SamuraiJack

Zealot Miniatures Minotaurs

About this project

28280b7b0b5f5bfed2b9c49931cdc03a_origina

Our continued goal is to create the next-level of miniatures for your games and painting. More detailed, more dynamic, more characterful and better than before. We are pushing things forward. Because, as every painter or gamer knows - these are not toys; this is miniature art!

It has been a while since nearly 1,000 kind gamers worldwide helped us bring to life  TC: Fantasy Dungeon Terrain, back on KS, in 2014. Now we have returned, we are ready to raise the bar once again with a new range of models. With these, we have the scope to really show off how proper resin models should look. Welcome, adventurer, to the Minotaur Horde!

827f167ebafb151b70c7bcd950051f2e_origina

A lot of companies focus on budget value, and that's good, if good value is what you want. More models for your money, buckets of models cast in PVC plastic, spin-cast 'restic' models. Cheaper production, corners cut. You get more mediocre models than you could ever paint or really appreciate. Familiar, right? I know ;) 
Now these Minos are a little bit different, these are the kind of high detail miniatures which will get a "Wow" from your gamer friends when you reveal them. Miniatures which you will want to paint and will want to keep in your collection forever.

35860497c3408c781482c76465b8ef59_origina

We are making miniatures with the best blend of new and old. New, cutting-edge 3D Printing for the sharpest details around. Old, tried and tested vacuum casting, the same method perfected over the last 30 years, for the best quality cast models. 
Our last KS received high praise on the model's quality and phenomenal detail. But this time we really have the scope to spare no expense and truly show off what we can do on these fearsome Minotaurs.

e6a4e2e390aedb2b0ee7e45df8e71dcb_origina

Minotaurs are the perfect race to begin on our quest to modernize, since only a few of them are needed to make a warband. We can lavish attention on a dozen or so models and produce a concise campaign with a quick delivery.

12d611fe038a15f9c99776e6dbe33869_origina

On one side, there is the production; over the years, Zealot has built a reputation for making stunningly detailed models. We have worked with many big-name miniature companies, producing their models, all behind the scenes. If you have supported many miniature kickstarters before, you likely have some of our casts already! 
But the awesome level of detail possible is all moot, without some stunningly detailed artwork for us to produce! ...

a98c57980658d1d20de523d6433937c2_origina

So we have teamed up with Alexei Popovici, who is an industry sculpting veteran and one of the most talented model sculptors working today. He not only produces great sculpts which looks superb as a render on your huge PC screen - but it transfers well into an actual model, where all the details are clear and possible to paint.

a884e68626c6c35ec24b7a2852ea50d9_origina

Superb renders indeed! Superb renders indeed!

ed6d660149d645331aa2432eff4e07c6_origina

55eb94415ab4c6cd7ef32e205e68c96f_origina

Choose your miniatures from these core selections. If you wish to pick them as further Add-Ons, the cost is displayed on each image.

06ad3960beb06b056d58a711e941e9da_origina

(For the Adventurers, there are more views of castings coming soon)

6f9cd4b251aa6cc6ffd559c876b364a1_origina
cab7f75bf6bf23797e69d4c48ce31c6b_origina

2e9427a6d9e27025df265525776b977f_origina

2c0a95030978d2d14d40d07ab4ef38be_origina

6dcb78ae8b05ad64e3b632af26a65808_origina

ce6b09305a90ca4d62c3e757e4684a1c_origina

Edited by SamuraiJack
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Has this KS started?  When does it start?

Soon?  they haven't given a date yet

1 hour ago, pcktlnt said:

I don't know anything about this manufacturer.

They do a lot of casting and printing and even some sculpting for other companies.. they've done a fairly large terrain KS too

• Like 2

They were a bit late on fulfilling, but they did. I decided not to back because I had some concerns (I almost pledged $500, and then decided I'd grab them at retail because I was concerned it might be getting too large.) I was wrong, and they did fulfill, and the stuff is up for sale on their website.

I am sure there are some around here who got fulfillment, and they can comment on the quality, but my remembrance everyone was pretty happy. 

• Like 2

ooooh nice.....I do love a minotaur.....my favourites so far are the Avatars of War ones, but these may push them off the top slot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, talion78 said:

ooooh nice.....I do love a minotaur.....my favourites so far are the Avatars of War ones, but these may push them off the top slot.

There was an Ilyad Games one that I would LOVE to get my hands on.  That one is tops for me, with the Confrontation ones very close behind.

I backed Twisting Catacombs with a pretty substantial pledge.. around $250.  Was a bit delayed but did deliver, and had amazing quality casts.

Not sure I'll be in on this one, depends on the price point, but I would have no doubt as to their ability to fulfill.  Twisting Catacombs was maaaasssiivve, and they got through that.  Something like this with a much tighter offering should be no problem.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DungeonWorks
        Game Decor has partnered with a very talented 3D artist under the banner of “DungeonWorks” and has lauched a Kickstarter for a new line of high resolution 3D printer files for modular dungeons and accessories. There are currently 3 lines of models with a total of 7 uniquely themed dungeons containing over 400 models planned for release. The first line consists of locations of classic encounters, such as the gothic stone dungeon, the dank caverns, and the half timbered town, all of which is easily compatible among the majority of fantasy settings. The second line is inspired by iconic computer based dungeon crawling role playing games where legendary settings are yours to design. The third line is driven by a high fantasy setting with tales of epic proportions. Several more themes and expansions for each line are planned to be released afterwards.

