ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

4 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Woohoo!

I did a video with me in the box, but I need to take a picture. I'll have to take everything out of the box again to do so. Whoops. 

You could just do a screen grab from your video??? right?

• Like 4

Overall my impressions so far are that this new iteration of Bones material is superior is quality. Also, the resealable bags on many of the minis was a nice touch. I haven't painted any of it yet, but I am thinking this KS will prove to be my favorite of them all so far.

I still haven't finished unboxing, as I started with the big stuff and am now in the process of moving to smaller, but more numerous things like Core and Expansions. The crisp detail and more firm material is outstanding this far!

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Awful video quality so the screenshot is similarly awful, but okay. 

inbox.png

looks okay to me:) Oh and for the record, I am NOT getting in my box:rock: Maybe put it over my head?? Or see how many of my kids stuffed animals will fit into it???

2 minutes ago, Talae said:

Overall my impressions so far are that this new iteration of Bones material is superior is quality. Also, the resealable bags on many of the minis was a nice touch. I haven't painted any of it yet, but I am thinking this KS will prove to be my favorite of them all so far.

I still haven't finished unboxing, as I started with the big stuff and am now in the process of moving to smaller, but more numerous things like Core and Expansions. The crisp detail and more firm material is outstanding this far!

I wasn't sure how much would be ziplock bagged, so I stocked up:) Good to hear some are though.

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, Talae said:

Overall my impressions so far are that this new iteration of Bones material is superior is quality.

It’s different. I’m not so sure it’s superior, although I certainly like the increase in detail and less bendyness.

Don’t like the brittleness though, and I think it’ll be more difficult for conversions.

48 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Also, the resealable bags on many of the minis was a nice touch. 

Like Ratmaster2000, I stocked up on ziplock bags of assorted sizes in preparation for Bones 4 but I do appreciate that so many are already packaged in a similar style of resealable bag.

I haven't painted any of it yet, but I am thinking this KS will prove to be my favorite of them all so far.

Certainly in my top 2.

After Bones 3, where I didn’t even get the core set and only backed for a few add ons and expansions, I was thinking I was on the verge of being Bonesed out. However The selection of minis chosen for Bones 4 Really drew me back in.

After receiving and seeing the Bones Black 4 minis for myself, the sneak previews of the giants and dragons have made me even more excited for Bones 5.

The crisp detail and more firm material is outstanding this far!

I think Bones Black is a must for human sized minis. I think Reaper is playing it smart by making the decision of using original Bones or Bones Black for a mini on a case by case basis.

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

It’s different. I’m not so sure it’s superior, although I certainly like the increase in detail and less bendyness.

Don’t like the brittleness though, and I think it’ll be more difficult for conversions.

I think Bones Black is a must for human sized minis. I think Reaper is playing it smart by making the decision of using original Bones or Bones Black for a mini on a case by case basis.

It will still be easier than metal for conversions. They are definitely smart shifting it to case-by-case. I agree that it will likely become more standard on humanoid size figures. However, most of the Core set humanoids are improved a lot from older editions, and are not BB. What Reaper failed on is the pre-assembly. More BB figures are preassembled to a major detriment. The arm on necromancer-lady from Dreadmere is glued in very poorly. There are beasties in Dreadmere and Fan Favorites that are glued to the base such that reaching the insides of them will be miserable. All it will take to fix that is NOT gluing them. Reaper already showed their willingness to shift to sprues and pieces on smaller figures; they need to continue that. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

"I'll take Bright Skin Highlights for $100 - Alex."

The numbering sequence isn't even coherent.

GEM

You might just have found out why there are so many mix ups with the paint delivery.

If the're labelled wrong, they will be picked wrong.

5 hours ago, NomadZeke said:

I was gonna say it's the highlight for a certain drow skintone that's a tad hard to find.

Oh, finding it is one thing, staying alive during the search is the hardest part.

WOOF to UK agents, time to unload that ship you slackers!!!

Hurry up!

We know where your house lives !!!

• Like 6

Black Magic Craft did an unboxing, his first Reaper KS. He was overwhelmed. So much schadenfreude watching that vid. Also forgot how many bags those minis come in. Are they recyclable in anyway?

• Like 5

I might end up exceedingly happy with UPS later today. Waking up in the middle of the night I find that UPS has updated the delivery date of my Big Beautiful Box of Bones from 4/17 to 4/16, which means I’ll he home when they arrive!!

Note: Due to the impending arrival of granddaughter #4, I have taken a couple of days off work so Nana and I could watch granddaughters 1, 2, and 3 while mommy and daddy were picking up baby Zoey at the Stork Depot. Turns out the storks were very efficient and mommy and daddy made it home a day sooner than expected, so Cece, Lyla, and Mae have gone home a day early to be with mommy and daddy and Zoey, leaving grampa with nothing to do on this, the last Family Leave day off, but to roll around in a big pile of bones which he now expects to arrive one day early!

Addendum: My BBBoB has left Jacksonville!

Edited by Maredudd
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Woohoo!

I did a video with me in the box, but I need to take a picture. I'll have to take everything out of the box again to do so. Whoops. 

There will be no picture of me in a box. There may be a cat in the box, if he cooperates. If we are quite lucky, and my wave 5 pledge gets here at the right time, there might be a baby in the box ^_^ 

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Talae said:

At a quick glance (haven't finished unboxing, let alone dryfitting) I am pretty sure I am missing the Fantasy Scenics and Rulers of Hell. I think everything else is accounted for...probably.

1FF51DD3-02DA-4BD7-A006-CF4C0B5D43CB.thumb.jpeg.4b53958071b2068bbf789396a1f86116.jpeg

Fantasy Scenics is a pretty large bag as these things go; in my restrained little order, only the barge was bigger...

• Like 8