a crazy price!

KUB7502 Ky-rà full retail price 50,00euro vault price 25,00euro
      KUB7503 Dark Siren full retail price 60,00euro vault price 30,00euro KUB7504 Anne Bonny full retail price 50,00euro vault price 25,00euro KUB7505 Vixen Lord full retail price 50,00euro vault price 25,00euro
      You just need to add the amount of money for the extra models to your current pledge.

Extra shipping costs, if needed, will be calculated at the end of the campaign through our pledge manager.
      This reward will be offered ONLY during the Kickstarter campaign

A beautiful and useful pine wood box with sliding cover, measures are: 21x21x11cm that’s an ideal display solution for you 1/24 and 1/50 Mother Of Dragons also the 1/8 bust fits in very well.
      Each wooden box costs 9,5euro.
      You just need to add the amount of money for the extra item(s) to your current pledge.

Taken directly from the original artwork it’s the ideal background for your Mother Of Dragons!
      Printed and die cut in order to fit the wooden box it will be the perfect frame for your precious model.

This is a FREE reward if you have the wooden box in your pledge. Otherwise you can buy the display background by adding 3euro to your donation.

“It is said that few mortal souls ever dared to drink that foul liquor and that even fewer survived to tell about it!”

This unique reward is made of a precious Japanese glass bottle.
      We will post the bottle empty and ready to be used with any liquid.
      The rear label will be customized with your name as one of the few mortals who drank it and still breathe.
      Due to the very particular nature of this item we can offer only one, it will go to a random backer (except for pledge level 1)
      This is a FREE reward.

Community stretch goals unlock things on the Kickstarter campaign when we reach social media milestones.
      For example reaching a certain amount of supporters, or likes and shares will open up a new stretch goal.

Everyone who backs the campaign is encouraged to take part in all the community stretch goals because the more people pledge in the Kickstarter, the more cool things people will get!
      PVC sticker “Mother Of Dragons” for all the backers.
      This is a FREE reward for all the pledge levels except the first.
      KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE!

What is this, and how does it work I hear you say?
      Well it’s simple. At some point during the campaign we will show some super-secret stuff that isn’t quite ready yet. You, as Kickstarter backers will have the exclusive first chance to grab some of this cool stuff.

Any funds gathered from this boost will be added to the total campaign fund and will also go towards unlocking goodies for the qualifying pledges

It’s simple, we need your support in order to fund the project and unlock all the amazing items we’ve designed!
      To donate, select a pledge amount and reward on either the right-hand side of a project page or after clicking the “Back this project” button and selecting “Continue”. From here you’ll be taken to a page where you can continue as a guest, or login if you already have an account.
      If you would like to continue as a guest, just enter your email address and select “Continue as Guest”.
      Next, fill in your payment details and take a minute to review your pledge details. When you’re ready, just click the green “Pledge” button and the job is done! Easy, isn’t it?

During the campaign, thanks to your help, we will unlock several new rewards so you may want to review your current pledge, well how do you do that? To change your pledge amount, visit the project page and click the “Manage your pledge" button that appears next to your pledge amount and then select "Change your pledge" on the following page.
      From here, you’ll be able to adjust your pledge amount or choose a new reward tier you'd like to pledge for and your pledge amount will update automatically.
      If you don't want to receive a reward, select "Make a pledge without a reward" and enter your new pledge amount. Alternatively, you may change your pledge amount within the reward tier modal.

Note: you are not adding to your existing pledge; the amount you enter will be the total amount collected if the project is successfully funded.
      Everything will be dispatched from Roma (Italy).
      You don’t have to be worried about customs tax because we’ll provide a special invoice for that purpose.
      All the pledges will be posted through DHL Express and the delivery time is brutally fast!
      18-24 hours for Europe
      2-3 days for rest of the world (customs clearance included)
      So even the delivery time is a “problem solved”.
      Average costs:
      up to 1kg to Europe 14.50 Euro
      up to 1kg to USA/Canada 19.50 Euro
      up to 1kg to Asia 31.50 Euro
      up to 1kg to Australia/South America 38.50 Euro
      We removed “Poste Italiane” from the carriers choice because the price difference is almost zero and the reliability of that carrier is particularly low, that means you could save 3 or 4 euro from shipping cost, but have great delays in your delivery or pay more in custom taxes, or even have the parcel lost.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)