We are live now on Kickstarter

A little info about the 3 lines

“Classic Encounters” includes all your generic, classic settings. Basic dungeon, taverns, caves, city streets.

“Vintage Vault” is about recreating those classic video games and even board games. Everything in the game is recreated here in tile form. Relive the adventures of old or create new ones.

“Lost Realms” are deluxe sets. They're created just like a D&D module. There is an adventure theme already set out for a DM to build upon. So, these sets are heavily themed for instant adventuring.

One thing unique about my series is that all the dungeons come with a detailed center piece entrance to really set the mood for a might adventure.

I'd really like some feedback on what players and DMs would like to see. I've been in the RPG hobby since childhood and created a lot of this from a players perspective. I have around 200 free rewards to give out during the KS, but I'd really like to hear from you for more ideas.

Please note, these are NOT Openlock models. This project has been in the works for more than a year, well before openlock was even released.

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      This is a campaign to fund the launch of a set of 28mm Shambling Mound models for RPG and tabletop games. I have sculpted two adult Shamblers and a young Shambler. Initially the two adults will be offered for the campaign.
      If we are able to hit the £1000 stretch goal for the campaign it will unlock the Young Shambler miniature.
      If unlocked this figure will be added FREE to all backers.
      This is a World Wide campaign with the postage as follows:
      United Kingdom 4GBP, Europe 5GBP and Rest of the World 6GBP.
      Campaign Rewards.
      There are 3 reward levels.
      Supporter. If you would like to back the campaign without receiving any of the rewards you can use this pledge level.
      Lone Shambler! Choose this pledge if you would like one of the two Shambling Mould models. Choose from either SM 1: Shambler Walking or SM 2: Shambler Attacking.
      Double Trouble! Choose this pledge level if you would like both SM 1 and SM 2 Shambling Mound sculpts.
      The Models.
      The Shambling Mound models will be cast in high quality grey resin. They have been designed to fit on either a 40mm square or round base.

SM 2: Shambler Attacking is a two part model and will need assembly. Use superglue to attach seperate arm.
      Stretch goal!
      We start the campaign with this initial stretch goal to aim for. If we get to the goal of £1000 the the Young Shambler will be unlocked and added FREE to all pledges. Additional Young Shambler models can be added for £2.

• By SamuraiJack

About
      Comet Lord Miniatures is making it's first series of monstrous miniatures for your tabletop games.
      The Eye Sovereign that views beholders as mere slaves to carry out its ill will? A mimic able to disguise itself as a regular sized chest as it waits to burst out and devour an unlucky adventurer whole?
      Comet Lord Miniatures is seeking to fund the production of its first line of miniatures through this Kickstarter campaign.
      This campaign will start with 2 miniatures including 'The Giant Mimic' and 'The Eye Sovereign'. Hopefully we'll expand this into a full series of miniatures through some stretch goals!
      All miniatures require assembly and will be shipped unpainted.
      -
      -
      -
      Each of the miniatures will be made from high quality resin. The core miniatures for this campaign are both 'large sized' creatures and they are compatible with most 28mm scale tabletop map products. Turntable renders of the core miniatures

• By Paradoxical Mouse
      These are simply adorable! 

• By SamuraiJack

About
      BASE SYSTEM ROOTS 
      When I moved from hex map to miniature rules gaming, I struggled to find any decent affordable scenery. 
      Thus I decided to make some myself. These were sold online under the name of Mechanized Designworks. I found many other people liked them. 
      This led to my decision to make an entire range accessible to the public through DFA, in the form of the BASE System. With your support DFA intends to create the largest range of affordable, high quality modular 6mm scale scenery and buildings. With your continued support, the range has scope to expand indefinitely.
      BASE System sections will be made from 3D printed design originals. Each section will be individually hand-finished before casting in resin, creating a high-quality finish suitable for your choice of model paint. 
      BASE SYSTEM CORE  
       BASE Systems are modular.  
      Example BASE System layout with stand-alone buildings There are many buildings, from stand-alone structures and themed sets, to totally modular sets that allow players to build a base as big or small as they wish. A host of new building designs and base layouts can be created by simply repositioning individual sections; while the same parts can be endlessly reconfigured to provide new vistas for each game.  

If you're looking to build a small outpost or firebase or a big planetary command centre for your games, BASE has you covered. Best of all: because BASE System is modular, you can take it apart and redesign it when setting up your next game.  
      Infinite possibilities and configurations await with BASE.
      Example of a large BASE system layout using modular parts BASE SYSTEM VISUAL  
      BASE offers a uniform look and feel across sets in the range. 
      While each module in a set is interchangeable, it will still conform to the overall chosen appearance of your tabletop. In addition, you can make sets look entirely different, yet cohesive, with a few additional components in different paint livery.
      EVOLVING YOUR BASE SYSTEM  
      Start small and go large … or start big.  
      Example of a small BASE System layout The choice is yours. The BASE System is available in box sets and individual components. You can evolve your BASE System at your own speed by adding components or sets as and when it suits you. (To help get you started with this, you will also receive two of some buildings at specific pledge levels.)
      Fire Control and HQ buildings  
      The Repair Bay contains 2 rigs, allowing you to switch between closed and open during your games.  
      The Geodesic Dome will feature a clear resin casting,allowing you to create features inside the structure.  
      The Class A Interstellar Communications set is just the first modular BASE system we hope to produce.
  • Who's Online   37 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)